Hey, Dallas

If I were Jerry Jones I'd offer to trade the Browns back their #1 for their 2009 #1. They'll fuck up a season sooner or later.

Yes but the Browns traded there first away for a position they don't need.

What the hell are you going to do with both Anderson and Quinn?

For parties interested in Anderson, since he is a restricted free agent the browns stand to get 1st round and 3rd round pick.

Browns have been contacted by Carolina and Chicago to this point. SO those are two picks i wouldn't mind having if i were the browns.

I still like the way Cleveland drafted last season, Joe Thomas alone gets them an A. But enjoy not having a 1st rounder next season.

:cheers:

draft picks are finally starting to pay off. Not to mention Kamerion Wimbley leading team in sacks again, Eric Wright 2nd round pick contributing very much this season, and Brandon McDonald 4th round pick is contributing as well this year by having two key 3rd down knockdowns.:tiphat:

Man, this thread really turned into something.

The good news is that it involves two teams I can talk about all day long.

For the Browns, yeah, Quinn may not work out, but without doing what they did with Quinn they likely wouldn't have found out about Anderson. You have to remember, Anderson barely made the team, and that's not an exaggeration.

So when they threw him into the mix after the first half of the first game it wasn't really to save the season, it was because they wanted to see if he could warm the seat for Brady for even a few more weeks. That he worked out like he did is just a bonus.

Now the Browns have depth at the position and if you want Derek Anderson you're going to have to pay a pretty penny for him.

So, from my standpoint, especially given their recent draft success, not even including two corners this year, McDonald and Wright, the 2007 Browns draft is an overwhelming success.

The Eagles, on the other hand, unfortunately can't say the same. Their recent drafts have been average to poor and last year they traded down to take a long shot on a QB they may not even need.

The Eagles have pressing needs, ones they cannot seem able to address through the draft, ever, unless it's along the offensive line. Which is nice, but we've seen how far that gets you.

I don't like Dallas much, well, at all, but at least they seem to be able to fill some holes through the draft, particularly in their front seven which the Eagles couldn't do if their lives depended on it.

It was funny to see that smug look on Andy Reid's face when he thought he burned us by trading that pick to us and now we got a very solid guy in Spencer

Back