Honda Classic -Form Sheets - Awful Field -Great Betting

They got screwed by the new rules. Shame, because they put on a great tournament.

Have been going for years.
Much like Pebble.

This is going to happen.

Some of these designated events this year WON'T be next year.

Should be interesting to see which ones they flip next season.

Much like Pebble.

This is going to happen.

Some of these designated events this year WON'T be next year.

Should be interesting to see which ones they flip next season.
No doubt

Quite honestly I have no clue why Maui would be elevated when it's already at a premium standard just to play

Could see Phx losing it next year although it made the even a million times better than usual

Riviera should always be elevated

No doubt

Quite honestly I have no clue why Maui would be elevated when it's already at a premium standard just to play

Could see Phx losing it next year although it made the even a million times better than usual

Riviera should always be elevated
I'll already say that Harbour Town and Hartford will not be next year, just due to their position on schedule. Every few years for those.

Reactions: KJ
I'll already say that Harbour Town and Hartford will not be next year, just due to their position on schedule. Every few years for those.
Yeah they aren't memorable at all for me anyway. Not sure why but I can't stand the 18th at Harbor Town, just not appealing to me

Guessing one of the Texas events will get elevated after match play leaves

The advantage the big West Coast tournaments get is they're removed from the majors/Players/FedEx on the schedule

⛳️Honda Classic⛳
PGA National Golf Course
Champions Course
Par: 70
Yardage: 7,125
Greens: Bermuda

Past Winners​

2022: Sepp Straka -10
2021: Matt Jones -12
2020: Sungjae Im -6
2019: Keith Mitchell -9
2018: Justin Thomas -8
2017: Rickie Fowler -12
2016: Adam Scott -9
2015: Paddy Harrington -6​

Honda’s field this year includes 4 of the top 30 golfers in the current world rankings, which would be its fewest in at least a decade. None in the top 10 will play for the third consecutive year. From 2013 to 2018, Honda averaged four of the top 10. In the past four years, one top 10 golfer has played Honda, total, No. 3 Brooks Koepka in 2020.

Course:
it’s a heavily bunkered course and water is in-play on 13 holes
the greens usually run at around 12 on the stimpmeter

PGA National is famous for its intimidating finish which includes the three-hole stretch at 15, 16 and 17, known as the Bear Trap

This is one of the few events in which a great week with the putter isn't essential
The last five winners have ranked 4th, 28th, 38th, 38th and 35th for Strokes Gained Putting and only four of the last 12 winners have ranked inside the 10 for Putting Average

The Bear Trap, (holes 15/16/17) gets its own dedicated TV feed, so obviously everyone knows how tough that plays. However, hole 5/6/7 have played equally arduous. Almost to the number. Since 2007, each troika has finished almost an identical +0.638 over par; give or take a few thousands of a stroke. They tie for the fourth most difficult three-hole stretches on the PGA TOUR (non-majors, of course). They

Are they still trying to turn one of those par 3s into the Florida version of 16 at TPC Scottsdale?

I get the reasons why, but it sucks for this tournament that they get the shaft on the scheduling. Used to be that a bunch of guys, especially the ones that also played Euro Tour, would use this tournament to kick off their season.

Are they still trying to turn one of those par 3s into the Florida version of 16 at TPC Scottsdale?

I get the reasons why, but it sucks for this tournament that they get the shaft on the scheduling. Used to be that a bunch of guys, especially the ones that also played Euro Tour, would use this tournament to kick off their season.
There is a large hospitality area on the par 3 in the Bear Trap. Fridays are spectacular in there, but not yet to level of the WM.

Also read that Honda is the longest running sponsor on tour, wonder how those convos are going.

Finish Position and Strokes Gained Course History (2015-2022)​

Thanks to the volatility of PGA National, course history means little this week. Every single champion going back to 2010 has missed a cut here within 3 years of winning.

Honda-CH-1-1024x512.png

Most Important Stats For Success at the Honda Classic​

*In order of importance

• SG: APP
  • Bogey/Double Bogey Avoidance
  • Scrambling
  • SG: Tough Scoring Courses
  • Par 4 Scoring
  • Course History PGA National/comp courses
  • Proximity 125-200 yds
  • SG: Putting (Bermuda)
  • SG: OTT
  • 3-putt Avoidance

Putting difference between poa and bermuda is always worth watching in this one

Not sure what to think here on who wins this...but I do think there are 4-5 names that can easily place in top 20-40..

Already have Lowry -125 to finish Top 20..added Sepp Straka -115 to finish Top 40 on dkng..I mean..he can win this tournament..I love these odds for a top 40 finish

Looking at mcarthy as well

Not seeing much but am throwing some darts from mid range to longer distances

Lowry to eagle first round +1400 1u
Sungjae to eagle first round +1200 1u
Top 40 Schenk +120 1u
Top 40 SH Kim +100 1u
Top 40 Straka -125 2u
Top 40 Ben An -135 2u
Top 10 Sabbatini +2800 1u

GL this week

3-1 at the Genesis, so I 'invested' in a few pinata picks at 108-1...best I pulled was Min Woo Lee.

Props

Ace -- Yes +126
Winning Margin -- exactly 1 stroke +220 ..it's been won by exactly 1 in three of the last four years

Mark Hubbard -- Top 10 +900
Ben Taylor -- Top 10 +800
Estanislao Goya -- Top 20 +800

FRL Darts

Callum Tarren 80-1
Matthias Schwab 80-1
Andrew Kozan 250-1

Swing it easy folks.

Round 3 only:

Meronk -115 vs BH An:
I don’t know much about Meronk, but his last five events he has a win, T-10, mc, T-4 and his first week in North America finishes T-45 at Riviera. This week he is T-16 going into the weekend. He’s had success recently and I’m sure he would like to make a good impression here. An went low yesterday, I doubt he goes back to back low rounds. I’ll take a shot at this price with the unknown guy.

Best of luck with all your wagers today guys.

Honda tally- 2-2 top 40 with the bigger plays hitting. 1-4 on all other plays. -2u for the week, posted.

Yeah. People freaking out about this week don't realize that some elevated events will move each year.
I really don't like that golf course, just too many consecutive par 4s

8-14 is an incredible buzzkill

Back