How to dig your own grave..

A

abcs

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=127368

When we beat this team, we can show the world that we are a great team and we restored the order," Jones said Tuesday.

This is where i insert a coffin graphic..
rip.gif
15_6_25.gif

Why in the world would you make a stupid guarantee...:hairout:

Last edited by a moderator:
fucking clown?

andre jones was the 4th ranked top juco last year
he is 6 ft. 205 lbs sub 4.4 speed in the 40.

I don't know about everyone else on here, but I love Andre's comments. He didn't degrade USC, he just said that he believes NU will win. He said he knows it won't be easy, and I think that shows that he respects USC. Hell, he almost went there. He is a confident kid, and I would rather have someone like that on the team than someone who says, "I hope we can win.."

View attachment 386

How about not saying anything at all? I promise you he cant cover Jarret, Smith or Turner. His only chance of stopping those 3 is if Pete decides he wants to run the ball. My guess is though pete will go right after this clown.

abcs--thelegend said:
How about not saying anything at all? I promise you he cant cover Jarret, Smith or Turner. His only chance of stopping those 3 is if Pete decides he wants to run the ball. My guess is though pete will go right after this clown.

Exactly ABCS.... I'm an NU fan thru and thru but am under no illusions that this wont most likely be a total undressing on national television for NU. I would love to show up here on Sunday morning and talk about how wrong I was but sadly, I dont think that's how it will play out.

we'll see....

I know usc is top notch talent, but they're inexperienced. they've already lost a starting dt and a safety. this will not be a gimme for the trojans.
maybe I'm biased and drink too much kool-aid but I can see a chance for my beloved team. maybe next year in lincoln.

huskermexico said:
I know usc is top notch talent, but they're inexperienced. they've already lost a starting dt and a safety. this will not be a gimme for the trojans.
maybe I'm biased and drink too much kool-aid but I can see a chance for my beloved team. maybe next year in lincoln.

huskermexico, does Nebraska have any starters out with injuries??

huskermexico said:

Just curious what makes you think that? Is it the win over Nichols st? Or La Tech? Who has Callahan beaten while at Nebraska that should impress us? A

Im pretty sure USC has a 27 game home win streak with an average margin of victory of near 30 points in that span. They are also coming off a bye week and i think Caroll is 6 - 1 ATS Last 7 when havin a week to gameplan the one loss was to Texas.

Either way Good luck..Im hopin for a good game.. will be fun to watch :wacka wacka:

they lost..

zachary bowman a cb stud before the season began. kurt mann (center) is questionable leaning towards doubtful to play because of mono.

abcs..

did you saw the alamo bowl last year??
If I remember well. EVERYONE said Michigan would blast nebraska by at least 24 pts. the line was at -18.
what happened?
this is the third year under callahan regime. consecutive top 10 classes the last two years.
this is why I think nebraska have a chance to beat USC.
that's why the games are played!!!!

huskermexico said:
did you saw the alamo bowl last year??
If I remember well. EVERYONE said Michigan would blast nebraska by at least 24 pts. the line was at -18.

That Michigan team was pretty good.. I mean they only had 4 losses going into the alamo bowl ;) Either way I hope its a good game. I just have seen this same situation so many times and USC just wins by 30+.

Ah dangit... read the thread title, googled "digging graves" and was going to post the best way to go about it for you ABCS.

that's why...

Why the optimism you ask

1. Carricker. He skipped the NFL draft and came back looking like Hercules. He's ripped and he's fast. We will not see the same player on the field Saturday night that we saw last season in the games you mentioned.

2. Moore - he's playing even better than Carricker. Some people explode into their senior year - and Moore is one who's going to be a 1st or 2nd rounder.

3. Depth - we now have it at DL and LB. Our LB's were shredded with injuries last season. Not only are they all back, but we have young studs from BC's great recruiting classes coming up. Some of our reserves on the DL and LB would start on 95-99% of the teams in the nation. That wasn't the case last season - we were lucky to have 3-4 healthy LB's for a game.

4. Experience - we have more of it this season. Last year we had youth and we were in the 2nd year of a new staff and new schemes. This team now has confidence - and knows their assignments.

5. Leadership - Guys like McKeon embrace the role of leading this defense. This wasn't the case last season when we still had growing pains of a new staff - and young players. These guys are now stepping up and leading....and instilling confidence like we haven't seen this decade.

6. Talent - ESPN stated Nebraska has 4 NFL first-rounders on it's defense. That wasn't the case last season. They have grown and matured and I believe are ready for primetime.

Will these things translate to victory? Who knows. But we know this Husker team cannot be compared to last year's. It would be like looking at last year's USC offense and trying to compare that to this year's team.

I dont think USC's offense is as Explosive as last years.. But talent wise i think this has more and they are deeper Just my honest opinion. You wont see the 50 yard td's as much but you will see a lot more converted first downs and more balance.

abcs--thelegend said:
I dont think USC's offense is as Explosive as last years.. But talent wise i think this has more and they are deeper Just my honest opinion. You wont see the 50 yard td's as much but you will see a lot more converted first downs and more balance.

heh, yeah. last year they didn't need to get first downs.

fucking clown? andre jones was the 4th ranked top juco last year
he is 6 ft. 205 lbs sub 4.4 speed in the 40.

Larry Grant was the top Juco LB ....if he called out Texas last week, would your opinion be different??

This guy is acting like a clown for sure...this is ridiculous...IMO

By the way the biggest game this guy has ever played in was vs La Tech. Im pretty sure they didnt have any Jarrets or Fred Davis's on their team

just want to be sure that he's not a "fucking clown" as mentioned!! how many of us have a single scholarship offer to play football on division-1??? I understand for a fucking clown someone like maurice clarett!!!
give me a break.
geezz.

thread,

Yes we can all agree he misspoke, but as we all know emtions always run high in young players with no experience when their about to play the biggest game of their college career. There is trash talk every week that goes unreported or blown wide open depending on school / opposing team / media's agenda.

EVERY school has somone run their mouth at some point in the year, USC / ATM / TEXAS / and in this case NEB are no exceptions. When the bomar story broke all I heard for the next 3 weeks was OU jokes and slander against their program from my school's fans (texas), then the Brown story broke.

This is the pot calling the kettle black all over again. It's good to see Neb with some confidence finally even if it is too soon to justify.

--D^t

Dominia said:
thread,

Yes we can all agree he misspoke, but as we all know emtions always run high in young players with no experience when their about to play the biggest game of their college career. There is trash talk every week that goes unreported or blown wide open depending on school / opposing team / media's agenda.

EVERY school has somone run their mouth at some point in the year, USC / ATM / TEXAS / and in this case NEB are no exceptions. When the bomar story broke all I heard for the next 3 weeks was OU jokes and slander against their program form my school's fans (texas), then the Brown story broke.

The is the pot calling the kettle black all over again. It's good to see Neb with some confidence finally even if it is too soon to justify.

--D^t

beer.gif

Back