Husky's take on Meineke Car Care Bowl (UCONN VS WAKE)

husky17

Wreck it Ralph....
Whats up fella's.. been up and down so far this bowl season.. looking forward to this big week of games..

Anyways, i figured i'd give my insight on this upcoming game in Charlotte on Saturday between Uconn and Wake..

I started off on fire, going 8-0 ATS on my boys, then finishing the season 1-2 ATS betting on the huskies.

Anyways, i've looked at this game a lot, and am in confidence mode as I prepare my trip to Charlotte on Thursday (going to be a blast! get to see Ex-Uconners Okafor and Hilton Armstrong friday night)

I don't feel like typing an essay, so here goes:

Uconn matches up well to Wake i feel. Wake will be able to run the ball, A LITTLE, and skinner will have a decent completion percentage- but i think he turns the ball over enough where Uconn will turn them into points. I really think Uconns turnover margin defenitely shows through this game as they will defenitely get points from the D.

Our special teams matchups could be a HUGE factor in this game- PR larry taylor will have a big day, as well as ALL-Big East returned Tyvon Branch.

On Offense, I'm hearing we'll be throwing a few trick plays and new plays in (we'll only see) and I expect Lorenzen to have a solid, non-wowing game like usual. Dixon and Brown should be able to combine for a powerful 1-2 punch and will move the chains.

I'm basing this game on Uconn being able to stop Wake on Offense, whether it be through turnovers or turnover on downs, and be able to generate enough points to win SU, obviously, if im bettin on only getting 3.. I kind of expect the line to go up a little because it is in Wake's neighborhood, but i've seen the public on Uconn this game. We'll see- but I do know a ton of Uconn supporters will be at this game, including myself and my buddies, so i think the home support will be there.

taking this for a decent amount, hoping it will cover my travel expenses! haha. but good luck everyone!

boys got down there on the 23rd, having a good time and working hard during practice is the word im hearing.. gonna pound this one

got down earlier today..posting from the PDA... soo many more Husky fans down here, by an overwhelming margin...face it, this is only uconns 2nd bowl so everyone is stoked... uconn is gold

I think u are correct, and Vegas knows it. Sharp drop in the line, all the way down to 1, 1.5 from 4, 4.5.

Huskies outright.

for all my uconn backers this year, this is the most confident game I've been on... seeing and talking to the team last night really tripled my wager size...they are winning this game hands down... charlotte is fucking phenominal, 2 other buddies of mine and me hammered on 3 beautiful 40 year olds last night in our hotel (were young 20s) and are really livijng it up big... uconn and the win today baby..gl all!

for all my uconn backers this year, this is the most confident game I've been on... seeing and talking to the team last night really tripled my wager size...they are winning this game hands down... charlotte is fucking phenominal, 2 other buddies of mine and me hammered on 3 beautiful 40 year olds last night in our hotel (were young 20s) and are really livijng it up big... uconn and the win today baby..gl all!

Sounds like you have won either way..

Your boys are playing great so far Husky. Hopefully they can keep it up one more half and bring home the cash

UConn showed it's true colors today. They were a nice little team that overachieved this year, but away from Storrs they just aren't ready to seal the deal yet. Still a great season for this fast growing program.

touche, touche..no offensive firepower at all... I really hate lorenzen at QB, tho he's a better candidate than in the last few years... that tipped pick really killed us...anyway, I'm out in charlotte having a blast, 8 vodka tonics in and def glad I came down.. having a good time with the boys is what its really about anyways right? shitty game, its ok.. charlotte is full of beautiful girls and I'm shooting for an under 30 southern belle tonight, but we'll see hahaahahahaha..good season, next year will be even better for this young squad..be easy fellas

what it really comes down to is that uconn is overrated......they really never played a GOOD game all year they only won on other teams turnovers and against the weather...they sucked ass and whoever bet against them...good health, bc i didnt and im glad i didnt lose, bc i know they suck and i won bills bc they arent the team you make them out to be

UConn showed it's true colors today. They were a nice little team that overachieved this year, but away from Storrs they just aren't ready to seal the deal yet. Still a great season for this fast growing program.

I agree...They were outgained in every Big East game except one....They thrived on the turnover and special teams play and because of that, I tried beating them most weeks and lost....While I did have WF yesterday, I didnt win back all of the the dough that I lost on UCONN because I called them a fraud early on but they found ways to win and I give them credit for that....With that said, they better be able to sustain some sort of offensive production because they wont be so fortunate next yr to score off of turnovers and sp teams because teams cant bank on that for points year after yr..

Lol. you guys are a little mistaken- i mean yes they lost so take your shots, but you still manage to look foolish..

They aren't a good team because they aren't flashy? sorry they didnt win pretty games for you guys, and only good teams are flashy? haha they found ways to win and they won, won, won..

Dont you dare say they are a bad team because they didnt outgain a lot of teams, they still found the way to win mulitple times..

good teams win on offense, defense, and special teams.. Maybe you forgot!

Very nice season for Uconn. You should be proud. They gutted games out. Old-fashioned football.

Hope your trip was fun. Thanks for all the insights this year. Hope you tagged one of them Southern Belles too ;)

I think some of the piling on was a bit much here, but I wasn't saying that they weren't a good team, I thought they were a good team that played over their heads all season and did much better than they were supposed to. Some people think this is a bad thing; I do not. So many teams (Cal, Rutgers, Wisconsin, F$U, etc) came into this season with great talent and experience and just flat out choked and underachieved this season. These teams are the ones that should be laughed at, not UConn, who is not a top 25 team like they were ranked for much of the season, but certainly a team to be taken seriously.

Again, good season this year, I think we will be able to tell a lot about Edsall and this program next year when they will not longer be sneaking up on people.

Back