Indy 500

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
They ran a practice session last month is why this is considered #2. Very cool day and about zero chance it will be this type of weather come race day. Just glad to see them back at hallowed ground.

87A56B57-CCFE-4DDC-BF1B-F527F222A7FE.jpeg

Just too early to comment much. Fair to say Karam rolled off the truck with a good car tho. Will be interesting to see what number they throw at Kanaan. Session 3

51D1F057-1E54-40C6-8B0F-97BB0D708203.jpeg

Ferrucci hammers the wall in turn 2 today but is ok. Sounds as if he’ll be a little gimpy but that’s to be expected. In one of the more bizarre incidents in recent memory, Herta and McLaughlin touched because the Rahal team were lining up for a photo shoot at the line on a hot track. I’m still not sure if everyone knew what was going on, but totally boneheaded imo. And one of the old men leads today. Pretty damn hot day today so more indicative of the expected weather for pole. Still no one is trimmed out so we’ll just keep seeing what everyone is doing and saying and keep making mental notes. Session 4

DD6DEBC4-B05C-4419-8B12-C78C499B5D3D.jpeg

If anyone sees any numbers please post them. I don’t gamble like I used too and my one outlet (local) posts them pretty damn late. Thanks.

Fast Friday session. Been working so hope to catch up tomorrow sometime. Truly amazing how badass Dixon is, and has been, for his whole career. Nice mix of old men and young guns in the top ten.

41C53D20-8714-4E03-B7D8-0E64EB2F2F34.jpeg

That’s only 3 chevys in the top 18 btw. Do you remember what it was like to be young and have balls the size of Texas?

2589F81C-7FE7-48ED-BEE9-123E418B5E6A.jpeg

Palou should have kept his ass in the pits instead of trying to improve. I don’t blame the youngster, I do however blame the team. Imagine no safer barriers

507999D7-46D0-45FC-8074-146BA6F16C97.jpeg

Odd to see Power not make the field on day one, but he will. I hope Simona makes it, but I don’t know. Mental note that Harvey already has changed out his engine and it sounded sick yesterday so hopefully I can find out more in that. They set the fast nine and the last row today. I really missed watching it yesterday but I’ve got it recorded at the house at least. The fast nine will be fun. Oh, and the Carpenter stable is strong.

The Dallara DW12 had a second facelift done in 2018. The general consensus is its made racing on ovals more challenging (harder to pass) obviously this is not a lot of data, but interesting nonetheless. In the past, if you had a good car, you’d find yourself in the mix after 500 miles. You be the judge

2018 - winner came from 3rd
2019 - winner came from 1st
2020 - winner came from 3rd

avg starting position of 2.3

compared to the other years
2012 - winner came from 16th
2013 - winner came from 12th
2014 - winner came from 19th
2015 - winner came from 15th
2016 - winner came from 11th
2017 - winner came from 4th

avg starting position of 12.83

So Dixon wins the pole over Herta by .0197 seconds. That equates to a distance of 7 feet over the 10 miles (4 laps). Talk about a razor thin margin. Simona makes the field with the all woman team and I’m very happy for them. She’s very solid and a driver is only worth what the team is and the car they’re put in. Power sneaks into the field and is lucky no one had the car to bump him or he’d be drinking beer and watching the race after brushing the wall. Carb day (Friday) looks sketchy on rain so we’ll see how that goes. Race day looks fine as far as precipitation, but a high of 79 is going to throw a Mouse wrench in car set ups considering the heat they’ve been dialing the cars into these recents days. Ganassi and Ed Carpenters stable look so damn strong. Obviously Herta and RHR from the Andretti camp. One other note is Veekay says his car is awesome and he can pass with ease. His maiden win without a doubt is a monster confidence boost.

Great guy = Mouse. I edited it and and saved it and it won’t change. Wtf ever on that. If you see matchups post them. I’ll keep adding relevant info when I find it. Can’t wait. Cheers

Still waiting on matchups. My local always shaves these so I’m sure you can find better numbers. All are .10 units fwiw. Going to be challenging to get carb day in today. This day is actually very important ( as opposed to most years) because most of the practice sessions were in much hotter weather and the temperature today will be identical to race day.

Carpenter +2100

Helio +2500 (don’t play this one. He makes way too many mistakes since he’s gotten old. His practice times weren’t great and I don’t have much faith in this team

Jones +5000 — am I remembering him driving to an incredible 3rd place finish here in 2017 with a hole in his nose cone? Prolly so

Well that was a pretty wild carb day. Carpenter and Pagenaud came oh so close to tangling as did Ferrucci and Daly. The Penske cars struggled most of the month and certainly during qualifying, but they’re dialed in now. The effort from the Carpenter team yesterday was a head scratcher and I find concerning to be honest. One for sure fade I’m going to try and find is someone against Simona. Her ride is a Juncos car with Penske prep. The car has been around since 2012 and has a long history of being used as a road course car. If it weren’t for Penske’s help, I doubt she’d be in the field. She hasn’t been here since 2015 and you’ve got to wonder how the pit stops will go as well. I have a lot of respect for her, but that has zero to do with trying to make a dollar. Impatiently waiting on matchups.

Dixon -103 Pato... 2 units. It’s a local and you’re not getting that number it’s so bad. Mine will get cancelled but wtf ever. It’s my duty

Rahal -138 Power

Helio +103 Ericsson

RHR +112 Pags

Those were the pull the trigger with no qualms

Two more.... Fittipaldi +102 Karam.... think Karam has the better car and he certainly has more experience, but Karam can have a brain lock as quickly as anyone and he has a lot of traffic to go thru

Hildebrand +117 Wilson.... wrong man favored

Should play TK top 5 +175 but I’m passing for some reason

As always, I just want everyone to stay clean and stay away from the infield care center. I wish everyone luck and don’t forget the drinking game for the entire season.....gotta turn one back every time you hear “Jimmie Johnson” or a reference to “weight jackers”. Cheers

Thanks for all your input, great stuff as usual Capt!

Playing
1u
TK +1500 top 5 +215

1/2 unit each
VeeKay +1600
Carpenter +2200
RHR +3000

Thanks for all your input, great stuff as usual Capt!

Playing
1u
TK +1500 top 5 +215

1/2 unit each
VeeKay +1600
Carpenter +2200
RHR +3000

Thank you sir and I hope we both cash some tickets. The mix of talented youngsters with good cars is going to make this crazy. Love the TK action. He has what it takes here and would love to see the old man get another.

Little fun action

TK +1200, top 3 +350
Veekay top 3 +400
Honda winning engine -210

Enjoy, this one should be wild

Little fun action

TK +1200, top 3 +350
Veekay top 3 +400
Honda winning engine -210

Enjoy, this one should be wild

Love the Honda play KJ. Best of luck sir. Alright time to enjoy the company and the spectacle. GLTA and cheers.

Reactions: KJ
Back