High School Recruit Julio Jones

wow, his own website? he's gonna be a bigger nutcase than T.O. and Moss combined. should be a good one though. who is after that kid?

wow, his own website? he's gonna be a bigger nutcase than T.O. and Moss combined. should be a good one though. who is after that kid?
i saw at another site that texas, florida, ohio state and a few other big schools have planned visits for him. amazing player. go to google and type his name in, or even youtube and check out some of his highlights.....amazing.

cruzer (from pitt) told me about him and i've been followin him ever since.

Did you see this guy's website? I quote from the front page:

"Terrelle Pryor has a chance to be a special player. Terrelle Pryor is a Native of Pittsburgh-area. Terrelle Pryor will make mid-range shots and uses his body to his advantage. Terrelle Pryor is a physical small forward, Terrelle Pryor is primarily a scoring threat in the mid-range area and around the rim. Terrelle Pryor is also a strong defender and rebounder. An unselfish player, Terrelle Pryor does a nice job of passing the ball, but he does need to refine his perimeter offensive skills. - 8/28/2006"

Whoever wrote that needs writing classes... sounds terrible.

Jordan Todman (RB)
Dartmouth High School MA

remember that name. Kid is lightening.

i saw at another site that texas, florida, ohio state and a few other big schools have planned visits for him. amazing player. go to google and type his name in, or even youtube and check out some of his highlights.....amazing.

cruzer (from pitt) told me about him and i've been followin him ever since.
Hes already eliminated Texas.

Pryor is not the #1 Bball player in the nation. And depending on who you ask either he or Julio Jones is the #1 football player in the country.
ok i'll give you hes not the #1 basketball, that is all hear say. BUT the kid IS THE #1 football recruit in the country, hands down...not even close

Pryor is number 1 almost everywhere... he plays for a school right out side of pgh... kid is insane... wvu, ohio state, pitt, psu all after him hard... not sure where hes gonna go.. but ive seen him play hoops live and he dropped like 30.. basically shit on everyone.. and in the WPIAL Champ game this year at Hinez Field his team won 62-14 i think lol

I watched him play my alma mater in the playoffs a few weeks ago. He was triple teamed with a LB,CB, and safety all night and still put up numbers. He is a manchild. He will have to improve his route running next year imo. He has all the tools to be a Calvin Johnson type.

Pryor is number 1 almost everywhere... he plays for a school right out side of pgh... kid is insane... wvu, ohio state, pitt, psu all after him hard... not sure where hes gonna go.. but ive seen him play hoops live and he dropped like 30.. basically shit on everyone.. and in the WPIAL Champ game this year at Hinez Field his team won 62-14 i think lol

I saw him last weekend he played at one of my friends schools it was one of those neutral field games. He is as good as advertised. When he played saftey and he tackled to running back he threw him 4 yards backyard. I have heard that he has plans to go to tOSU because he is very family oriented and does not want to go far away. Also, his girlfriend of 1 year 3 months is going to tOSU, i don't think it was a coicidence. I have gotten a strong word that he is going to tOSU. If there are any SEC fans out there that want Pryor to go to school in teh south, i wouldn't get too excited because the next highest school on his list is WVU because of the offense they run.

Pryor eliminated Pitt from his list because pitt said they wanted to make him a swing player that had no one specialized skill. So that eliminated pitt because he wants to speicalize at a specific position.

He eliminated Penn State because he said that Paterno would not let Pryor be a two sport star.

Hope he puts on some weight in the offseason b/c he would get thrown around at teh next level.

Sam McGuffie may decommit depending on who is the next coach at UM.

I've seen him play..he is NOT the white Reggie Bush. The Cy-Fair (his school) offensive line is a great unit and their offense will put several players on D-1 teams. I believe 1 offensive lineman is already committed to Texas A&M and Cy-Fair has another RB/FB that will field several scholarships from good programs. As for McGuffie, he would be better suited as a slot receiver in a spread offense like Florida. But if he wants to go to UM and eventually realize he isn't a Big 10 quality RB, more power to him...

Pryor is basically down to tOSU, WVU, and Tenny...

Supposedly he's down to WVU and tOSU and will announce on Dec 24th acc to article yesterday..

He changes daily though..

I follow him daily...

Jones goes to Bama IMO..and he's fucking sick.

Pryor is a 5 star in basketball. Lowest Bball 5 star on Rivals but he should just stick with football. His vids are sick but my concerns with him are his competition cuz PA football ain't Texas football. VY played against the best but he still had a long way to go and some serious growing pains before he became a good college QB. Pryor looks pretty raw just like VY was coming into college. The athleticism is obviously there but in all the vids I've watched hes playing guys half his size. Hes gotta put on some pounds too. I'd be surprised if he didn't go to Ohio State.

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't go to tOSU as well...he's fairly close w/ Lamaar Thomas...and has been in contact w/ Michael Brewster....

I honestly think Pryor and Josh Jenkins both choose tOSU over WVU..

I think Shaun Hale and Saddler choose WVU though.

been watching a lot of recruiting videos of 4 and 5 star kids..let me tell yall that you alumni/fans of these magnet big schools are spoiled with these super-freak athletes. quit being greedy - yall need to share with ttu.

I was hearin some stuff about Julio Jones and TTU. Him and Crabtree on the field would be hilarious in that offense. Crabtree was a pretty good prospect, certainly better than any WR that TTU usually recruits, but not a national freak or anything... and look at what he did in that offense. Jones would put up some sick sick numbers. Leach just might stick around in Lubbock if he lands Jones.

Crabtree shows what a Leach system can do w/ a WR....any WR recruit has to open his eyes to that..

What's the downside?...still facing big 12 talent..not Conf USA.

every off-season, the rumors start with Coach Leach..
Coach Leach to arkansas, ucla, you name the job and coach leach is being considered for it. i personally wouldnt mind if he left because i believe our system is in place. he can take his playbook with him to wherever he goes, but we still have a competent staff that can run the offense to his approval. if leach left, maybe we could focus more attention to the defensive side of the ball... but all in all, leach and tech both know that it is a good fit for him.

the stands are filled with leach at the helm and the administration makes that $$$. his daughter is in med school here, theres no traffic, he has 100% control of the program without a lot of pressure. we have a couple of salty defensive prospects coming in to shore up our young d-line. couple that with getting looks from a few highly touted recruits line J. Jones and a few others, and maybe tech can start competing with the big boys in recruiting. just a hopeful thought...

albyman,
i see where people get off on calling Lubbock a craphole. it sort of is, it sort of isnt. although im from houston and appreciate what the big city has to offer, lubbock isnt all that bad. for a family man like leach, lubbock makes sense. people have their stereotypes and opinions and it will always be like that. mack brown might want to move his family out of austin because of all the Yag people..come on..

lubbock and austin are the only 2 cities in the big 12 to have their own public airports. its not the best city, but its not as bad as yall advertise it.

albyman,
i see where people get off on calling Lubbock a craphole. it sort of is, it sort of isnt. although im from houston and appreciate what the big city has to offer, lubbock isnt all that bad. for a family man like leach, lubbock makes sense. people have their stereotypes and opinions and it will always be like that. mack brown might want to move his family out of austin because of all the Yag people..come on..

lubbock and austin are the only 2 cities in the big 12 to have their own public airports. its not the best city, but its not as bad as yall advertise it.
Calm down homes. Look at the question I was replying to. He was wondering why a WR recruit wouldn't be interested in that offense when hes still playing in the big 12. I said Lubbock. I wasn't talking about Leach. I think Leach is probably pretty comfortable with his situation in Lubbock too. But its different for hot shot recruits.

I'd put anything i could find for the next 10 years on the fact that Jones will not be at TT.

JJ is a stud, cavlin johnson type. He constantly beats triple coverage. He is a jump ball type of guy with 4.5 speed. 6-4 210 now, probably will be 225-230 in the NFL. I've seen him play a couple of times, and I've seriously been in awe.

What is so great about this guy, though, is that he is so humble. He's quiet and from what i hear has a ridiculous work ethic. He has the potential to do whatever he wants and name his salary.

It was bama vs FSU all year, early, but I can only imagine bama lost all chances when the season went downhill. Can't see him coming into a program without a QB. Star Jackson will take a couple of years to mature. I don't think JJ will want to wait on that. Hopefully he is a homer.

Why do you believe TT doesn't have a shot?
You say he is an NFL guy. Wes Welker is a Tech NFL guy. Michael Crabtree will be a Tech NFL guy. He's obviously going to leave school when he is eligible for the NFL, why not put up gawdy numbers at TT like Crabtree? I don't think he would oppose catching passes from Graham Harrell. Only time will tell. What do you think about Bama's bowl game?

has nothing to do with the TT program. Although, facilities are so crucial when it comes to recruits. When guys see the facilities at the most funded schools, its hard to get them at smaller market programs. to be honest though, i have no idea about TTs facilites, im being an ass and assuming they aren't top tier.

I see his priorities as being...

close to home
start as a freshman
decent QB
top facilities
win a conference or nat. champ. in 3 years

If he likes the small town feel then Tech may appeal to him. The scary part is that OU applies for everything on that list except for proximity to home. I hope to God he doesn't go to OU. Hes got a scheduled visit there. I'm kinda hoping he goes to Tech just for entertainment factor of seeing him in that offense except when they play UT. In all reality, hes prob SEC all the way. His vids are crazy. Body control is just nuts. He'll be an instant star wherever he goes and prob gone in 3 years. Pryor will be a redshirt and 4 or 5 year program guy.

I don't think its the small town feel that attracts these kids from these southern black homes. I think its their families. I don't claim to know this kid, but I'm assuming his momma and his grandma don't want him going away. That's why bama and auburn and fsu have the best shot.

I wish signing day was here too. Saban went on a tear earlier in the year and got a great class started, I'm afraid he better do a lot better to keep these verbals he already has...

Jones was at the UGA @ UA game (lost in OT) and the UA vs FSU game in Jax (the very next week - got stomped all over the field). I don't like our chances.

All I know is that Julio Jones is the top WR prospect in the nation and one of the top prospects to come around in awhile. Great size, speed and hands but needs to improve route running, but he is only a senior in HS so he has tons of time to improve that. As for Pryor he is an excellent football player but Steed he is not the top basketball prospect(that would be Greg Monroe who committed to Georgetown), he is ranked in the top 30 though which is simply outstanding for someone who has a better shot at making the NFL than the NBA as he played SF/PF in basketball and he is only 6"6.

If he makes a trip to Minneapolis, he'll beg to stay...
Minny's program is so bad that Tim Brewster couldn't even convince his own son to come play for him. Nolan committed to UT, then waffled cuz of his dad wantin him to come to Minny, but now hes canceled his visit to Minny and is solid to UT.

Back