Indian Wells & Miami

tazz

blankets refugee
hello...there are 2 big tennis tournaments over the next 3 weeks, 1 in california and 1 in florida...

i play tennis, i know tennis...need to watch the matches to see current form...need to know surfaces, h2h, etc...it's fairly simple b/c it's 1 on 1...over the next few days i will hardly play anything (i'll try to watch some) other than maybe 1 or 2 small ones...but come the 2nd week, i will be laying large dough on matches, more than i do in hoops, pucks, etc

i feel the top half of the draw has an easier path to the final with fed, murray, tsonga, verdasco, davydenko, cilic, blake in the bottom half...in the top half we have nadal, djokovic, roddick, del potro, nalbandian..if i don't like the way things are going, i can always get out of this later..

Nadal to win Indian Wells +275
1.5 units

thoughts on monday's card:

kohl beats lapentti
murray beats mathieu
blake/gonzo could go either way (good to trade, lean blake)
verdasco beats gasquet (good to trade)
simon beat ljubo
fed beats karlovic
cilic beats robredo (good to trade)
tsonga beats andreev (good to trade)

Nice, glad to see someone posting about tennis...

Just watched the Blake/Gonzales match - that was ugly. For Blake. Gonzo looked real good,

No Verdasco line up at Bookmaker or I'd take him

Here's Tuesdays (3/17) matches

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width=865 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY class=scoretable id=scoreTable><TR id=606842 height=16><TD>16:00</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=11>ATP-S</TD><TD id=1170>USA-IW</TD><TD>R32</TD><TD>DJOKOVIC N. (SRB)</TD><TD>HAAS T. (GER)</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>
info.gif
</TD></TR><TR id=606845 height=16><TD>16:00</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=11>ATP-S</TD><TD id=1170>USA-IW</TD><TD>R32</TD><TD>MELZER J. (AUT)</TD><TD>DEL POTRO J.M. (ARG)</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>
info.gif
</TD></TR><TR id=606853 height=16><TD>17:30</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=11>ATP-S</TD><TD id=1170>USA-IW</TD><TD>R32</TD><TD>ISNER J. (USA)</TD><TD>SAFIN M. (RUS)</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>
info.gif
</TD></TR><TR id=606850 height=16><TD>18:00</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=11>ATP-S</TD><TD id=1170>USA-IW</TD><TD>R32</TD><TD>TROICKI V. (SRB)</TD><TD>NALBANDIAN D. (ARG)</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>
info.gif
</TD></TR><TR id=606849 height=16><TD>19:30</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=11>ATP-S</TD><TD id=1170>USA-IW</TD><TD>R32</TD><TD>NADAL R. (ESP)</TD><TD>TURSUNOV D. (RUS)</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>
info.gif
</TD></TR><TR id=606852 height=16><TD>19:30</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=11>ATP-S</TD><TD id=1170>USA-IW</TD><TD>R32</TD><TD>QUERREY S. (USA)</TD><TD>WAWRINKA S. (SUI)</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>
info.gif
</TD></TR><TR id=606841 height=16><TD>21:00</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=11>ATP-S</TD><TD id=1170>USA-IW</TD><TD>R32</TD><TD>FERRER D. (ESP)</TD><TD>CHARDY J. (FRA)</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>
info.gif
</TD></TR><TR id=606854 height=16><TD>22:30</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=11>ATP-S</TD><TD id=1170>USA-IW</TD><TD>R32</TD><TD>KIEFER N. (GER)</TD><TD>RODDICK A. (USA)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

thoughts on what i saw monday:

didn't see kohl/lapentti, murray/mathieu, blake/gonzo, or tsonga/andreev

simon was bad (his form is not nearly as good as it was last year, last year may be his peak) and ljubicic played pretty well...served big and deserved it

fed was down a minibreak in the first set breaker but righted himself and won

cilic was atrocious...made something like 50+ errors, robredo wasn't that good but cilic was that bad

first play of the tournament is querrey to beat wawrinka...querrey is serving big, hitting his groundies with some conviction...he has a bigger game than wawrinka...it was +122 last night, down to +110...i think querrey will go off as the favorite

i don't have time now but i will look into the other matches later on

Querrey +110 vs Wawrinka (1 unit)

thx captslap and evalagoal...

i am at work, will miss the first 2 (haas/nole and melzer/del potro)...i may be busy after so i may miss all of today's action but i will try to see some of safin/isner and troicki/nalbandian..nadal will roll tursonov...i am on querrey...ferrer/chardy could be a good one to trade....roddick should beat kiefer no problem

thx captslap and evalagoal...

i am at work, will miss the first 2 (haas/nole and melzer/del potro)...i may be busy after so i may miss all of today's action but i will try to see some of safin/isner and troicki/nalbandian..nadal will roll tursonov...i am on querrey...ferrer/chardy could be a good one to trade....roddick should beat kiefer no problem

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tazz.... good stuff my man... I agree w/ all your ideas and projections..

I saw blake and he's just CRAP

GL as well

tazz,

if you said Cilic gave that game away rather than Robredo winning then i wont' feel bad lol.

I'm on Nadal/Tursonov Under 18.5 @ 1.90 Think that Nadal will make quick work of the Russian here.

On the women's side I'm taking Safina -5.5 @ 1.90 Craybas is just too small vs Safina. The only way this loses is if Safina's mental game doesn't show up, other than that Craybas is going to be playing defense all game long, so expect her to try and keep the rallies longer and hope Dinara gets frustrated. However, I just feel Safina's game is more polished this year.

good call on robredo yesterday torontomike, i did not expect that...but trust me, it was a horror show by cilic, he was terrible....robredo will get creamed by murray

i like your nadal/tursunov under, i think nadal crushes him

tazz,

like I said I don't know much about Cilic so I was a little skeptical about it, nevertheless I trust your judgement, I mean both men's and women's tennis has changed so drastically. I still remember Djokovic has being a whiner who kept complaining about heat.

Amazing how you see all these people come and go!

very unfortunate on querrey...he won the first set 6-2, played a loose game at the end of the 2nd set, had a couple match points in the 3rd set breaker but wawrinka pulled it out i think 10-8

don't see anything today...i would think the favorites win...i won't be able to watch any of the matches..good luck with whatever you play

just got home, didn't see roddick/joker but by the scoreline roddick killed him...joker quits sometimes, he has skills but is a pussy

either way, i think nadal will crush del potro, then beat roddick in the semis

he will play the winner of fed/murray...haven't seen any of murray this tournament but if he has no virus (as he often is feeling sick lol) i think he'll beat fed..

either way, i think nadal wins the tournament...he has lost to murray the last 2 (getting bageled in the 3rd this year (but he was tired from the australian) and losing at the us open last year...he will get revenge....if he plays fed he has feds' number winning the last 6

both murray and nadal won as i thought...i am not greening out on murray tomorrow at +128..i will let my nadal +275 ride

be back tomorrow for a recap of the final and looking forward to miami

cheers

hello

nadal is too good

creamed murray i think 1 and 2 or something...complete dismantling

nadal is here to stay for a long long long time

nadal +275 outright cashes

he hardly expended any energy in cali...did you guys see the australin this year when he should've been dog tired but still rolled fed in the 5th after going mano a mano with his spaniard verdasco in the semis...this guy does not get tired....the point i am trying to make is that i will take nadal to win miami starting thursday if i can get odds around +200 to ++275 like i did this tournament...this guy may win the grand slam

i will put some more individual plays up for you guys starting later this week in miami...at least thoughts if not plays when i can...enjoy the spring turning into summer season

on the states to beat japan in the wbs semis, parlay of sj/anaheim in nhl

i will be back in a few days when the draw comes out

i will play very few matches over the next few days but i will take nadal to win miami

Nadal to win Miami +175 1.5 units

busy, haven't been able to see anything this week so tough to gauge...i will try to catch a glimpse if i can

today:

djokovic already beat berdych
tsonga is up in the 3rd vs simon
murray should beat troicki
verdasco should beat stepanek though this could be a good one
roddick should beat monfils though this could be a good one
no idea about del potro/ferrer
federer should beat dent
nadal should beat wawrinka

hello nawlins...

tsonga is 4-1 vs nole and has beaten nole the last 4 times they have played, including once this year...however i think djokovic may be a little pissed that he is not being mentioned in the top 3 with rafa, murray and fed and may take this one...he had an easier match with berdych yesterday compared to tsonga...i am not playing it so i wish you the best of luck...i would like to see tsonga win...djokovic is a dick

no idea about the womens...i don't follow them too much...gl

hello nawlins...

tsonga is 4-1 vs nole and has beaten nole the last 4 times they have played, including once this year...however i think djokovic may be a little pissed that he is not being mentioned in the top 3 with rafa, murray and fed and may take this one...he had an easier match with berdych yesterday compared to tsonga...i am not playing it so i wish you the best of luck...i would like to see tsonga win...djokovic is a dick

no idea about the womens...i don't follow them too much...gl

Thanks Tazz.Djokovic has played inferior competition in this tourny also while Tsonga has been fighting uphill since the start imo.Tsonga will be ready for his ass.

federer owns roddick but fed is making too many errors...he had to save 8 break points vs dent of all people yesterday...roddick has a chance tonight imo...i'll be safe and play the handicap but i would advise some on the ml as well..

Roddick +3.5 -103 vs Federer

also playing Roddick +370 small

as for the other quarters tomorrow...nadal will crush del potro like he did last week

murray should avenge his loss to verdasco at the aussie this year...this could be a very good match

roddick covered the handicap

fed hit some sublime, brilliant shots like he always does but he is making too many errors, sometimes easy errors as he had 40 unforced...i haven't seen djokovic play this tournament but i think he stand a chance and at these odds i will take him in the semis

Djokovic +205 vs Federer

i will try to catch some of murray/verdasco this evening to get a read on how they're playing but i don't think i'll bet it

i will try to catch some of murray/verdasco this evening to get a read on how they're playing but i don't think i'll bet it

Just grabbed Murray... Don't think Verdasco is going to be too much of an issue....

GL Buddy

imho value on Verdasco ...Muzza is playing too passive wich prove fatal against Nadal in IW final cuz Nadal is master of that shit (only 6 winners for Muzza)...if he dosent come alot more agressive and doesn't step up he's first and as well second serve he whill get hammerd by Nando may be even much easyer then the first time they met this year on AO..so
Verdasco @ 3 10u

gl

both you guys have good points...that is what will decide this match, how much murray goes for it...

if murray is passive and lets verdasco dictate, verdasco stands a good chance....however murray has more variety and if both are playing near the top of their games, murray wins this

imho value on Verdasco ...Muzza is playing too passive wich prove fatal against Nadal in IW final cuz Nadal is master of that shit (only 6 winners for Muzza)...if he dosent come alot more agressive and doesn't step up he's first and as well second serve he whill get hammerd by Nando may be even much easyer then the first time they met this year on AO..so
Verdasco @ 3 10u

gl

Great play my man... I went w/ Nadal and paid the price... Lets hope that Djokovic can win this match today

i didn't see the del potro/nadal match so i don't know what happened...but i did not see that coming...i am assuming del potro played out of his ass and nadal was not mentally sharp as he has played a lot of matches the last couple weeks....i should've seen that coming as he only beat wawrinka 6 and 6....murray killed verdasco

i am on djokovic today at +200

also taking Djokovic +3 +122

money has come in on fed as they are playing in the middle of the day...forecast is 30 degrees celsius and sunny and nole has trouble in these conditions....however i like this price and am still solid on this play..i don't think the line should be anyway near this high

Tazz you are aware that Djokovic has not been feeling well all week and was treated for heat sickness yesterday correct?

starbuck, i did not know that...he didn't play yesterday but i assume he was treated the day before....yes, he is the worst player in these conditions and the line keeps rising but i have booked this play and am not going to juice out now...

starbuck, i did not know that...he didn't play yesterday but i assume he was treated the day before....yes, he is the worst player in these conditions and the line keeps rising but i have booked this play and am not going to juice out now...

Ok just wanted to give you the FYI. He has had a stomach bug this week, which is why he is having problems the last few days on the court with the heat.

Good call on Novak guys. Roger dominated the first set and won, then not sure what happened in the second and third sets as he looked really bad.

wow, fed just BLEW up and broke his racket. this is some crazy shit. i'm a big fed fan and when i made the bet i was like man, i hate to say it but i have to take value while fed's line are still crazy inflated.

good win jimbo and fellas

i am at work and wasn't able to watch the match but statwise djokovic crushed him in the 2nd and 3rd...i'm assuming that fed made a bunch of errors like he had all tournament

i will be on murray tonight...be back in 5

del potro won yesterday but had to go 3 hours with nadal...good luck tonight....murray will stay out there all night if he has to...this could be a quick one

i like murray to win miami now

for tonight:

Murray to win 2 sets to 0 +103 vs Del Potro

Murray -3.5 games -114 vs Del Potro

these plays are both smaller than my djokovic play

unfortunately split wagers...murray played a loose 2nd set but still beat del potro handily...

murray has won the last 2 vs djokovic...murray is more consistent at this point...he has a better return game than djokovic imo...could be a good match but i think murray will win this handily...prolly take him in a -3 handicap or something, match isn't till sunday, we got time

um, fed needs a coach or something, the guy is shanking forehands all around the joint lol...what has happened to this guy...the guy used to be have the quickest games, his matches were done in under an hour

nawlins, jdynomite, i don't see djokovic winning...we will see in a couple hours....good health

Back