Inconsistent Teams

M.R. Goode

Ohio St. deserves no BCS talk
I could have called them "unpredictable" but that is not always the case. But these teams are sometimes best to avoid in your handicapping. The late Mort Olshan of the Gold Sheet said these teams feature one of two things; either, a great coach with inferior talent or great talent with poor coaching. The one can overcome the other in certain situations, our job is to find those situations. In my mind right now there is no team that exhibits these inconsistent traits more than UCLA. They already have this year 54 and 36 pointspread losses and a pointspead win of 29. That is ridiculous!

I think I can be certain that we would all about agree that this is talent with poor coaching. I would love to here other teams that fit these catagories and more importantly has anyone figured out ways to spot these performances before kick-off.

I can start it with my analysis of Texas Tech. This team is excellent scheme (good coaching) that can pound weak teams with the best of them, with their weak early slate they always appear better than they are but up against good defense on road, they come up short.

My Aggies are somewhat the opposite good talent , poor coaching pound weak sisters but can't hang with big boys on the road, eg Miami game.

What insights can we come up with?

Top three don't count ETG..because they are CONSISTENTLY bad on the road..you know what to expect...

HAHA,

Jump, while that is true, I have to post it just to remind myself how dumb I am when I re-read that list.. Miami on the road (CHECK), Ok St on the road (Check), Clemson (Check)

But what spots can we use to make some money?

When is Clemson gonna come with a lemon?

Another one not mentioned GT, they are all over the place. every year.

I think I just heard on the radio..

Clemson has been favored in its last 10 losses...

If that is true, all I can say is WOW

Utah certainly has an identity problem.

15 point dog. win by 38
14 point dog. win by 10.
7 point fav. lose by 7
7 point fav lose by 27

Most can be explained by injuries. Coaching certainly could be better. Always worth a ML play on the dogs in Utah games.

why not Florida State

I need Rolaids every time I bet them

Which makes me wonder can we just go with anything Bowden.
The Bowdens have burned me so many times I could cry.....LIKE TEBOW!

Back