Husky's It's Almost December!! Uconn vs Cincy Analysis

husky17

Wreck it Ralph....
8-0 ATS betting on Husky games

It's getting to be winter time here in Storrs... it's fucking freezing already.. but instead of being physced for Uconn Basketball, Husky Nation is going crazy over our rejuvenated football team. Winter time means bowl season this year! However, our team is still being shit on, and each week, after each win, I hear the same people on this board, and on television say oh, next week they wont win. this week was a fluke. What's my response? Keep fading them! They are not only making these paid analysts look stupid, but their making naive haters on this board lose a lot of money. for those who are on the husky train, kudos!

This week is defenitely going to be a very hard test. Cincy is a good, smash mouth football team and they will have a good advantage being home. I expect a lot of people to think that Cincy is going to come right out of the gates and play well. I really don't feel that way and that plays right into Uconn's hands. Uconn's Tyler Lorenzen has really matured over the last 5 weeks, and for those who have followed or seen any recent games, you'll defenitely agree. He's a confident leader who gets it done on his feet and with his arm. I expect him to have a solid day and not make many mistakes, and let Donald Brown (really remerged last week) and Andre Dixon carry the load. Dixon carried the ball 35 times vs USF and Edsall didn't want that, as evident by last week where Brown got the majority of carries.

Expect them to switch them up early on and see whos running better, and that back will get more carries. These are two different running style running backs who are only sophomores who are really destroying defenses. I think they will do well against cincy and help Lorenzen open up the air game. I know Cincy has a good D but they kind of got exposed last week vs USF. Expect Edsall to have his gameplan ready.

Now, if you're a statsman and your looking at last weeks Uconn game, you'll see they got very much outgained. However, those stats don't tell anywhere near how the game went. Uconn basically has a bend but not break defense, which is fucking amazing in the redzone- Ito had 4 FG's. This plays very well into Uconn's favor because Cincy's FG kicker is fucking terrible and is getting a ton of critisicm- these are not pro's, its defenitely effecting his confidence. Also, Uconn's Special Team is tops in the nation and I think could be an X factor saturday- Tyvon Branch is electric (and to think, it's his first year returning)

Also, a ton of those Mike Teel yards came in the second half where Uconn played a PREVENT the whole half- they were letting him throw and were always right on the reciever to make the tackles. Thats how those stats are misleading- Also, Ray Rice had 97 yards rushing first half (50 on 1 carry) and only 20 in the second half. Uconn's D will show up and I think Mauk might get in some trouble trying to test Uconn's athletic secondary.

I think being at home give's Cincy a good edge, and i think this will be a 3 point game either way, thats why 6.5 is golden to me- however, i will probably wait to see if it goes up to 7 or above before i lock in.

I also am interested in tonight's Louisville game to see the outcome. I think WV's secondary is vastly overrated (watch that marshall game) and i think brohm will really play well tonight. Louisville does not like being disrespected and I will defenitely touch +17. If Louisville wins that will make a very tight-knit and emotional husky team play that much harder. But thats just on a long shot Loui wins.

Uconn +6.5 or 7

Louisville + 17

Last edited:
i love the uconn story. but we will see how good they are in the next couple of weeks on the road. good teams win at home and great teams win on the road. so we will see where uconn stands. gl hope uconn wins.

Yes it was.. but i was making the point that one of the worst teams in the nation made their secondary look bad.. i really think theyll look stupid tonigt

Agree 100%...

This is going to be a hard game for UConn but I really think that getting 6.5 is absurd...I'll likely split my bet evenly between the ML and the 6.5...

In terms of the spot, this is almost an academic position for betting on Cincinnati...team that hypothetically could be playing over its head versus a good team at home.

The problem is, I'm not sure this is truly that situation. I honestly think UConn is better than Cincinnati, and I'm not going to give Cinci that much credit for beating a reeling USF. I mean, Cinci wiped out a bunch of crappy teams, then beat Rutgers on the road by 4 or something. They lost to Louisville at home. IDK, I just don't see how Cinci deserves this many points...

stupid, stupid errors on Loui part.. but i hit them straight along with a tease with byu.. good way to start the weekend...

fuck! wish they coulda been huge spoiler.

:bow:<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=10 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-TOP: #e7e7e7 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e7e7e7 1px solid">
UCONN-Logo-1-Photograph-C10106601.jpeg
</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" vAlign=top background=http://artfiles.art.com/images/pub/galleries/ShadowLG_RightTiling.jpg>
ShadowLG_RightTop.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Line opens up Cincy -6 and closes -7. Either people do not believe in UCONN, or they believe in Cincy. Probably a combination of both, but more so a lack of belief in UCONN.

Their toughest game this season kicks off right now

Man, the one week I actually play UConn, they look like garbage. Defense looks shitty...offense looks shitty...just my frickin luck

I was way off on this. Sure, the first half they killed themselves with stupid plays that they shouldve moved the ball with or not turnedit over. but the offense can not do anything versus a capable defense. Mauk hasn't made any mistakes and that totally shuts out Uconn's gameplan.. I just can't believe i was so off, but they look absolutely terrible and I'm sorry to those who followed my terrible insight.

Yes, we'll be Cuse, but West VA could be a scary fucking game, though i dont think they can put the pressure that cincy is applying. but i think pat white will have a field day.

I was way off on this. Sure, the first half they killed themselves with stupid plays that they shouldve moved the ball with or not turnedit over. but the offense can not do anything versus a capable defense.

The latter part of this statement is correct. They were held by Cincy's D to only 10 first downs and 213 yds. Stupid plays or not, their offense was completely handcuffed so they did not have much of a chance from the opening kick-off to the final gun.

WVA, with a healthy Pat White, will run UCONN right off the field in Morgantown.

UCONN is now 3-2 since I posted that they are overrated.

Back