NCAA CFB 2005-2006
Sides 60-50 +$3,526
Player Props 40-17 +$7,937
Total 100-67 +$11,463

NCAA CFB 2006-2007
Sides 79-54 +$10,001
Player Props 55-34 +$5,435
Total 134-88 +$15,436

Just going to have one thread for the bowl season and I'll constantly be adding plays throughout the next couple of days. All lines from pinnacle.

POINSEITTIA BOWL
Dec. 19th

TCU -10.5 (-116) ($500)

Has covered 5 of its last 7 bowl games and 8 of the 10 games it was favored in this season. TCU is one of the best 1st half teams in the country outscoring its opponents 176-13 during its current 7 game winning streak. TCU has the experience and speed on defense to contain Wolfe just enough. TCU comes into this game with one of the nations top ranked defenses (4th overall) particualrly against the run (4th overall).

All QB Jeff Ballard has to do is lead the offense which he has done winning 18 of his 20 starts and carrying 124 passes without an INT streak into the game. Ballard faces a pass defense ranked next to last in the MAC conference. TCU is avg 45 ppg in its last 3 contest and have the 17th ranked total offense in the country.

TCU will have enough to contain Wolfe but its offense should put up huge numbers vs the NIU defense and rill easily to the victory.

I totally agree with everything you said..

I feel more with this game than a lot of the others..

GL

LAS VEGAS BOWL
Dec. 21st

BYU –3 (-117) ($400)

On paper Oregon looks like the team to play with better talent and coming from a stronger conference. Oregon though has just looked like a different team to end the season losing its final three regular season games. Oregon has the best pass defense in the PAC 10 but it got lit up in its final three games giving up 34 ppg and 350 ypg in the losing streak. Also during the month of November they turned the ball over 13 times to already go with what is the most penalized teams in the country. It won’t help that the QB situation is still unresolved and somewhat shaky. Dennis Dixon struggled with six total interceptions and no more than 130 yards in his last three games, Brady Leaf made his first start in the regular-season finale at Oregon State. Leaf completed 25 of 42 passes for 274 yards with a touchdown and an interception but couldn’t pull out the win.

BYU has won 9 in a row and covered 7 of those 9 games. Led by the best QB Oregon will see this season in Jon Beck who has completed more than 70 percent of his passes while finishing among the country's top 10 in passing yardage (3,510) and touchdown passes (30) while only throwing 6 picks. Beck has led the Cougs to the 4th best passing attack in the country.

Last edited:
Do you know anything about the BYU corners? I saw this on covers the other day but have no idea how it affects BYU, not real familiar with their secondary..

Two of BYU’s top cornerbacks are questionable
The Deseret News is reporting that BYU starting cornerback Ben Criddle (toe) and backup corner Kayle Buchanan (broken bone in his leg) will both be a game-time decisions for the Cougars’ Las Vegas Bowl game against Oregon.
Criddle and Buchanan are both juniors, and have plenty of experience playing in BYU’s defense. Head coach Bronco Mendenhall is going as far as to exempt both players from his standard policy. Mendenhall won’t usually let players play unless they practice 48 hours before kickoff, the paper reports.
“This is a relatively unique situation knowing that we`re not very deep at corner," Mendenhall told the paper. “Ben has had most of the practice reps. Kayle was the third corner, and so he received the next-most practice reps of anybody. This is consistent with what`s best for the team. “We’re going to have to manage this, with the nature of the injuries, a little bit different than some of the other ones. I’m willing in both of those cases, because of that position and our limited depth, to go all the way to the wire.”

This is whats wrong with the bowl season. Shitty teams like N Illinois dont deserve to be playing in this.. zzzzzzzz

Great start to the year with an opening win on the side and both props. Trying to add these as quick as I can just been under the weather of late.

RICE –3.5 (-113) ($300)

I was going to lay off this game when I first saw it open at some spots at 7 but didn’t pass on the 3.5 that you can currently get at pinny. Troy’s offense won’t be able to keep up with Rice. Yes Troy has a decent defense but they were suspect at times vs the pass and they really have noone in the secondary that will be able to keep up with All-American WR Jarrett Dillard. CUSA has won vs the Sunbelt in this bowl 4 of the last 5 meetings.

I know many are pounding Troy because of Rice QB Clements gametime status. All I’ve heard is that he is cleared to play and will see some action. I guess you call that coach speak. If Clement can’t go back-up Joel Armstrong gets the nod and he has started or played extensively in 5 games this year.

SOUTH FLORIDA –4.5 ($500)

Going with everyone else on this one as this looks like one of the better bowl games on the board. Huge mismatch in this game is SF QB Matt Grothe vs ECU’s front seven. ECU has trouble stopping the run and has one of the worst pass rushes in the nation which could spell disaster against a QB who loves to tuck it and run.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Horn- Oregon scars the shit out of me! If I can get Oregon at +3.5 would you nibble? Or, are you convinced this will be a BTU blowout?</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Opps sorry guys. I went $400 on BYU. Laid up in bed sick as shit right now so I need BYU to take care of these doctor visit bills.

Iowa +9 ($500)

Almost tempted to take the Iowa ML for a small bit as well but I'll just take the points since this will be almost a home game for Texas. Third straight game I've bet against my Horns. Colt has been cleared to play but hasn't been the first string QB in practice that has been walk-on Matt Mccoy who is pretty horrible. Colt will probably start but shouldn't IMO just like he shouldn't have vs Aggie. His arm looked so weak vs A&M it was pretty clear he wasn't over his injury he suffered in the opening drive vs KSU. Plus one big hit by an Iowa defense and on trots Matt Mccoy to run the show since Snead is now at Ole Miss.

Damn you missed it at 14.. still should be ok. There is no telling what mind frame that texas team is in

G luck horn

abcs, yeah i was waiting untill I got good source on Colts status. But you are correct in Texas mindset in playing in its worst bowl game in the Mack Brown era. They typicall don't do well when they play in bowl games they weren't expected to be in (think Holiday vs Oregon and WSU)

It does indeed and the Birds look to be overmatched. But that just means we've got you right where we want you.

My Christmas wish list includes Christmas Day win for the Eagles in Dallas during which TO gets knocked unconscious.

Nice call on BYU Horn...Its nice to be 2-0 to start the bowl season...I should stop f'in around w/ NCAAB now that the bowls are here. Glad to see you're on Rice also!

Any ideas on which way the Texas/Iowa spread will go? I'm seeing 9.5 -105 for both sides right now....was hoping to grab 10 with Iowa

New Mexico -3 ($300)

Most importantly in looking at this game know it is basically a home game for New Mexico. SJSU has had trouble stopping the run all year and that plays perfectly into the hands of NM as they boast the biggest OL in the country and their top offensive threat is RB Rodney Ferguson. Ferguson should have a field day up the middle and move the chains vs a Spartan defense that has an undersized MLB and converted safties that are well below avg in size to support the run.

Utah -1 ($300)

Tulas has faded down the end stretch of the season losing 3 of its last 4 games while Utah won 3 of its last 4 with the only heartbreaker vs a damn good BYU squad. Just looking at the stats you'd think Tulsa has a great pass defense but in fact its because teams were able to easily run against them. Only 23 Div 1a teams defended fewer pass attempts per game then Tulsa and only 7 INTs on the year. Tulsa has solid corners but no depth after them and when facing the spread of Utah they could have some major mismatches as Utah runs 4 deep in solid WRs.

Last edited:
Arizona St. +7 ($300)

The Sun Devils will be playing for Dirk Koetter, who will be coaching in his final game on Arizona State's sideline. Game is in Hawaii and on paper everything points to Hawaii to smoke ASU. ASU does have the PAC 10’s second best defense and has been able to run the ball with Torain and Herring. Call it a gut play but I’ll take the points here.

Middle TN St. +10 ($300)

Once again a game on paper that points to a huge CMU win but the outcome will be effected by the coaching changes which we have seen so many times over the years. Big key in this matchup is how will CMU react with the loss of coach Brian Kelley to Cincy? Kelley was everything to the rise of this program and I see a lot closer game then many would expect.

UCLA –3.5 ($500)

UCLA has a lot more to play for coming off the huge win vs USC this team only has 3 SR starters so they are defintley making a statement for next year. Rumors have been flying around that FSU so going to go through some tremendous staff changes in the offseason as supposedly Jimbo Fisher is coming in from LSU and be able to hire whomever he wants on the offensive side of the ball. Kevin Steele to Texas has also been rumored.

FSU has had some serious issues on the OL this year and now face two of the better DEs in the country in Davis and Hickman who have combined for 25 sacks this year. FSU has a horiible rushing attack ranked 103rd in the country, an erratic passing attack if either Lee or Weatherford are in the game, and the worst OC in college football calling the plays in Jeff Bowden’s last game.

With what figures to be a low scoring game watching the kicking game here as FSU K has gone 0-4 in his last 3 games while UCLA K Medlock is one of the best going 26-30 on the season including the 2 biggies vs USC.

Last edited:
Oklahoma St. –2 ($500)

Albama won’t have Mike Shula coaching in this one and who knows what interim coach Joe Kines will do on offense. There have been reported rumors that Kines is also the leading candidate for the Texas DC position and has been in Austin already during the offseason. This to go along with all the distractions coming out of Bama on its coaching search will have an effect on the players.

Alabama line was one of the worst in pass protection giving up 26 sacks in 12 games while Okie St ranks 11th in the entire country with 36 sacks. Darby hasn’t been nearly as productive as he has in season pass and is still looking to score his first TD. TDs are not a problem for an Okie St. offense led by Bobby Reid. Bama just doesn’t have enough on offense to keep up with the Cowboys here I like Okie St a lot.

Cal –3.5 ($500)

The way to attack this Aggie defense is going deep and exploiting the lack of speed at corner something Texas couldn’t do with Colt “sorry coach I can’t throw the ball past 20 yards today” Mccoy. Deshaun Jackson is going to have a field day in this match-up. With the game being in Cali and Cal having way more playmakers and team speed I think they beat A&M in a good ballgame.

Rutgers –7 ($500)

This one looks a little to easy for me which has me worried. Rutgers is better in every position except for QB and WR arguably. KSU plays a very aggressive bltizing defense which helped them have one of the more sack happy defenses in the country. The only issue with this is they have at times over pursued and been caught out of position which has led to some long runs vs the defense. The front four of KSU is below avg vs the run so I expect a huge day from the big Rutger ole line and the great rushing attack of Rutgers led by Ray Rice and Brian Leonard.

Kentucky +10 ($300)

Kentucky should come into this game hungrier of the two having not been to a bowl game in 7 years. Expect majority of the crowd in TN to be cheering for the Wildcats. Clemson has lost 3 of 4 and definitley had its sights set on a much better bowl game.

Oregon St. –3 ($400)

Once again going with the hotter team coming into the bowl game. Oregon St. has won 7 of 8 including the upset over USC while Mizzu has lost 3 of 4 and its offense has all of a sudden been sputtering along. Chase Daniels has seemed to hit a wall and has thrown more INTs of late during the Mizzu losing streak to end the season. I expect the same here as OSU has a deep front four and will put pressure on the QB as evident by their 44 sacks (4th nationally). This pressure led to QBs hurrying their throws and the secondary made the most of it as OSU led the PAC 10 in forced turnovers and had 17 picks on the season.

Texas Tech –6.5 ($500)

I think this game could get real ugly really quick. Texas Tech features one of the most dangerous passing attacks in the country and Minnesota has the 5th worst pass defense in the entire country. Minny will want to establish the run but they may not be able to because they’ll be trying to play catch up to keep up with the TT air show. It won’t help the Gopher offense much that John Mackey award winner TE Matt Speth is not playing due to a shoulder injury.

Maryland +1 ($400)

Purdue’s record is a little inflated. They didn’t beat a team with a winning record this year and while they have 5 losses remember they didn’t even have to play Michigan or Ohio St.QB Curtis Painter has been an INT machine this year (18) and it won’t help that OTs Mike Otto and Sean Sester have been hindered by injuries and there are concerns about their ability to hold up in pass protection for this game. With this match-up being close know that Purdue’s kicking game has been awful of late as K Chris Summers is 8 of 19 on the season and has missed his last 5 attempts.

I still remember looking back at that Kentucky/Tennesse game. This Kentucky team fuckin' fights, and I'll gladly take 10 with this crew.

Back