I Mean...Maybe He Has 440 Million Reasons He Doesn't Like Playing In Washington...

With almost all of Scott Boras clients the player goes to the highest bidder so that means he probably ends up in LA, NY, or SF. The sooner the Nats move him the better because he obviously has no intention of leaving one penny on the table.

We don’t know that true, maybe going a certain place or playing for a contender just as important to him. Honestly that deal might sound huge to everyone, and sure that many guaranteed years pretty insane, but yearly salary was only gonna make him like 19th in baseball and that right now, half way thru the deal other guys gonna be getting 40+ mil a year and he stuck playing for less than 30?

Imo it wasn’t that great a deal besides the fact he prob doesn’t wanna be stuck in Washington 15 years!! If I was him I would be aiming for more like a 10 year deal w a player opt out option after year 7, that way he can go back to market at age 30 and sign another mega deal and for another team if his current not competing for rings..

We don’t know that true, maybe going a certain place or playing for a contender just as important to him. Honestly that deal might sound huge to everyone, and sure that many guaranteed years pretty insane, but yearly salary was only gonna make him like 19th in baseball and that right now, half way thru the deal other guys gonna be getting 40+ mil a year and he stuck playing for less than 30?

Imo it wasn’t that great a deal besides the fact he prob doesn’t wanna be stuck in Washington 15 years!! If I was him I would be aiming for more like a 10 year deal w a player opt out option after year 7, that way he can go back to market at age 30 and sign another mega deal and for another team if his current not competing for rings..
He's entitled to go anywhere he wants once he reaches free agency and it looks like he wants out of Washington. Boras recommends all his clients go to free agency which works great for some and others not so much such as Conforto who turned down long term deals with the Mets as well as arbitration and is now injured and out of a lot of money.

Washington needs to trade him for a bounty which will happen this offseason as I doubt a deal like this gets done in the next few weeks. You would think whoever does trade for him is prepared to pay him what he wants because its going to cost quite a bit in prospects. I don't follow the minors all that closely but San Francisco comes to mind as a big market team that lacks a headline player but no idea if they have the prospect capital to get it done.

He's entitled to go anywhere he wants once he reaches free agency and it looks like he wants out of Washington. Boras recommends all his clients go to free agency which works great for some and others not so much such as Conforto who turned down long term deals with the Mets as well as arbitration and is now injured and out of a lot of money.

Washington needs to trade him for a bounty which will happen this offseason as I doubt a deal like this gets done in the next few weeks. You would think whoever does trade for him is prepared to pay him what he wants because its going to cost quite a bit in prospects. I don't follow the minors all that closely but San Francisco comes to mind as a big market team that lacks a headline player but no idea if they have the prospect capital to get it done.

Yea, I think all Boras clients go to market don’t they? Doesn’t mean they leave tho., didht stras go to market but then sign w nats? Thought it went that way.

I agree no way he gets traded in season.

With almost all of Scott Boras clients the player goes to the highest bidder so that means he probably ends up in LA, NY, or SF. The sooner the Nats move him the better because he obviously has no intention of leaving one penny on the table.
Don't doubt that at all. I am just saying what I would do.

Don't doubt that at all. I am just saying what I would do.
If it were me I would take the money and be the face of a franchise but guys don't care about things like that anymore. Yes the Nationals are down now but they did win a championship a few years ago so I would think having some loyalty to the team that signed and developed Soto would matter but clearly it doesn't.

If it were me I would take the money and be the face of a franchise but guys don't care about things like that anymore. Yes the Nationals are down now but they did win a championship a few years ago so I would think having some loyalty to the team that signed and developed Soto would matter but clearly it doesn't.

Maybe he doesn’t want to get short changed, less than 30 mil per season doesn’t put him in top 10 and in next 5-10 years guys be making 40mil a season while he stuck making 29 while winning mvp’s. Loyalty to these teams is comical, why? They developed him? Please. That nonsense, they trying to get him at a big per year discount, it not some grand gesture on their part. You buy way to much garbage these teams try selling fans. Same thing w brewers having you believe they can’t afford to pay any their guys.

Jim Bowden of The Athletic hears that the Nationals "want to offload the bad contract" of Patrick Corbin in a possible trade involving Juan Soto.

Corbin has a partial no-trade clause, but Jesse Dougherty of the Washington Post writes that it is "not expected to impede a trade if the Nationals wanted to deal him." The problem is that Corbin, 33, has struggled to a 5.87 ERA through 99 2/3 innings this year -- after posting a 5.82 ERA across 171 2/3 innings last year -- and that he is owed $24.4 million in 2023 and $35.4 million in 2024. Soto is said to be on the trade block following his rejection of a 15-year, $440 million extension offer from the Nats earlier this month.

Maybe he doesn’t want to get short changed, less than 30 mil per season doesn’t put him in top 10 and in next 5-10 years guys be making 40mil a season while he stuck making 29 while winning mvp’s. Loyalty to these teams is comical, why? They developed him? Please. That nonsense, they trying to get him at a big per year discount, it not some grand gesture on their part. You buy way to much garbage these teams try selling fans. Same thing w brewers having you believe they can’t afford to pay any their guys.
The contract will take him till he's 38 so the last 5 years or more are probably going to be an albatross for the organization. He is free to do what he wants but its clear that he wants out which is fine.

As far as the Brewers are concerned they play in the smallest market in baseball and don't have anywhere near the local revenue streams of big market teams. There is no way that the Brewers, Rays, Cleveland, and other small market teams will ever compete financially with the Yankees, Mets, and Dodgers due to the extreme disparity in local tv rights. Its easy to say these teams should spend like the big market teams but the revenue is just not there.

Jim Bowden of The Athletic hears that the Nationals "want to offload the bad contract" of Patrick Corbin in a possible trade involving Juan Soto.

Corbin has a partial no-trade clause, but Jesse Dougherty of the Washington Post writes that it is "not expected to impede a trade if the Nationals wanted to deal him." The problem is that Corbin, 33, has struggled to a 5.87 ERA through 99 2/3 innings this year -- after posting a 5.82 ERA across 171 2/3 innings last year -- and that he is owed $24.4 million in 2023 and $35.4 million in 2024. Soto is said to be on the trade block following his rejection of a 15-year, $440 million extension offer from the Nats earlier this month.
The Nats are a big market club and if they attach the Corbin contract they will have to take an inferior return on Soto which makes no sense plus Bowden just makes stuff up.

The Nats are a big market club and if they attach the Corbin contract they will have to take an inferior return on Soto which makes no sense plus Bowden just makes stuff up.
Oh, I don't have The Athletic, and no clue who he is but just saw it on the Reddit baseball forum

Bob Nightengale with USA Today says 7 teams are interested: Mariners, Padres, Giants, Dodgers, Cardinals, Yankees and Mets.

Bob Nightengale with USA Today says 7 teams are interested: Mariners, Padres, Giants, Dodgers, Cardinals, Yankees and Mets.
All are more desirable locations than DC and at least Stl is a well run org but they won't pay

Back