Injury News

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
- Sounds like Jarrett Stidham will not play vs. TCU and is done for the year. Chip Brown reporting that he has a broken ankle. Boykin is improving but is still iffy for this weekend. Stidham's sub last Saturday night (Chris Johnson) was moved from WR in October when Russell got hurt. He played well in relief this past weekend, will be interesting to see if he comes down from earth this weekend or has another solid game.

- Baker Mayfield appears good to go, and that line has jumped to 7 already.

- Texas will likely be missing its two best RBs Thursday night (Foreman and Gray).

For Alabama, Kenyan Drake is practicing but is unlikely to play against AU. Right tackle Dominick Jackson and Minkah Fitzpatrick are expected to play. Fitzmagic is particularly important against Malzahn's offense as he plays the spot Gus has exploited in the past. But Minkah is easily the best player we've lined up there against AU since Javy Arenas

I'm amazed that Drake is practicing. When he went down after making that tackle on special teams vs. Miss. State, and then seeing him clutch his arm, I remember thinking, "That's a bad break. His rehab for '16 will next up."

No so.

I'm amazed that Drake is practicing. When he went down after making that tackle on special teams vs. Miss. State, and then seeing him clutch his arm, I remember thinking, "That's a bad break. His rehab for '16 will next up."

No so.

We had a LB with same injury a few seasons ago that didn't miss a game. But LB vs RB is very different with an arm injury. Doubt we see him before the bowl

A&M OC Jake Spavital is still missing a brain. His body will be on the sidelines , holding index cards.

Florida could be without handfuls of key players for its regular season finale against Florida State because of injuries, Jim McElwain said on Monday while reading through an 11-man injury report for Saturday's game."We will have enough guys run out of the tunnel to form a team in this ball game," McElwain said, via 247 Sports. "I'm looking forward to the guys that are going to be given opportunities to perform and perform at a high level in a game that means so much to so many, and to some of us a little bit more."

The Gators' banged up status is likely the reason the point spread for this game opened with Florida favored by three points and has swung five points to Florida State at -2, at least at the time of this post.

The full Florida injury report, again via 247Sports (and imagine this all being read off a long scroll in ancient times because that's how it feels):

Wide receiver Brandon Powell (questionable, foot), offensive tackle Martez Ivey(questionable, shoulder), offensive tackle David Sharpe (questionable, foot), offensive lineman Cameron Dillard (questionable, leg), defensive end Alex McCallister (out, foot), defensive tackle Taven Bryan (doubtful, ankle), defensive tackle Jonathan Bullard (doubtful, knee), Caleb Brantley (probable, abdomen/groin), defensive tackle Joey Ivie (questionable, leg), defensive lineman Jordan Sherit (out, hamstring) and linebacker Antonio Morrison(probable, stomach/hamstring).
Florida's coaching staff also faces some interesting debates with the SEC Championship Game against Alabama. If a player as valuable as Jonathan Bullard is 50 percent, is it worth risking further injury with a one-game shot at the SEC title just a week away? The rivalry adds another layer to this decision, for sure, but I would not be surprised to see most of these players sitting out against the Seminoles.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...y-report-for-florida-state-causing-line-swing

Back