Husky's Homecoming Friday Night Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol..cuz the punt return didn't go in ur favor? quit being bias on ur team.. my huskies had nothing to do with the call.. it was a TD get over it

Dont tell me that you are actually going to contend that TD was legit? You really think the refs didnt fuck that up?

I don't need to contend anything.. what was called was called. it had nothing to do with my team so please don't call them cheats becuase your mad you lost. thanl you.

48156.jpg

5-0 ATS on Huskies

.. but HUSKIES WIN

Great pick dude. I know you're a bit of a homer but you do know your team very well.........

UCONN is better than I thought they were. Could have easily won last week to be undefeated right now.

Congrats on your great ATS run betting on them, and congrats on your team playing very well after a few down years. It must be fun..........

thanks grid.. I appreciate ur support. its great to finally have a good football program. I'm very disapointed were not 7-0 but we responded very well tonight. I really feel I'm not bias (i took temple + 30) but I've really loved the position we've been in the last 4 games. usf will be a great home game next sat.

congrats husky.

on that punt return I can only think the refs thought he was steadying himself with that hand wave. but daaaamn. I sure thought he called a fair catch...

course, in the red zone on that failed 4th down....the RB got the yardage on 3rd down and got moosefucked on the spot.

uconn left a lot of points on the field....

enjoy our seson, bro.

bro tried calling you at the half. got a couple rings but then i think it just totally dropped. i have no idea if it even would have registered on your phone. i think i had about 5 people i tried meeting up with and found oh, say, none of them. oh well.

the game was nuts in the last half. my parents section apparently some big fight broke out and a few ladies sitting nearby got accidentally maced in the process. in the student section (i was 4th row or so, i cant stand sitting where people dont go crazy), saw a couple kids get popped right in the mouth.

was that call bad? yea, of course it was, but louisville overcame it and was up 10 in the fourth quarter. uconn made plays when it counted.

can't wait for South Florida...hopefully I go...got a huge damn test that Monday. But I'll prob be there...

No offense to you husky, you are a nice enough guy, but your team is a bunch of fucking cheats.

Kinda harsh to call them a bunch of cheaters- yeah it was definitely a horrible call, but take your anger out on the refs, not the kids on the field.

Louisville had a 10 point lead with 11 mins left, and couldn't hold it - that's why they lost. As Seabass said, UConn made the plays when it counted, and Louisville didn't. The better team won, end of story.

GO HUSKIES!!!'an_horse'

Kinda harsh to call them a bunch of cheaters- yeah it was definitely a horrible call, but take your anger out on the refs, not the kids on the field.

Louisville had a 10 point lead with 11 mins left, and couldn't hold it - that's why they lost. As Seabass said, UConn made the plays when it counted, and Louisville didn't. The better team won, end of story.

GO HUSKIES!!!'an_horse'

I will take my anger out on that damned punt returner, because he is a cheater, and he knows he got away with a big one. Did you see him on the sidelines afterwards bragging to all of his friends about what he had done? We do the right thing by not taking his fucking head off when he calls for the fair catch, then he goes and pulls that shit.

You know what. Its a damned good thing for Larry Taylor that he is a senior, because otherwise, when UCONN has to come to Louisville next season, everyone in that stadium would be pulling for him to get his damn head taken off on his first punt return.

And I might sound like a bit of a homer here, but I am not convinced the best team won that game. Regardless of the fact that we blew a 10 point lead, who is to say that it wouldnt have been a 17 point lead if it werent for the horrible call on that punt return? Who is to say that it wouldnt have changed to whole complexion of the game?

The sad thing is, we will never know, and its because the refs sucked ass the whole game, and your punt returner flat out cheated. Its in the rule book that what he did was illegal, and there is no arguing that point. That was a great game to that point, and I sure as hell would have liked to seen what happened the rest of the way had it not been tainted like it was.

Those refs should never be allowed to call another Big East game, period. They botched that call, botched a call against you guys on the other punt return, and made a VERY QUESTIONABLE holding call against us on that 80 yard kick return following the blown "fair catch" play. I replayed it over and over on DVR, and I still cant see a hold. Not to mention that they called at least 3-4 holds on running plays up the middle, against both teams, which are hardly ever called anymore. I sure cant remember the last time I saw that many in a game. Not to mention at least 5-6 absolutely horrible spots during the game, and I am talking for both teams. The refs performance took a hell of a lot away from what was shaping up to be a great game.

That being said, I will give your Defense its due. They are every bit as good as their numbers suggested coming into that game. Weak ass schedule or not, they did a fantastic job tonight, and proved that they are a solid unit.

I do appologize for calling your team "A Bunch of Cheaters" The rest of your team is not to blame for one fucking idiot. They played hard, and I was a bit pissed off when I said that. As for Mr. Taylor however, I stand by what I said about him. He is still a cheater, he absolutely knew what he was doing, and knew it was wrong, and if I were a UCONN fan, I would be ashamed to have that guy on my team.

If the roles were reversed, and that was a Louisville player that pulled that shit, I cant promise you that I wouldnt be coming to his defense. I would be ashamed of him, and would even go as far as to say a suspension might not be too harsh of a penalty.

Sure, I want my team to win, but I want them to win the right way.

Once again, appologize for getting so out of sorts earlier, but I cant remember the last time I was this pissed off over a game. Probably 2004, when Kerry Rhodes dropped the game winning interception against Miami, only to have Devin Hester rip my heart out...............

as far as I was concerned, the refs blew a big one for each team...

husky,

donald brown didn't look so hot tonight, looks like they should go primarily with Dixon from now on...

I agree Pags. though, I dont know what the hell they were thinking with the play call on 4th down with a toss play. Put that up the middle, it was less than a yard, its an easy QB keeper or hand off

10 point lead with 11 mintues to go... regarless of what happened earlier in the game, you have to hold 10 pts with 11 minutes, and you didnt.

END OF STORY

First , grats to uconn backers and fans last night.

second, uconn fumbled in the red zone and was stopped on downs in the red zone and although i had money on louisville , i would not make that bet again. i never saw the ball clearly hit the lousiville player on that other punt play but it may have. louisville had a fumble return for td which is also flukey.

thirdly , about the punt play. did you hear the announcer say that the lousiville kids should have kept playing until they heard a whistle ?!?! So they should take a 15 yard penalty everytime someone calls a fair catch i guess. But the amazing play was the questionable holding call on the ensuing kickoff that was returned to the eight yardline. Now that referee should be a hero to all refs ... he has balls the size of some small moons.

You know what. Its a damned good thing for Larry Taylor that he is a senior, because otherwise, when UCONN has to come to Louisville next season, everyone in that stadium would be pulling for him to get his damn head taken off on his first punt return.

Oh, I think it might happen to whoever is the punt returner for UCONN next year. Louisville will remember this one, and I think it would behoove us all to remember it for next year's bets.

as an aside, I want to thank you guys for keeping cool when this discussion could have turned into a massive blowup. Even when being upset about a game is totally understandable, you fellas kept it pretty darned civil.

This is why this site is the premier handicapping site in the universe. It's our posters who make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back