**** IceMan24's Saturday NCAA Plays ****

IceMan24

Pretty much a regular
2008 CFB Record: 4-0-0 (+4.00 Units)
2008 ATS Record: 4-0-0 (+4.00 Units)<o></o>
2008 O/U Record: 0-0-0 (+0.00 Units)
-----------------------------------------------

Alright fellas lets continue winning some money. Will be posting plays in here all day so here are the early kickoffs that I like. Writeups a little shorter than usual so as to get the plays in.

Northwestern Wildcats -12

New offensive coordinator for the Cats who comes from Bowling Green so this won't be much of a change for these guys as they basically ran the same thing last year. One of the best quarterbacks you have never heard of is throwing the rock in CJ Bacher. He will guide this offense while on the defensive side of the ball their strength is the D-line hands down. Headed by Gill on the line, this could be the year Northwestern gets back to a bowl.
Northwestern 38 Syracuse 21

Will continue to add more plays as the day goes on ...

Last edited:
Adding:

East Carolina Pirates +9

Taking my first of a few dogs today. Like the Pirates to keep this one close throughout the game. They will have a chance to win this one straightup as it is played at a neutral site that is indeed going to be filled with Pirate fans. The Pirates return 18 starters and have two great quarterbacks that will lead this team through the year. 9 starters return to this defense that forced 31 turnovers last year, a very fast and athletic defense.
Just not sold on this Va Tech team this year. They lost a lot and seem to be in a "rebuilding" year if there is such a thing at Va Tech. Also they lost their best defensive back to injury and will be out for this game. There defense will be average early on after losing such talent at linebacker and the secondary. I think East Carolina can keep it close throughout and taking the points is the way to go in this one.
East Carolina 24 Virgina Tech 27

Adding:

Wyoming Cowboys -14

Got this line late, but still don't think that it will be a problem. Enough has been written on this game and many people (myself included) think this is a sleeper team that has potential to do some great damage in the conference and maybe just maybe sneak into the BCS talk. Time will tell, but think the Cowboys roll in this one. Be a little leery on the fact the start in their conference next week but they should not be looking ahead!
Wyoming 34 Ohio 14

Be back later with more plays ...

Adding:

Michigan Wolverines -3

Very tough game here to call but I really like Michigan to come out huge in this game. Utah has the potential to be a BCS buster that is how good they can be. However, in this game I am going to take one of the best if not the best defenses in the country. Michigan is tremendous on defense and don't see how Utah is going to score points in this one. Michigan is adjusting to new head coach Rich Rodriguez but he will get it done in this tight low scoring ball game. Michigan gets a nice home win in the new Michigan era. Look for the spreadish offense to get it done for a few scores and the defense to propel the Wolverines to 1-0.
Michigan 24 Utah 10

USC Trojans -20

Another popular play around here and I couldn't agree with you all more. Virginia lost a lot especially in Long. USC lost some as well but they are much better than Virginia. They love to go on the road early and beat people up, just look at the last three or few years and seen how they have done on the road. USC rolls in this one.
USC 52 Virginia 14

Still got some more plays for the late afternoon/night games fellas.

wow I think I am leaning toward utah....but good luck...I can't pick a winner anyway so it doesnt matter haha....you are prolly right....

Adding:

Western Michigan Broncos +14

Last season was pretty dissapointing one for the Broncos as they went 5-7 last year and fell short of expectations. Look for this team to surpass expectations this year and that all starts with quarterback Tim Hiller. Who two years ago was the MAC freshman of the year and he couldn't find a rhythm last year although he ended with 20+ TD's and 3000+ yards. Brandon West will be in the backfield with him a man that gained over 2,000 all purpose yards last year. So look for him to get plenty of touches in this one. The best part of this team is that they return all 11 defensive starters from a year ago. A solid defense last year looks to continue their strong chemistry as they have plenty of All-Mac performers on this side of the ball.
Nebraska is in a rebuilding year after the removal of Callahan at coach and bringing back the best defensive coordinator Nebraska has had and install him at head coach. The head coach retained offensive coordinator and looks to continue a pretty good offense that averaged over 30 points a game last year. The defense is going to be average at best. They gave up a total of 455 points last year. This year they moved a running back to starting linebacker (interesting) so their looks to be growing pains for this defense. I like the Broncos to keep this one close and perhaps get a nice win outright in this one.
Western Michigan 24 Nebraska 27

Northern Illinois Huskies +8.5

This is a very strong team that the Huskies are going to be putting on the field this year. This team returns 9 starters on each side of the ball from a team that lost 5 games by a total of just 20 points. Putting in a new offense in a way that will feature more shotgun sets and spread principles. The whole line returns and they are happy to bring back tailback Justin Anderson who rushed for over 120o yards before injuring his PCL. The defense is really strong up front anchored by Larry English who had 10.5 sacks last year.
The Gophers are still rebuilding from a team that won only a single game last year. This is a team that is trying to adjust from a power running game to a spread it out air attack. They recruited some athletes but don't expect a few freshman to come in a change the game for the Gophers. The defense is pretty bad and will be handled by former Duke head coach. They have opened up every defensive spot for battle and expect them to still be sorting out who will play where during the game. I really like Northern Illinois to win this one outright, but I will still take the points in this game.
Northern Illinois 31 Minnesota 28

Texas Christian Horned Frogs -6

TCU is known for its defense and this year should not be much different. They return 6 starters on a team that led the league with 42 sacks. With the addition of James Voss who was suspended last year can only help strengthen an already great defense. The offense struggled with fumbles last year as they coughed it up 28 times and that has got to change if they want to regain that swagger they know they have. The o-line is all back and they will block for a talented running back in Aaron Brown who is a senior. This is a very opportunistic special teams unit that had 4 blocked punts last year which is very good and will be a big factor for them to get back on top in the conference.
The Lobos offense all start with all conference performer in Mr. Rodney Freguson but that is about it for this offense. The QB is back and he seems to be settling in but will have his struggles again this year. The best part about this defense is the secondary in which they have depth and athletes while their line is just returning one starter from a year ago. New Mexico can run the ball but TCU is great at stopping the run, while New Mexico will struggle to stop TCU's great rushing attack. I like TCU to run away with this game at New Mexico.
TCU 27 New Mexico 14

Still looking at some others and will add a little later ...

Adding:

Texas Longhorns -24

No time for writeup on this, just know they come out strong after that poor performance in their opener last year. Plus new D-coordinator is a stud.

Still got three more to go just finishing up a couple of things so stay tuned ...

Adding: Probably last 3 plays

Michigan State Spartans +6

Clemson Tigers -4.5

Missouri Tigers -9

No time for these last three write-ups, but this will probably do me for the night. Lets hope this night turns out in our favor fellas! BOL to all!

good luck man....to be honest I am on the other side on all 3 of your final plays....but lets have a good night... i have 5 more out there...

Hell of day so far bro...keep up the good work. I been on track with you on almost all of yours except for the Vtech game which obviously was stupid. I mean honestly, I think I could play better than Sean Glennon on any given day. But good luck on tonight.

Back