How Bad Is Mark Sanchez?

sometimes you can't just look at stats though. Guys like Peyton, Eli, even Luck this year, put up crazy high int numbers early in their career for various reasons. I will say that I thought Eli sucked and was always going to suck, but the other two you could just tell via the eye test that the picks are going to go away and they were going to be studs.

Just watching Sanchez, the lack of zip on his throws, the poor decision making...hes just bad. Hes an NFL backup at best.

Don't feel too bad for the guy though, hes been inside Kate Upton.

I say it all the time with NFL QBs and nothing I've seen in the last decade-plus of watching football has changed my mind. You have to be able to coach QBs in the NFL or your franchise is in a world of hurt.

The ONLY exceptions to that are going to be extremely rare. Manning seemed like he was ready to walk out of Tenny and start running an NFL offense, but pretty much everybody else has a learning curve. For Sucky you knew that curve was going to be steep from the moment he was drafted.

QBs in the NFL need to steadily develop and as much as that's on them, it's on the organization too. Go back to Baltimore where Ryan left and it's hard to say Flacco hasn't plateaued. He's stuck, the league caught up to him, and now there are weeks where he looks like he's one of the worst out there.

When was the last time the Jets showed they knew how to develop a QB? I mean, I don't even really like Sucky, but he doesn't look like he's getting much help from that organization at all.

Joe, I agree with you 100% that coaching and having a decent program around you are almost as important as talent in developing a qb. There are some guys who are busts because they are just assholes who werent willing to do that it takes to succeed at teh NFL level. Ryan Leaf comes to mind there.

Then there are guys like David Carr, who I still believe could have been a very good NFL qb, who comes into the league to a team that is expansion and has an XFL caliber o-line. Of course he never developed, he spent more time on his back over the course of his first few seasons than he did on his feet.

On the other hand you have a guy like Tom Brady, and don't get me wrong I'm not insulting Brady at all, hes an all time great, but he lucked into an opportunity in an absolutely perfect program. Brady could have very easily been picked up to be the backup on some crappy team and never goten a chance to start at the NFL level. But not only did he get that chance with Bledsoe's injury, but he was able to take advantage of it because the organization knew how to set him up to succeed.

Makes you wonder what guys could have been different, for better or worse. If Aaron Rodgers didnt fall all the way to the late 1st round, and instead the Niners took him 1 overall and he had to start right away and deal with 6 different o-coordinators, he could have been a major scrub. So many other possible scenarios like that as well.

Yep. I agree with you on Brady completely.

Granted, he's so good that he may end up as a backup somewhere else and still get his shot. QBs go down, it happens. But he put in a ton of work and was given a ton of work early on in his career and it paid off.

Sometimes the opportunity isn't there—and at other positions I think it's more difficult. You're not getting as much individual coaching, you're really expected to be very plug-and-play from day one. But QBs do get that attention and if your organization isn't doing it right, it shows up in your record every year.

I need look no further than the Cleveland Browns to illustrate that point. They haven't been able to coach a QB since their return in '99. They can't do it. So if they miss on a guy right out of school who can't do it on his own, they have to rerack and hit the reset button every two or so years. It's miserable.

mcelroy to start next week.

I heard this today and almost had to pull over. I mean what the holy hell. Were I Tebow I'd go to management after the season and say, 'I played this thing out, I didn't complain in the press, now you need to go fuck yourselves and trade me tomorrow.'

Which would be awesome because then he'd get to swear.

But beyond that, I agree with the above. This whole season has been a total implosion of what they were trying to build. And the weird thing is, part of the solution to their problem is sitting on their bench. Had Suckchize played well, fine. But that he didn't, just give the damn ball to Tebow and see what happens.

You lost Revis for the season. Nobody expects anything out of you any more this year. If you're not going to play Tebow he's completely wasting a roster spot and, as I said, were I Timmah, I'd force my way out.

Because VK hits it, at this point people are starting to say he's not even an NFL QB any more. But he's won games as a starter, on a not very talented team.

You're telling me Tebow under center doesn't have more value than what Arizona is trotting out there? He has more value than Greg McElroy and can't get the start on his own team.

There are maybe half a dozen teams Tebow could start for tomorrow. If you're truly going to go to McElroy, do the right thing, get some value for him and let him move on.

Oh, and as for the half dozen teams, two of them are in the AFC West. Is Tebow better than Palmer or Cassell, not really, but he's younger with far more upside to his career than either of them. I'd start him in either spot tomorrow. Hell, as a Browns fan I want to see where this Weeden thing goes, but given that Richardson looks like the real deal, I might even take Tebow in Cleveland, Tebow's younger than Weeden with more experience.

That said, Weeden has a much better arm. It's not even close.

jets will be fine with mcelroy :bomb:

mcelroy to start next week.

I heard this today and almost had to pull over. I mean what the holy hell. Were I Tebow I'd go to management after the season and say, 'I played this thing out, I didn't complain in the press, now you need to go fuck yourselves and trade me tomorrow.'

Which would be awesome because then he'd get to swear.

But beyond that, I agree with the above. This whole season has been a total implosion of what they were trying to build. And the weird thing is, part of the solution to their problem is sitting on their bench. Had Suckchize played well, fine. But that he didn't, just give the damn ball to Tebow and see what happens.

You lost Revis for the season. Nobody expects anything out of you any more this year. If you're not going to play Tebow he's completely wasting a roster spot and, as I said, were I Timmah, I'd force my way out.

Because VK hits it, at this point people are starting to say he's not even an NFL QB any more. But he's won games as a starter, on a not very talented team.

You're telling me Tebow under center doesn't have more value than what Arizona is trotting out there? He has more value than Greg McElroy and can't get the start on his own team.

There are maybe half a dozen teams Tebow could start for tomorrow. If you're truly going to go to McElroy, do the right thing, get some value for him and let him move on.

Oh, and as for the half dozen teams, two of them are in the AFC West. Is Tebow better than Palmer or Cassell, not really, but he's younger with far more upside to his career than either of them. I'd start him in either spot tomorrow. Hell, as a Browns fan I want to see where this Weeden thing goes, but given that Richardson looks like the real deal, I might even take Tebow in Cleveland, Tebow's younger than Weeden with more experience.

That said, Weeden has a much better arm. It's not even close.

Agree with you 100% Joe. I just hope the Jets don't win another single game as long as that apeshit of a coach is there. Take him and his brother out of the NFL as far as I'm concerned. Well, tru might have something to say about that but I don't think Rob Ryan has done that great a job for Dallas either. Both are garbage as far as I'm concerned.

My buddy is a video asst for the Pats and says the amt of videos and game film they have is obscene ( and no its not from spygate...lol)

Brady is a beast when it comes to preparation and game film watching...the amount of time we spends at home and in office pouring over every small detail is incredible.

QB's succeed in this league because they do the little things to be better and get better (Brady, Manning's etc) As was stated....the Russell's and Leaf's of the world don't do shit and think talent alone gets them thru it and like what the postion brings (money fame) but dont do the work, fail and drop out just as fast.

Sanchez is in a diff category..he has some raw talent but he doesn't have the head for it...cant read defenses or know what play to make to help us team progress. His first mistake was coming out early, he was not ready at all and Carroll even said as much....the second mistake was the Jets thinkin he is a franchise QB...wrong. He was unlucky in that he was paired with a dope of a coach Ryan who had no idea how to teach, motivate or prepare him for life in the spotlight of NY and the NFL.
He is a serviceable QB at best on the right team with the right coaching...can have a decent career but by no means a star. He needs to stay off page six...stop bangin young hoodsies, desperate housewives and Meadow Sopranos and focus on his craft.

I think he is..

What would lead you to believe that BEFORE this year happened?

You're saying that in your mind, Sanchez was as bad as he's looked this year all along? You thought he was this bad when he was winning road playoff games and putting up #s comparable to Eli?

Sure did.. you can archive my posts on other forums. Always said he was no good.

His numbers in those playoff games were avg. Didn't even pass for 200yds, defense won those game. He was a game manager who didn't make mistakes.. If he is asked to actually do something he stinks. He's never been good..

564854_10151907243547565_41796380_n.jpg

Tebow is gone, so I know why they arent starting him

If I had to have a guy start to save my job I play Tebow.....over Mcelroy

archive my McElroy Shut The Fuck Up You Sit On The Bench Post

Please? win or lose

edit%^^^^^^^after sit on the bench u fuckin pussy

Another fumble by Sanchez.. Rex Ryan will never learn. Stubborn idiot.

Back