Horn's Bowl Season

Houston +6.5 ($300)

Surprisingly Houston can win it 11th game of the season if it can pull off the upset vs the Gamecocks. UH has lost 3 games this season but none have been more then by 4 points. I know on paper this game looks like your classic SEC will dominate CUSA game but this UH team can score points in a huryy led by a QB that will be playing on Sundays in Kolb who has 27 TDs to only 3 picks. I think this game will be close so I’ll take the points.

Navy +6.5 ($300)

BC loses coach Tom O’brien in this always seems to be huge in bowl games. The interim coach not only is dealing with taking over the team he must prepare for Navy’s triple option attack plus BC is playing in a bowl game they probably thought they could’ve done better in.

Virginia Tech –2.5 ($500)

The SEC is the best league top to bottom but it still gets way to much credit IMO. They are only 6-6 SU the last two years in bowl games and VT is clearly the better team here. VT has the best defense in the country and has won its last 6 games in a row only giving up 29 points total in those games. They get to face a Georgia squad that has had trouble moving the ball all year ranked 87th in total yards and a frosh QB that still doesn’t know how to read coverages (6 TDs to 12 INTS).

Nevada +3.5 ($300)

Does Miami really wanting to be playing a bowl game in Idaho where the weather will be extremely cold for the boys from South Beach? Coker & Shannon has probably spent more time making sure the exodus of recruits because of all the changes didn’t destroy their current recruiting class then preping for Nevada. With the attitude of this squad will they even show up for this game for Coker or be looking toward next year with Shannon at the helm and a fresh start? QB Kirby Freeman is starting for the injured Kyle Wright and he has some wheels but is very erratic with the ball throwing 3 picks vs BC in the finale.

Tennessee –4 ($400)

Not very impressed with Penn St. and they still haven’t beaten anyone worth a shit. They have nice defensive numbers but most of that was still against the bottom dwellers of the Big 10. UT has to much firepower on offense and I think they put up the same type of passing performance that ND did.

Auburn –1.5 ($300)

Hopefully the month off has helped with some of the nagging injuries Auburn had including those to Irons and Cox. Cox has struggled but the Nebraska secondary has been its weakness and hopefully they watch the game film of Paul Thompson picking them apart for almost 300 yards in the Big 12 title game. Should be close one.

Arkansas –2 ($500)

Whisky only played one ranked opponent all year in their loss to Michigan and like PSU I’m not as impressed with their defensive numbers because outside of Michigan and Ohio St. I don’t think the Big 10 has great offenses. Jones and Mcfadden boast the best one-two rushing attack in the country and I think they get the job done here vs the Badgers.

West Virginia –10.5 ($500)

Liked this game before Ball was out and love it even more now despite how shitty Ball is. GT ended the year with the loss to Georgia and blew the game vs Wake Forest sending them out of a BCS title game. They just don’t have enough on offense to keep up with Slaton & White and I think WVU blows them out here.

Michigan +2 ($500)

Is their a more pissed off team going into the bowl games then this Michigan squad? UCLA won the game because of the pressure it was able to get especially off its ends and Michigan will do the same since they boast the best DL in the country. The best 3 pass rush teams USC has faced (Oregon St., WSU, and UCLA) they only came a way with one close victory and two losses. In other words Booty can’t cut it when you get in his face.

OU –7 ($500)

Remember the Boise/Georgia game a year ago? Georgia just manhandled Boise in the trenches and expect OU to do the same here. With the return of Adrian Peterson OU is going to blow Boise out the building.

Wake Forest +10.5 ($300)

WF doesn’t look like the prettiest team out there but they get the job done by keeping games close with a mistake free team (6th best in the country in turnover margin) and eating up a ton of clock by ranking 4th in time of possesion in the country. WF held 9 opponents to 17 points or less and will have just enough on defense and controlling the clock to keep this within the 10.5.

Notre Dame +10 ($300)

I know ND got smoked by USC and Michigan I just don’t see LSU as being as explosive on offense as these two. Plus it seems in big games Miles has gone into a shell offensively and kept things tight. Weiss made a good move during bowl preperations and that’s having his starters on both sides of the ball face each other. Even regardless how good Ohio St. looked vs ND in the Feista Bowl last year that win was only by 14 points. 10 is to many for me to pass on here.

W. Michigan +9 ($300)

Cincy didn’t want to be in this game and wanted a Big 12 opponent and loss coach Mark Danantonio to MSU. Weird thing here is Brian Kelley will take over immediately and coach the bowl game. So he has bowl practice to implement his offense and style which is good for the long term but not for this bowl game IMO.

Southern Miss -5 ($400)

Ohio can’t throw the ball and USM’s strength is stopping the run. How did this game get put so late on the schedule again?

Ohio St. -7 ($500)

I just don’t see this game being very close. I hear a lot of talk about the Florida defense but Ohio St. lit up a much better defense IMO in Michigan to the tune of 42 points. Florida just doesn’t have it on offense for me to think they can compete with the most balanced team in cfb in the Buckeyes. Its been their title since Sept. and all the BCS doubters can finally be quiet since it wouldn’t have mattered who played them for the title.

On a side note congrats to those who had a great year and damn its sad to see it finally end lol!

Solid start...props en fuego as usual.

I got Iowa +14...so was kind of hoping to see you on Tejas at the 9 to install more confidence in middling the game...ah well..

Keep it up

Nice work so far. I like to see that you are on Rutgers and Tech in the next few days as those will be some of my bigger plays the rest of the way. I hate seeing you on the Cougs cause I am in love with the Gamecocks in that one. At least one of us will win that one.

Good luck the rest of the bowl season!

Horn - BOL the rest of the way and Happy New Year to you. Kudos on another fine season. Your props are just outstanding!

I have been swamped all month at work and had no time to make my own picks. I hope you do not mind I jumped on your band wagon tonight for a nice 3-0 sweep. Thanks!!!!

Guy Vincent said:
I have been swamped all month at work and had no time to make my own picks. I hope you do not mind I jumped on your band wagon tonight for a nice 3-0 sweep. Thanks!!!!

Congrats on the winning night!

Great run so far this bowl season Horn. It's been money when you, me, Nick, and Troy are on the same plays, so I am really loving my Tech play tomorrow.

I am still waiting on the Oregon State line to drop as I have been hoping all week for it to fall to 3 so I can jump on it w/o taking the juice hit. Continued success the rest of the way!

carolinablue said:
Great run so far this bowl season Horn. It's been money when you, me, Nick, and Troy are on the same plays, so I am really loving my Tech play tomorrow.

I am still waiting on the Oregon State line to drop as I have been hoping all week for it to fall to 3 so I can jump on it w/o taking the juice hit. Continued success the rest of the way!

Thanks Carolina. I agree with Tech they may be one of the best bowl plays still out there.

Great day yesterday Horn! I'm hoping to get Tech at 7, but not looking good. May need to bite the bullet. Good health on Houston - kills me you are on them. GL rest of the card - you are making me rethink some leans on upcoming games as I like BC and UGA. Always good for a 2nd looksie!

smo1a said:
Great day yesterday Horn! I'm hoping to get Tech at 7, but not looking good. May need to bite the bullet. Good health on Houston - kills me you are on them. GL rest of the card - you are making me rethink some leans on upcoming games as I like BC and UGA. Always good for a 2nd looksie!

Thanks buddy. I'm a little nervous on my Cougs play but hopefully KY keeps it up right now and bucks the trend of all these damn faves cashing. GL to you tonight.

Hook Em

Beautiful call on UK bud.. i was gonna hit you up and tell u to take a peak at the ml. I would have played it but with my bankroll i cant gamble on that type of play.. but it definately had value

abcs said:
Beautiful call on UK bud.. i was gonna hit you up and tell u to take a peak at the ml. I would have played it but with my bankroll i cant gamble on that type of play.. but it definately had value

thanks bro. You see your boy Simms signed a two year deal with the Bucs?

SHSUHorn said:
thanks bro. You see your boy Simms signed a two year deal with the Bucs?

Yup.. i loved all the people in that thread who were kissing gradkowskis ass ;) Must be eating crow now huh? Simms is the real deal, just needs to be put in the right system.
Im tryin to decide if i want to head up to atlanta for the game, its gonna be a last minute decision.. G luck and happy new years :cheers:

Colt will play, and rumor is he's been very energetic in practice.

The staff as a whole is very worried about coming out flat, however. Take whatever money you were going to play on Texas and put it on Va tech.

SHSUHorn said:
Tennessee –4 ($400)

Not very impressed with Penn St. and they still haven’t beaten anyone worth a shit. They have nice defensive numbers but most of that was still against the bottom dwellers of the Big 10. UT has to much firepower on offense and I think they put up the same type of passing performance that ND did.

Auburn –1.5 ($300)

Hopefully the month off has helped with some of the nagging injuries Auburn had including those to Irons and Cox. Cox has struggled but the Nebraska secondary has been its weakness and hopefully they watch the game film of Paul Thompson picking them apart for almost 300 yards in the Big 12 title game. Should be close one.

Arkansas –2 ($500)

Whisky only played one ranked opponent all year in their loss to Michigan and like PSU I’m not as impressed with their defensive numbers because outside of Michigan and Ohio St. I don’t think the Big 10 has great offenses. Jones and Mcfadden boast the best one-two rushing attack in the country and I think they get the job done here vs the Badgers.

West Virginia –10.5 ($500)

Liked this game before Ball was out and love it even more now despite how shitty Ball is. GT ended the year with the loss to Georgia and blew the game vs Wake Forest sending them out of a BCS title game. They just don’t have enough on offense to keep up with Slaton & White and I think WVU blows them out here.

Michigan +2 ($500)

Is their a more pissed off team going into the bowl games then this Michigan squad? UCLA won the game because of the pressure it was able to get especially off its ends and Michigan will do the same since they boast the best DL in the country. The best 3 pass rush teams USC has faced (Oregon St., WSU, and UCLA) they only came a way with one close victory and two losses. In other words Booty can’t cut it when you get in his face.

OU –7 ($500)

Remember the Boise/Georgia game a year ago? Georgia just manhandled Boise in the trenches and expect OU to do the same here. With the return of Adrian Peterson OU is going to blow Boise out the building.

Wake Forest +10.5 ($300)

WF doesn’t look like the prettiest team out there but they get the job done by keeping games close with a mistake free team (6th best in the country in turnover margin) and eating up a ton of clock by ranking 4th in time of possesion in the country. WF held 9 opponents to 17 points or less and will have just enough on defense and controlling the clock to keep this within the 10.5.

Notre Dame +10 ($300)

I know ND got smoked by USC and Michigan I just don’t see LSU as being as explosive on offense as these two. Plus it seems in big games Miles has gone into a shell offensively and kept things tight. Weiss made a good move during bowl preperations and that’s having his starters on both sides of the ball face each other. Even regardless how good Ohio St. looked vs ND in the Feista Bowl last year that win was only by 14 points. 10 is to many for me to pass on here.

W. Michigan +9 ($300)

Cincy didn’t want to be in this game and wanted a Big 12 opponent and loss coach Mark Danantonio to MSU. Weird thing here is Brian Kelley will take over immediately and coach the bowl game. So he has bowl practice to implement his offense and style which is good for the long term but not for this bowl game IMO.

Southern Miss -5 ($400)

Ohio can’t throw the ball and USM’s strength is stopping the run. How did this game get put so late on the schedule again?

Ohio St. -7 ($500)

I just don’t see this game being very close. I hear a lot of talk about the Florida defense but Ohio St. lit up a much better defense IMO in Michigan to the tune of 42 points. Florida just doesn’t have it on offense for me to think they can compete with the most balanced team in cfb in the Buckeyes. Its been their title since Sept. and all the BCS doubters can finally be quiet since it wouldn’t have mattered who played them for the title.

On a side note congrats to those who had a great year and damn its sad to see it finally end lol!

Happy New Year, Horn! Will tail all your plays from now on.:drink:

Horn, Great run. I have followed you for about three years now. Since your days at the other place.

I like all the same sides as you tomorrow. I am a bit concerned though that all but UM are favorites. Do you think it's possible that on such a big day that all the favorites come in??

I can just see us being lead to slaughter lol. Especially see that WVU game going very wrong. Slaton talking about an injury, new QB replacing rotten Reggie, etc. Kind of like TT game.

Again, not questioning your choices, I made the same ones before looking here, but I am concerned about all the chalk.

Would love to hear you thoughts.

:cheers:

I'm sure you're not alone Horn. Had it not been for Carroll pulling a Spurrier with a 14 pt 5-minute to go lead there was no way that over cashed. It was the only thing keeping me in the black.

You still liking WF tonight?

Zeke said:
I'm sure you're not alone Horn. Had it not been for Carroll pulling a Spurrier with a 14 pt 5-minute to go lead there was no way that over cashed. It was the only thing keeping me in the black.

You still liking WF tonight?

Yeah I'm on WF. Been a crazy bowl season though.

SHSUHorn said:
Ohio St. -7 ($500)

Hopefully you saw yesterday that Michigan's defense was by no stretch "much better" than Florida's. The Gators have considerably more speed and are better against the pass than the Wolverines. I would actually saw that UF is probably a little better than UM, but either way, there is really not much difference between the two.

Troy Smith -10 Passing Yards vs Leak (-140) ($400)

Tim Tebow UNDER 27.5 Rushing Yards (-110) ($300)

Percy Harvin UNDER 80.5 Rushing & Recieving Yards (-150) ($500)

Ted Ginn WILL score a TD (-110) ($200)

When you list dollar values for props is that risk or to win? Just wondering cuz of the high juice. I like the Smith and Tebow props. Can't get them though cuz I just withdrew all my money at thegreek.com after the last bowl. Forgot about their props.

Its to win. I have my girlfriend with an account I use for props at Greek because they have limits.

What juice did you get on the Smith TD prop? Its up to +158 at olympic.

SHSUHorn said:
Troy Smith -10 Passing Yards vs Leak (-140) ($400)

Tim Tebow UNDER 27.5 Rushing Yards (-110) ($300)

Percy Harvin UNDER 80.5 Rushing & Recieving Yards (-150) ($500)

Ted Ginn WILL score a TD (-110) ($200)

Jesus, that was easy Horn, you are the Prop master. I tailed you here, thanks bro.

Back