Initial (not final) SEC PR's

lindetrain

Pretty much a regular
Don't hate me for these, but I evaluated each position for each team and this is what came out. Please provide your input, but SEC guys, try not to be homers...

Alabama - 90.5
Arkansas - 84.5
Auburn - 94
Florida - 100
Georgia - 100
Kentucky - 82.5
LSU - 93.5
Mississippi - 84.5
Mississippi State - 84
South Carolina - 94
Tennessee - 93.5
Vanderbilt - 77

I understand Arky/Ole Miss/MSU doesn't seem right, but that's what I've got and I don't think it's that far off base...

I don't either, for an initial PR in early July I think you have done a solid job. I could see Arky being slightly below the Miss teams....at this point

ETG is going to love you

Homerism aside, I think your ratings look pretty solid

I think Auburn may be a little better than that 94 and Ole Miss is going to be better than that 84.5 Good work though bro

nothing far off , that i can tell.

only huge difference would be arkansas. i have them lower.

Thanks guys.

VK, my PR's factor in OL and DL more heavily, both of which Arkansas holds an advantage over the Mississippi schools. And, I factor in coaching, where I've got Arky at 9, Ole Miss at 8, and MSU at 7.

Once there is some continuity and the team believes in Petrino (hard to do), they will be better than Ole Miss and MSU.

Thanks guys.

VK, my PR's factor in OL and DL more heavily, both of which Arkansas holds an advantage over the Mississippi schools. And, I factor in coaching, where I've got Arky at 9, Ole Miss at 8, and MSU at 7.

Once there is some continuity and the team believes in Petrino (hard to do), they will be better than Ole Miss and MSU.

hehe same thing i do.

Don't hate me for these, but I evaluated each position for each team and this is what came out. Please provide your input, but SEC guys, try not to be homers...

Alabama - 90.5 89
Arkansas - 84.5 81.5
Auburn - 94 96.5
Florida - 100 100
Georgia - 100 99.5
Kentucky - 82.5 82
LSU - 93.5 96
Mississippi - 84.5 85
Mississippi State - 84 83.5
South Carolina - 94 92.5
Tennessee - 93.5 93.5
Vanderbilt - 77 76.5

I understand Arky/Ole Miss/MSU doesn't seem right, but that's what I've got and I don't think it's that far off base...

rounded up or down to the nearest half point

btw , we are in strong disagreement about how arkansas ol and dl rate vs ole miss ol and dl. probably where our difference in rating occurs. i have both those spots higher for ole miss than the razorbacks, significantly so for the offensive line.

Last edited:
I was glad to see you both rate the Cocks so high. I feel pretty confident in this bunch this year.

I was glad to see you both rate the Cocks so high. I feel pretty confident in this bunch this year.

yes. I think their defense is going to be nice. My concern is that offensive line. They were one of the worst rushing teams in the entire nation last year. And starting with Spurriers disgust with them in the second half of the unc game , they seemed to get worse as the year went on. I think it was after the tarheel game or after the vandy game that he was almost holding open tryouts. He was pissed. But the unit didn't respond and they didnt average 5 ypc vs any fbs schools last year. Florida DL is better. LSU DL might not be better but it still might be the best in the conference ( nation? ). Auburn is sick too. georgia ... so they are going to have to improve a lot. ncstate has my worst rated DL in the acc , so if the gamecocks cant run on those guys , you can forget about them having success in the sec conference games.

Can I marry you guys? I am off to work, when I get home, I will join the discussion.

NC ST, ur going downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

UF and UGA at the top... few will argue that

Auburn and LSU as a coin toss to win the West... few will argue that

I don't think your Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St ratings look strange. They are the consensus bottom half of the West. I think Ole Miss surprises and Arkansas bottom feeds as they rebuild in Fayetteville, but those are my opinions not objective numbers. I also think Bama could flop and have Ole Miss and/or Miss St pass them in the standings.

The only surprise I have is that you have SCar and Tenn up there with Auburn and LSU.

GL this season, lindetrain.

Last edited:
I have, at this point, chosen to study for the bar exam instead of SEC o-line and d-line values.

I want you all to know that threads like this make me rethink my decision everyday. I'll be around in August. For now, more Torts.

Nice job guys. :shake:

Lindetrain,

Appreciate you posting your SEC power rankings; you've inspired me to post some of mine, and I think will post my ACC power rankings when I get home.

I like your SEC rankings and the only one I would question outright is South Carolina; very bold putting them ahead of LSU. I personally think they should be about 4 or 5 lower; if Florida went to Columbia as only a 3 pt favorite, I would bet the Gators the first game of the year.

going thru the golden nugget goy lines , it looks like they are in more agreement with your power ratings , linde

Had to rearrange your guys PR in order that I think are the best teams before I write this up. Linds are still the first listed, Kyles second. * for SC and Tenn = I think they are even.

Florida - 100 100
Georgia - 100 99.5
LSU - 93.5 96
Auburn - 94 96.5
*South Carolina - 94 92.5
*Tennessee - 93.5 93.5
Alabama - 90.5 89
Mississippi - 84.5 85
Mississippi State - 84 83.5
Arkansas - 84.5 81.5
Kentucky - 82.5 82
Vanderbilt - 77 76.5

Just some general thoughts:

I give UF the overall edge in the conf because they just have so much on offense. They have an endless amount of speed and weapons matched by no one else in this league. I am not ready to concede the West to Auburn yet, LSU still has so much talent in the trenches, a deep crew of RB's, talent all over the place at WR, it is just a matter of how the pass defense shapes up. With SC, this is fully under the assumption that the injury bug stays away from them and the OL I figure to play, actually is ready to play. Tennessee is going to be strong on the OL, strong at RB, talent at WR, they have a vetern QB who has been tutoring, and they bring in a highly successful HC from D1AA Richmond as OC. I do think Ole Miss is a team to watch out for, especially at home, they got talent on the field and a coach who can do a little something with it.

How I ranked the top Units:

QB: Florida
RB: UGA has the best one, LSU is the deepest at that position
WR & TE: Florida
OL: Tennessee w/ LSU a verrrrrrry close second
DL: LSU
LB: SC
DB: SC

All homerism aside, SC is very talented in their back 7 provided they are all on the field.

good stuff etg.

Was wondering if you remember at what point it was in the season last year that spurrier was asking the student body to come out and try to make the team at ol ??

Was it after unc or vandy ?? i cant seem to find it online. i think that is the unit that makes them or breaks them this year.

Back