Husky's Homecoming Friday Night Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

husky17

Wreck it Ralph....
5-0 ATS on Huskies

Yessir, its Homecoming in Storrs, Ct... wait... homecoming? This is the first year homeocming has actually mattered and EVERYONE, and i mean everyone is excited for it. We are 5-1, and should be 6-0 and everyone around campus still bleieves. ESPECIALLY the players. I talked to a few lineman last night and they want to absolutely kill LOUI.

For the first real time in our history, we have a legit big east team, and we can finally realistically say this is a Revenge game.

We are Pissed.

Were pissed about last week, and pissed about last year. Uconn is a legit team and are not going to cry about last weeks loss. They are also a good enough team where They are going to use their gameplan to beat up on the ville. I understand Brohm is a good QB and they have good recievers. But uconn has a great secondary and their line is going to force brohm to commit bad turnovers. They have been making defensive plays all YEAR.

Also, this is a totally different offense from last year. They didn't play well last week, but they will bounce back against a terrible loui defense. Donald Brown had a career day last year against them, and he is playing this week. He along with dixon are going to make plays, and Lorenzen is going to show his leadership this week after taking responsibility for last weeks loss. He is a class guy and a good QB.

That being said, Tommorrow is going to be 70,000 drunk fans who really bleieve in this uconn team for the first time in its D-1 History. We feel like we are a top 25 team and they have the chance to show the Nation tomorrow night. and they will

I'll wait till tomm when the line goes up to prolly 4 or 4.5.. but HUSKIES WIN

Wow. Strong endorsement.
I happen to like your side.
GL to your Huskies. And I can call them 'mine' in this game too.

70,000 fans, muchless drunk ones? How big is your stadium??

I agree with your play, the UCONN D is very strong. BOL Friday night!

our stadium is less than 5 years old! it's in East Hartford, not on campus.. but it's close and very easy to get to.

our stadium is less than 5 years old! it's in East Hartford, not on campus.. but it's close and very easy to get to.

Coming from an actual uconn grad i would like to say we had a legit team with orlovsky and fincher and won the motor city bowl..this was only a couple years after coming from D-1 AA...goodluck husky

I politely disagree with your analysis. You cant call yourself legit at 5-1 with a schedule of Duke, Maine, Temple, Pitt, Akron, and Virginia.

Wake me up when you beat someone worth mentioning, then we can talk about whether or not you are a legit Big East team. I still think you are going to finish 6-6, or 7-5 at best.

Not trying to hate on your team or anything, and I certainly respect that you are backing your program, but you are going to have to do more than go 5-1 against those panzy ass programs to consider yourself a contender. A win this week over a Louisville team in a down year would certainly help your argument, but realistically, you need to beat either South Florida, West Virginia, or Rutgers this season to consider yourself legit, and I just dont see that happening.

Good Luck all the same, but much like my undefeated streak of Louisville totals ended last week, I believe your undefeated streak of UCONN ATS's will come to an end this weekend.

Okay.

So then, what would that say about your team if you were to lose at home to a team that lost to Syracuse and Utah? Probably not that you are a legit contender in the Big East.

Just curious.........

I hope like hell that I'm wrong and lose $50 Friday Night (hey, bet with the head, root from the heart), but I'm on the other side in this one. Louisville still has a shot at the Big East crown and showed that they haven't quit on the season by beating Cincinatti.

Honestly, Husky, at midnight Friday if you walk out and UConn has more points on the scoreboard, you aren't going to be surprised? I mean, not even a little?

I will agree with you on one thing, though..it BETTER be loud. Knowing that we live in CT, I am guessing that if it rains half the fans won't show up. I don't actually have tickets for the game, but I'm sure I'll have no trouble getting them.

And FYI: I think the Rent only holds 40k. Its also not sold out yet. ESPN game tho...

Okay.

So then, what would that say about your team if you were to lose at home to a team that lost to Syracuse and Utah? Probably not that you are a legit contender in the Big East.

Just curious.........

LVILLE almost lost to middle tenn st..enough said...lville has been the biggest dissapointment in Big East this year

I will be thoroughly dissapointed if we dont have more points on the scoreboard.

And what would I say if they lost? depending on the score, I'd probably hang my head. Do realize, I responded like that because you dogged on huskies saying who have they beaten? I countered by saying, well, who has LVille beat? a nd they've lost to two bad teams.

Rentschler holds like 45k.. i was exaggerating with 70.. but I know a ton of people and everybody is prepared for what might happen with rain. and i really dont think it will be a factor of attendance.

Louisville beat Cincy, and lost to a really good Kentucky team by less than a TD on the road. Sure, we have two horrible losses to teams that we should have smoked, but at the same time, Cincinnati and Kentucky are by far the best two teams that either of our squads have faced, and we won one, and barely lost the other. Much more than your team has done thus far.

I am not dogging the huskies, I am just saying that you cant call yourself a contender until you actually beat someone. Thats not me being a dick, thats me being realistic.

I will be thoroughly dissapointed if we dont have more points on the scoreboard.

And what would I say if they lost? depending on the score, I'd probably hang my head. Do realize, I responded like that because you dogged on huskies saying who have they beaten? I countered by saying, well, who has LVille beat? a nd they've lost to two bad teams.

Rentschler holds like 45k.. i was exaggerating with 70.. but I know a ton of people and everybody is prepared for what might happen with rain. and i really dont think it will be a factor of attendance.

C'mon man...our pussy ass fans leave close games late in the 3rd quarter to "beat traffic".

Of course it will be a factor.

That being said, the students are going to be tanked, as will everyone there who is under 30...and we're the ones who make noise, anyway.

If I get stuck in traffic because of that Cabellas garbage, I'm gonna be pissed...

Yeah i heard cabella's is going to be nuts, but fuck that. Everyone on campus is stoked for tommorrow..

by the way, ill PM u my #, hit me up tommorrow. We'll drink a bit.

C'mon man...our pussy ass fans leave close games late in the 3rd quarter to "beat traffic".

Of course it will be a factor.

That being said, the students are going to be tanked, as will everyone there who is under 30...and we're the ones who make noise, anyway.

If I get stuck in traffic because of that Cabellas garbage, I'm gonna be pissed...

this game will be different..i see it being a close game with the beer vendors staying open past halftime..ill be there..ill see if i can fit CTG on my buttcheeks as i streak across the field and get tackled

Listen Husky,

Im in no way trying to disrespect you, or get under your skin, or anything of the sort. Your team might very well by the end of the year be a legit contender.

All I am saying is that right now, at this very moment, you havent beaten anyone, and therefore you cant call yourself a legit contender with no track record of being a contender, no real solid previous years accomplishments, and not a single mentionable victory on your teams resume.

I understand that you are excited because your team is 5-1, and you are not use to being there. Hell, it wasnt that long ago in Louisville that Ron Cooper was head coach, and we were absolutely terrible.

Then one day Tom Jurich showed up, we got a few good head coaches, and became decent to above average, much like your current UCONN team. But it wasnt until we got a few big wins under our belt, such as Florida State, Miami, and West Virginia that we had truly arrived, and were able to say that we were legit contenders.

Take it one step at a time. I certainly do recognize that your program is much better now than it was a few years ago, and you are on the right path. But please, wait until you actually start beating teams that matter to say that you have arrived.

Once again, meant no disrespect to you or your team, I am just a believer that you have to accomplish something before you start taking credit.

I understand. I was just throwing heat back. It's not really the record im stoked about; its the play. We have a top 4 defense, a great running back corp, and finally a solid defense. AND WERE YOUNG. This team is very solid and I say there legit based on their talent and their big game potential that they've been missing from Dan-O days.

I love how underrated this team still is, and I really wish we pulled that VA game out, but it was a young team away. But were going to rebound and these guys are ready to play.

No disrespect taken. Were two homers backing up our teams.

I truly mean it when I say I am happy for you guys, that you finally have a winner to cheer for.

I wasnt joking when I say I still remember the Ron Cooper days and how depressing it was to be a Louisville fan.

Believe me, of course I hope you guys lose this weekend, but would be very happy for you if you were able to put up a few marquee wins down the stretch.

Enjoy the game this weekend.

Bass, your really underestimating the Uconn faithful though.. tommorrow is going to be great.

We'll see man, I've just never seen it be wild in person. Granted, the best home game thus far was Akron which is not real exciting. We'll see since its ESPN.

I got your PM, I'll give you a call tmw :cheers:

Akron was a good time.. but very early.. I drank my first beer at 7am.. lot of people can't do that, or refuse to attempt to wake up..

Pitt last year was a good time, but like I said, we havent really had much to cheer on. and this year is different.

Huskies will come out strong 1st half ....2nd louisville will take control of the game.....

Huskies is a good team no doubt ....but it's kind of hard to bet against Lou. given the history between these 2.

3-0 Louisville ...you have to trust the line...sometime .... well, let put it this way if HUSKIES WIN THE NEXT 3 OK >>>>>I will no doubt think they are a contender.

All I am saying is that right now, at this very moment, you havent beaten anyone, and therefore you cant call yourself a legit contender with no track record of being a contender, no real solid previous years accomplishments, and not a single mentionable victory on your teams resume.

first time for everything :shake:

the history of a team with No QB, No playmakers..? thats what its between with those previous matchups.. That has changed, and the line has never been this close before. Keep dreading on the past, and your money will escape your wallet without you realizing.

My problems with UCONN...

Which team that UConn has beat actually has a good offense? None of the wins this yr are anything that make you say wow, they should of beaten all of those teams and they should of lost to Temple if not for a bad call. The defensive numbers are impressive but again, what offense have they faced that is remotely good?

UConn in my mind is a team who is going to have to take my money before I give them their due.

Yes L-Ville lost to UK, Cuse, and Utah but I would take 2 of those 3 teams over Uconn. Cuse caught L-Ville in the perfect spot and 110 of 117 teams prob would of beat them on that day, they simply did not care.

The bottom line for me is that I don't think UConn is going to shut Ville down and they can't go point for point with them, despite how bad L-Ville has played on defense at times this yr.

With USF going down and L-Ville having 1 conference loss, their season is not over and very much alive right now.

Good health on this pick

A good 1-AA team would be 5-1 with the schedue you guys have played.What would your record in the SEC be right now ? Get Real.

It does with the comment that U Conn. should be a top 25 team. ..U Conn. may win this game but have proved nothing at this point.Not that Alabama (yes I follow the tide) with a 5-2 record has either.I am on Louie but the weather does worry me.

I have followed Uconn since the Orlovsky days, and they were a servicable Big East team then, without a doubt. Actually if their is a team out there that I have no affiliation with that I want to be successful, its Uconn. Why? I have no idea. I think its actually because I had a hell of a fun time playing with Uconn in my PS2 dynasty years ago when Orlovsky was there, but who knows.

With that said, I want Uconn to win tonight, but I dont think they have a good chance. And if they cost me $70 then so be it because this is my biggest play of the week and Lousville actually showed life last week. Uconn lost to Temple and UVA, and beat Duke, Maine, Pitt, and Akron. C'mon, I want Uconn to win every game they play, but you cant honestly sit there and say they are a legit team with the #4 defense after virtually going 4-2 against teams that have functional retards playing on the offensive side of the ball. I know your hyped and everything, but be realistic. Beat Lousiville, then get a little respect. Follow that with atleast one more win against Rutgers, WVU, Cinci, or USF... you can have all the respect you want. You are 1-0 in the Big East with a win over Pitt. There are 15-20 DII schools that could beat pitt this year. That does not make you a legit Big East team. You may very well be one by years end, as someone mentioned earlier, but you are far from it right now.

BOL tonight :cheers: I will be happy regardless of the outcome

I don't feel I need to argue anymore. I stated my point to give others some insight...i respect all ur comments..cept bout the SEC- that shits not needed, don't even post. but we will see what happens tonight. its pouring here so were going to make the best of it, buy a slip n slide, have a hell of a time and watch our boys win.gl everyone. uconn wins

this game will be different..i see it being a close game with the beer vendors staying open past halftime..ill be there..ill see if i can fit CTG on my buttcheeks as i streak across the field and get tackled

as long as you bring the chyk in your avatar with you, that's fine.

:)

Its stopped raining.. I'll keep posting weather conditions when im there, but it should be clear the rest of the day.. I hope

The rain is not done for the N Mid Atlantic tonight yet. You will get another
.25in before you dry out Sat.

Make that 6-0 on the Huskies this year.

Great call, Husky. Way to stick to your guns on this one to get the win.

I was honestly sick to my stomach watching us fumble in the red zone, and failing on 4th down in the red zone! but our D came through, and andre dixon is great... loui backers can hate all they want, but uconn deserved this win.... ill take that 6-0 ats baby!!!!

No offense to you husky, you are a nice enough guy, but your team is a bunch of fucking cheats.

48156.jpg

lol..cuz the punt return didn't go in ur favor? quit being bias on ur team.. my huskies had nothing to do with the call.. it was a TD get over it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back