Home Run Derby Discussion

http://mlb.mlb.com/content/printer_friendly/mlb/y2008/m07/d13/c3129139.jsp

Berkman likely to bat righty in Derby
07/13/2008 3:33 PM ETBy Alyson Footer / MLB.com

NEW YORK -- To Lance Berkman, the State Farm Home Run Derby is something like "a glorified batting-practice session," and he plans to treat it as such when he steps to the plate to put on what he hopes is a more impressive display than he provided two years ago. That means the switch-hitting Berkman is probably going to hit right-handed so that he does not mess with the swing that provides the bulk of his home runs during regular-season games.

"I work the entire year on not pulling the ball in batting practice, left-handed," Berkman said. "So my swing is just more up the middle, up the middle, up the middle. Now, to have to all of a sudden have to pull the ball, I don't want to do that. Whereas right-handed, I naturally pull the ball anyway, so it's much easier for me to just turn it loose right-handed than it is left-handed during batting practice."

This year's Home Run Derby, which will take place at Yankee Stadium in New York on Monday at 7 p.m. CT, is Berkman's fourth. His results have run the gamut from uneventful (2002) to spectacular ('04) to, as he puts it, "a complete non-factor," as he was in '06, when he hit three and was out after the first round.

Berkman admits now that he really had no clue what he was doing during his first Derby in Milwaukee in '02. Before he left Houston, Jeff Bagwell -- something of a Derby veteran himself -- told his young slugging teammate not to swing at every pitch.

"Which I promptly did," Berkman said.

The results weren't pretty. One home run -- as in, one and done.
Two years later, an older and much wiser Berkman was a bit more selective, using his past experiences to help him through the '04 Derby. Of course, it helped that nearly 42,000 fans packed Minute Maid Park to cheer for their hometown hero. The night, Berkman says now, is on his top 10 list of the best moments of his big league career.

Berkman launched seven home runs in the first round and 10 in the second phase. One of the home runs hit the All-Star Game sign that sat high atop the railroad tracks in left-center field, which netted an estimated distance of 459 feet. His eighth and ninth bounced off the tracks and then left the building.

Berkman came in second place, behind only current teammate Miguel Tejada, who broke the Home Run Derby record with 27 home runs. Berkman placed second with 21.

This year, the Puma will be well-armed with the standard maple bats he uses for batting practice, but he'll be without his regular Derby pitcher, Astros bullpen coach Mark "Beetle" Bailey. Berkman invited Bailey to accompany him to New York, but Bailey opted to take the three days off to be with his family in Houston.

Berkman was fine with Bailey's decision and surmised he would have one of the Rockies' coaches pitch to him instead.

"I'd much rather him have an All-Star break than have to come up there and fool with me," Berkman said. "I said, 'Look, Beetle, I want you to take a break with your family, but if you want to go to the game, I want to have you throw to me.'"\

Bailey was tempted, especially since his wife, Mary Pat, is from the New York area.

"That's why I thought so strongly about it -- we have a lot of family and a lot of friends up there, but I decided to go ahead and take the break," Bailey said. "It was a tough decision. I wanted to be there for him and go there for the last [All-Star] Game [at Yankee Stadium]. But talking to my family, I decided to go ahead and take the break."

Berkman joins a pool of contestants that includes Chase Utley, Dan Uggla and Ryan Braun of the National League, and Grady Sizemore, Josh Hamilton, Evan Longoria and Justin Morneau of the American League.

Berkman jokingly said that he expects every one of his fly balls "to go out of the ballpark," but in truth, the Astros' first baseman is picking the Rangers' Hamilton, baseball's feel-good story of the summer, to win it all.

"If I were to have to pick somebody right now, I'd have to pick Josh Hamilton," Berkman said. "He would be my favorite to win it."

not gonna bet or even research this. But just so I have something to pull for. I like Uggla at +800 or so

http://mlb.mlb.com/content/printer_friendly/mlb/y2008/m07/d12/c3122445.jsp

Braun pegs agent as Derby BP pitcher
07/13/2008 3:04 PM ETBy Adam McCalvy and Dave Fultz / MLB.com

MILWAUKEE -- Agent Nez Balelo goes to great lengths to serve his clients, even if it means showing off his fastball in front of over 50,000 baseball fans. Balelo, a one-time Seattle Mariners prospect who now works on the other side of the white lines, will be the pitcher for the Brewers' Ryan Braun in the State Farm Home Run Derby on Monday at Yankee Stadium.

Players get to choose their own pitcher, who is usually a member of the big league coaching staff. But there are exceptions, including last year, when Brewers first baseman Prince Fielder tabbed Minor League manager Mike Guerrero and Rockies outfielder Matt Holliday invited his brother, Josh. The Mets' David Wright finished second in 2006 with teammate Paul Lo Duca as his pitcher. And in 2001, the D-backs' Luis Gonzalez won the event with Arizona bullpen catcher Jeff Motuzas serving up fastballs.

"It was a natural decision; it just makes sense," Braun said. "He's going to be there anyway. I'd love to have [Brewers infield coach Dale Sveum] come, but he's going on vacation with his family, so I wouldn't want to take that away from him."

Balelo, a longtime friend of Braun's, might be the first agent to give it a try.
"What can I say?" Balelo said. "It will probably be the biggest stage that the two of us will ever be on. We're going to cherish every moment of it."
The last time they were in the spotlight together was on May 15, when the Brewers announced a seven-year contract extension with Braun that guarantees as much as $51 million. Balelo is part of the Creative Artists Agency (CAA) in Los Angeles, the same firm that represents fellow Brewers All-Stars Ben Sheets and Corey Hart.

The big league setting will not be entirely foreign to Balelo, a Mariners fourth-round selection in the 1985 First-Year Player Draft whose promising baseball career was cut short after he was involved in an accident at an offseason construction job.

After that, Balelo started baseball development camps in Los Angeles. That's where he first threw batting practice to Braun, who later attended the University of Miami and signed with the Brewers after they made him the fifth overall pick in the 2005 Draft.

Braun and Balelo still meet up in the offseason for batting practice.
"Nez has been throwing to me for probably seven, eight years -- it's been a while now," Braun said. "I'm comfortable facing him, and I think it gives me the best chance to win."

But while the two friends have been batting practice partners for a long time, they've certainly never done their routine in front of 56,000 fans and millions on TV.

"Of course there is the anticipation and the nerves setting in," Balelo said. "But what are you going to do? I've done it for so many years, and I've done it with him so many times, that I am just going to try to block everything else out the best that I can. Hopefully, I'll find his bat and the baseballs will find their way over the wall.

"I know his swing like the back of my hand. We'll be able to make adjustments as we go, and we're hoping that it will be a nice little formula. We should have some good chemistry."

In addition to the bright lights, Yankee Stadium also brings another quirk that might make a Home Run Derby title tough for Braun. The famous short porch in right field will aid Braun's lefty-hitting competition, but he isn't worried.

"Yeah, [lefties] will definitely have an advantage," Braun said. "But I think it will just depend on who is swinging the bat well that day and who get in a good groove. Hopefully I'll be there in the end. All you can ask for is a chance."

http://www.herald-mail.com/?cmd=displaystory&story_id=198597&format=html

Billmeyer hopes to spark hits off Broadway (Chase Utley)

By BOB PARASILITI
bobp@herald-mail.com

HAGERSTOWN

Mick Billmeyer will be spending the early part of next week in New York taking in an off-Broadway show.

While he’s there, he hopes to have the chance to hang around and soak in the history and memories of the final production.

Billmeyer, a Hagerstown native and the bullpen coach for the Philadelphia Phillies, will pitch to Chase Utley in Monday’s All-Star Home Run Derby at Yankee Stadium. Billmeyer is hoping for the chance to hang around Tuesday to watch the last Major League All-Star Game to be played in “The House That Ruth Built.”

“This has nothing to do with me,” Billmeyer said. “It’s all about Chase. But it will be my last time to be in Yankee Stadium. I’d love to be there for the last time and stay for the game to take it all in.”

Like most baseball players, Billmeyer is a bit of historian when it comes to the roots of the game. So, the chance to miss a couple of days off and a couple of rounds of golf might be worth it just for the experience.
“Utley came up and asked, ‘What are you going to do during the break?’” Billmeyer said. “I said I was going to head home and play a couple of rounds of golf. Then he asked me if I would come and be his pitcher for the home-run derby.”

Billmeyer pitched to Jim Thome in the 2004 home-run derby in Houston, an event won by Miguel Tejada, the Orioles’ shortstop at the time.

“Utley isn’t a home-run guy,” Billmeyer said. “He is constantly working on his fundamentals in batting practice and is always hitting the ball off the tee to keep working. He swings through the ball, and if he pulls it during a game, it usually is by accident.

“I was nervous the first time I did it, but when Thome went out and hit eight or nine shots during the warm-up, I calmed down. I realized there is no pressure on me. The cameras are all on him. For Utley, I just have to put it in there at a consistent speed and put it in the middle so he can do something with it.”

Utley, who was leading the majors in home runs until he was surpassed by teammate Ryan Howard this week, will be joined in the contest by Cleveland’s Grady Sizemore, Florida’s Dan Uggla, Houston’s Lance Berkman, Milwaukee’s Ryan Braun, Texas’ Josh Hamilton, Minnesota’s Jason Morneau and Tampa Bay’s Evan Longoria.

“(Utley) likes the ball up and in the middle so he can work it,” Billmeyer said. “He likes to work the ball through the strike zone. If he can get some backspin on the ball and pull it, he could have some success with the short porch out there in right field.”

After the derby, Billmeyer said he hopes to get the opportunity to stay on and work the game for the National League. He talked with Colorado manager Clint Hurdle, a friend who will be the National League manager, about the chance of working in the bullpen. Billmeyer generally catches the warm-ups of Brad Lidge, the Phillies closer who also has been selected for the game.

“Clint said he would ask and find out,” Billmeyer said. “He said that there are so many rules and he had to check it out.”

Billmeyer spent his baseball career entirely in the minor leagues, playing in the Baltimore, Texas and California organizations before catching on with the Angels as a coordinator in 1994. He has been with the Phillies since 2000, and became the catching instructor and bullpen coach for Philadelphia in 2004.

HOMERUN DERBY

<table class="matchupBox fontsize12" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="banner"><td colspan="2">HOMERUN DERBY - Jul 14 </td></tr><tr class="oddRow"><td class="leftColumn"><small>5:00 PM</small></td><td class="rightColumn"><table class="noTopPadding" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="banner"><td colspan="5"> STATE FARM HOMERUN DERBY</td></tr><tr class="evenRow"><td class="rotCell">9001</td><td class="teamCell">L BERKMAN</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9001_0_400_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+400</label></td></tr><tr class="oddRow"><td class="rotCell">9002</td><td class="teamCell">C UTLEY</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9002_0_475_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+475</label></td></tr><tr class="evenRow"><td class="rotCell">9003</td><td class="teamCell">D UGGLA</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9003_0_725_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+725</label></td></tr><tr class="oddRow"><td class="rotCell">9004</td><td class="teamCell">R BRAUN</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9004_0_725_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+725</label></td></tr><tr class="evenRow"><td class="rotCell">9005</td><td class="teamCell">J HAMILTON</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9005_0_290_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+290</label></td></tr><tr class="oddRow"><td class="rotCell">9006</td><td class="teamCell">G SIZEMORE</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9006_0_525_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+525</label></td></tr><tr class="evenRow"><td class="rotCell">9007</td><td class="teamCell">E LONGORIA</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9007_0_750_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+750</label></td></tr><tr class="oddRow"><td class="rotCell">9008</td><td class="teamCell">J MORNEAU</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9008_0_475_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+475</label></td></tr><tr class="evenRow"><td class="rotCell">9009</td><td class="teamCell">FIELD</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9009_0_550_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+550</label></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

HOMERUN DERBY

<table class="matchupBox fontsize12" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="banner"><td colspan="2">HOMERUN DERBY - Jul 14 </td></tr><tr class="oddRow"><td class="leftColumn"><small>5:00 PM</small></td><td class="rightColumn"><table class="noTopPadding" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="banner"><td colspan="5"> STATE FARM HOMERUN DERBY</td></tr><tr class="evenRow"><td class="rotCell">9001</td><td class="teamCell">L BERKMAN</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9001_0_400_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+400</label></td></tr><tr class="oddRow"><td class="rotCell">9002</td><td class="teamCell">C UTLEY</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9002_0_475_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+475</label></td></tr><tr class="evenRow"><td class="rotCell">9003</td><td class="teamCell">D UGGLA</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9003_0_725_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+725</label></td></tr><tr class="oddRow"><td class="rotCell">9004</td><td class="teamCell">R BRAUN</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9004_0_725_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+725</label></td></tr><tr class="evenRow"><td class="rotCell">9005</td><td class="teamCell">J HAMILTON</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9005_0_290_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+290</label></td></tr><tr class="oddRow"><td class="rotCell">9006</td><td class="teamCell">G SIZEMORE</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9006_0_525_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+525</label></td></tr><tr class="evenRow"><td class="rotCell">9007</td><td class="teamCell">E LONGORIA</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9007_0_750_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+750</label></td></tr><tr class="oddRow"><td class="rotCell">9008</td><td class="teamCell">J MORNEAU</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9008_0_475_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+475</label></td></tr><tr class="evenRow"><td class="rotCell">9009</td><td class="teamCell">FIELD</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="755483_0_9009_0_550_TNT" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+550</label></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

I wonder how many people bet "field" hahaha

maybe field means the actual field - noone hits any homers at all, and the stadium itself is considered the winner because its physical attributes are deemed to have prevented any homers being hit.
an_roll_laugh.gif

Or the Field actually represents EVERYONE on that list. So in case you really can't decide, then we give you this option. Anyone to win it @+550.

I've heard in the past some people feel the guy that has the best uppercut style swing tends to do well. I do like Braun and Morneau here. May just split 50 on each and enjoy the show.

I'm going with Utley here. He's more of a line drive HR hitter and I feel he is just going to be hitting line drives out to the short porch in right all night just like he does in Philadelphia.

i like morneau a lot, even though he has the least amount of homers of the guys in the field. he lost to pujols in the semi's last year, and i like a guy who has been here before. i don't like righties much. i think utley and sizemore are hitting hr's this season, but they aren't big power hitters. i would say 50/50 split on morneau and hamilton would be chill. the only thing about hamilton is even though he has been in derbies in the minors he said he doesnt know how he will feel until they call his name, so maybe a little nervous. being the fav/ storyline of the derby puts some pressure on.

The most recent home run derby's have been getting more and more boring as the years go on....I say this because there is not one power hitter in the competition this year. Ryan Howard isn't even in it with his 28 HR's. I think the HR derby would be much more watchable if there were big name hitters, Barry Bonds (i will get crucified for this i'm sure) or Frank Thomas, traditional power hitters is what i believe the HR derby was founded on. I believe Alex Rodriguez turned it down but it would be nice to see Manny or David Ortiz in it.

i just worry that uggla isnt feeling a 100percent healthy.. but i wouldnt doubt his power just not sure if he will be ready

i also read that he has a short swing which is great for turning around fastball velocity. but slow pitching BP might throw off his rhythm

i like morneau a lot, even though he has the least amount of homers of the guys in the field. he lost to pujols in the semi's last year, and i like a guy who has been here before. i don't like righties much. i think utley and sizemore are hitting hr's this season, but they aren't big power hitters. i would say 50/50 split on morneau and hamilton would be chill. the only thing about hamilton is even though he has been in derbies in the minors he said he doesnt know how he will feel until they call his name, so maybe a little nervous. being the fav/ storyline of the derby puts some pressure on.

I think these two would be my favorites as well... Like the value with Morneau better and wouldn't be shocked if Hamilton froze on the main stage.

i think longoria has no chance. braun is the biggest slugger imo along w/ hamilton, but it is his first time and i just dont see him winning. utley will be hitting line drives and even during BP in the regular season he doesnt swing for the fences so this will be something new for him. sizemore is pretty legit but his lack of power and tendency to not pull the ball is a concern, i wouldnt bet on him. i am going to back off my opinion that morneau can do it. he was hesitant to even participate and had to be persuaded. he might be satisfied w/ a one and done. berkman is the most experienced derby player and if he is hot he will be in the finals, even if he is hitting righty. he is looking forward to this.
however, my play is JOSH (+375). i am somewhat biased because i love this fuckin guy for a few reasons. 1) i grabbed him on both my fantasy teams because i knew he was going to have a fuckin great year 2) being a drug addict myself i can relate to this dude.
he is using a 71 year old as his pitcher. most books i have looked at have hammy at (+220,+275) so +375 is pretty good value @ 5dimes. josh is one of the first guys i know that are known for hitting moon shots during BP. people travel and fellow mlb players marvel at his BP before games. hopefully he shows some of that off tonight.

Jack Cust would've been good in this competition as well.

Some good value on Utley and Braun.

All the experts are picking Hamiltion though, but odds are shit.

Be careful with Morneau, he said he doesn't really want to take part in the derby, so who knows how hard he's gonna go at it.

And I think Uggla's agent is gonna be throwing to him, which may play a factor.

Going with Morneau strickly as a homer play since I found out he picked a friend of mine to throw to him:23_29_107v:

<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=5 width=650 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#f8f5bd><TD>1021 Evan Longoria </TD><TD> +200 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#cdeab8><TD>1022 Justin Morneau </TD><TD> -250 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Best prop on the board if u ask me

I like Berkman to win it all. I got him at +450 at my bookie.

I'm thinking Berkman and Sizemore. Possibly Utley who good with mechanics and has been around. Only gonna take 2. Definately Berkman. He's been in a Derby the most something like 5 times so I'll take the experience guy batting righty. I'm thinking going with Sizemore only b/c he's from the AL. So I'll at least have 1 nl and 1 al player. 1 batting lefty and 1 batting righty. Last year I took Morneau and Vlad and got a nice payout so I'm hoping I make the right play. I don;t like morneau from the way he batted last year. He seems to hit balls to center alot plus his price is droppping dramatically from open. Longoria seems to be a long shot. Not many HR's on the year and inexperience plays a factor. Hamilton has good mechanics but too much hype and he's a RBI guy who's the fav. I'll pass. Uggla off an injury. May be good early but I don;t think he'll try 100%. Braun has a straight up stance from what I remember. Not something I like and he's a far fetched inexperiences guy also.

I basically think any lefty has a shot. If Berkman hits from the left side I think he wins it, but otherwise I think Utley or Hamilton. I think Braun has a great swing for this though. He has a natural uppercut so that could work to his advantage.

<table class="matchupBox fontsize10" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="evenRow"><td class="leftColumn"><small>5:00 PM</small></td><td class="rightColumn"><table class="" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="rotCell">11105</td><td class="teamCell">L BERKMAN</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755610_12328_4_0_125_MU" type="checkbox">+125</label></td></tr><tr><td class="rotCell">11106</td><td class="teamCell">C UTLEY </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755610_12328_5_0_-155_MU" type="checkbox">-155</label></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr class="oddRow"><td class="leftColumn"><small>5:00 PM</small></td><td class="rightColumn"><table class="" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="rotCell">11107</td><td class="teamCell">C UTLEY </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755611_12328_4_0_-220_MU" type="checkbox">-220</label></td></tr><tr><td class="rotCell">11108</td><td class="teamCell">D UGGLA</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755611_12328_5_0_180_MU" type="checkbox">+180</label></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr class="evenRow"><td class="leftColumn"><small>5:00 PM</small></td><td class="rightColumn"><table class="" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="rotCell">11109</td><td class="teamCell">D UGGLA</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755613_12328_4_0_-105_MU" type="checkbox">-105</label></td></tr><tr><td class="rotCell">11110</td><td class="teamCell">R BRAUN</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755613_12328_5_0_-125_MU" type="checkbox">-125</label></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr class="oddRow"><td class="leftColumn"><small>5:00 PM</small></td><td class="rightColumn"><table class="" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="rotCell">11111</td><td class="teamCell">R BRAUN</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755615_12328_4_0_225_MU" type="checkbox">+225</label></td></tr><tr><td class="rotCell">11112</td><td class="teamCell">J HAMILTON</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755615_12328_5_0_-285_MU" type="checkbox">-285</label></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr class="evenRow"><td class="leftColumn"><small>5:00 PM</small></td><td class="rightColumn"><table class="" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="rotCell">11113</td><td class="teamCell">J HAMILTON</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755621_12328_4_0_-220_MU" type="checkbox">-220</label></td></tr><tr><td class="rotCell">11114</td><td class="teamCell">G SIZEMORE </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755621_12328_5_0_180_MU" type="checkbox">+180</label></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr class="oddRow"><td class="leftColumn"><small>5:00 PM</small></td><td class="rightColumn"><table class="" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="rotCell">11115</td><td class="teamCell">G SIZEMORE </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755622_12328_4_0_-165_MU" type="checkbox">-165</label></td></tr><tr><td class="rotCell">11116</td><td class="teamCell">E LONGORIA</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755622_12328_5_0_135_MU" type="checkbox">+135</label></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr class="evenRow"><td class="leftColumn"><small>5:00 PM</small></td><td class="rightColumn"><table class="" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="rotCell">11117</td><td class="teamCell">E LONGORIA</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755623_12328_4_0_160_MU" type="checkbox">+160</label></td></tr><tr><td class="rotCell">11118</td><td class="teamCell">J MORNEAU </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755623_12328_5_0_-200_MU" type="checkbox">-200</label></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr class="oddRow"><td class="leftColumn"><small>5:00 PM</small></td><td class="rightColumn"><table class="" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="rotCell">11119</td><td class="teamCell">J MORNEAU </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755624_12328_4_0_-175_MU" type="checkbox">-175</label></td></tr><tr><td class="rotCell">11120</td><td class="teamCell">L BERKMAN</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755624_12328_5_0_145_MU" type="checkbox">+145</label></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr class="evenRow"><td class="leftColumn"><small>5:00 PM</small></td><td class="rightColumn"><table class="" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="rotCell">11121</td><td class="teamCell">J HAMILTON</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755625_12328_4_0_-220_MU" type="checkbox">-220</label></td></tr><tr><td class="rotCell">11122</td><td class="teamCell">L BERKMAN</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755625_12328_5_0_180_MU" type="checkbox">+180</label></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr class="oddRow"><td class="leftColumn"><small>5:00 PM</small></td><td class="rightColumn"><table class="" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="rotCell">11123</td><td class="teamCell">D UGGLA </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755626_12328_4_0_-130_MU" type="checkbox">-130</label></td></tr><tr><td class="rotCell">11124</td><td class="teamCell">E LONGORIA</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755626_12328_5_0_100_MU" type="checkbox">EV</label></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr class="evenRow"><td class="leftColumn"><small>5:00 PM</small></td><td class="rightColumn"><table class="" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="rotCell">11125</td><td class="teamCell">C UTLEY </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755627_12328_4_0_-130_MU" type="checkbox">-130</label></td></tr><tr><td class="rotCell">11126</td><td class="teamCell">G SIZEMORE </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755627_12328_5_0_100_MU" type="checkbox">EV</label></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr class="oddRow"><td class="leftColumn"><small>5:00 PM</small></td><td class="rightColumn"><table class="" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="rotCell">11127</td><td class="teamCell">J HAMILTON</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755628_12328_4_0_-200_MU" type="checkbox">-200</label></td></tr><tr><td class="rotCell">11128</td><td class="teamCell">J MORNEAU</td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"> </td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input class="chkbox" name="game" value="755628_12328_5_0_160_MU" type="checkbox">+160</label></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

just reading the thoughts in this thread (berkman has experience and morneau doesn't really want to be there) i think i might have to put a little bit on the Berkman vs. Morneau prop.

Anybody have an opinion on this prop?

<TABLE class=module borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=800 border=0 rgfloat="440,600"><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 28px" vAlign=bottom bgColor=#f6f6f6><TD noWrap>Mon 7/14</TD><TD noWrap>701 </TD><TD noWrap>Derby winner total HR's over 25½</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap><INPUT language=javascript id=radiox onclick="return OnButtonClick()" type=radio value=M1_48 name=radiox>-175 </TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 28px" vAlign=top bgColor=#f6f6f6><TD noWrap>8:00PM (EST) </TD><TD noWrap>702</TD><TD noWrap>Derby winner total HR's under 25½</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap><INPUT language=javascript id=radiox onclick="return OnButtonClick()" type=radio value=M2_48 name=radiox>+135 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I dont like that prop. I think its going to go over but thats some heavy juice to be layin. No way in hell I play the under though no matter what.

How long have they been able to pick their own pitcher? I thought they just used the home teams BP guys

<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="1" cellpadding="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;">
Winner of 2008 HR <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Derby</st1:place></st1:City> will play for which League
Mon 7/14 5:00PM (PST)<o:p></o:p>
<table class="MsoNormalTable" border="1" cellpadding="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> 1 American League <o:p></o:p>
</td> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> -140 <o:p></o:p>
</td></tr> <tr> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> 2 National League <o:p></o:p>
</td> <td style="padding: 0.75pt;"> +110 <o:p></o:p>
</td></tr></tbody></table>​
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Like the AL's lineup better from 1-4...as they'll have a 2 LHB advantage. But then again, all that talk last year about how LHB's would crush @ Pac Bell's short porch proved to be shit (Howard, Fielder, etc)

i think its been since the all-star game in colorado when everyone was expecting big mac to just go off and the guy pitchin to him was rushing through his pitches, not letting him get in rhythm and completely fucked mcgwire over. thats the first time i remmeber the issue of who the pitcher was coming up.

Back