Heres the Plays for Thursday

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
You know I hate Thursdays. Hit Lakers huge last week. Cannot resist this week either. I was going to write them up now but had a few site related isues to work out which zapped up my time for now. I will be back in either 90 minutes or in morning with full analysis.

Detroit +7.5 -111 3 units
New Jersey +2.5 -105 3 units

Figured you would be on DET not cause your a Mich guy but then line stood out and I didnt think you would miss it. Not sure about NJ though.....this PHO team is SOur about that beatdown they took there last year. I believe Nash said something LIKE BELIEVE THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN....

W/e, I'm in such depression about that over that I threw all my winnings on the Wizards on Pistons +7.5

This is bad luck for you as I have worse luck that Killa

i missed your 3 unit play on the wiz, big al...i'm looking closely on both of these plays... liking nj on the surface... good luck, bro. :shake:

Pho may never get run out of the building again but this is the same situation that Dallas was just on remember Nut. Plus, NJ settled down and slightly outplayed PHO for the last 3 quarters a few games ago. Mike D' aint gonna gas out Nash tonight to only let them get out hustled in Boston... I expect them to really trust their bench.

Has NJ ever needed it more? Plus, a classic fade play. Early #'s have that scary 70%+ consesus on Phoenix. I'm going to wait but I may hit this for 10 units.

Good luck BAR let's do this.

Inspekdah said:
Pho may never get run out of the building again but this is the same situation that Dallas was just on remember Nut. Plus, NJ settled down and slightly outplayed PHO for the last 3 quarters a few games ago. Mike D' aint gonna gas out Nash tonight to only let them get out hustled in Boston... I expect them to really trust their bench.

Has NJ ever needed it more? Plus, a classic fade play. Early #'s have that scary 70%+ consesus on Phoenix. I'm going to wait but I may hit this for 10 units.

Good luck BAR let's do this.

I dont disagree this line seems a little fat had Dal -3.5 and think Dal is slightily better then Pho. I didnt really watch much of that 1st meeting but I see Suns 43 -42 for the 2nd and 3rd Q's so on paper I dont see them being outplayed...there basically down 20 in the 4th so do they get credit for a comeback? Honestly cant say.

Has NJ ever needed it more? Yeah , a week ago in Boston. You should check into Vince's status though he didnt look right last game. Probably gonna sit this one out unless we see 4 or something. I cant be suprised the nets looked putrid last game and Suns great so the consensus seems obvious.

I dont think NJ is a bad play but they just have issues . GL bro will chat tmrw...the card stinks....

GL friend. Im on NJ as well. Just too much wins for PHO and too low for NJ in this spot. Nash is little hurting with hand and they have again nice schedule before them on road to grab wins. Nets are veteran team and must bounce back ASAP.

thx, BAR.
tailed you today w/ Washington...so blindly tailing you again tomorrow on these two. all plays for 1/2 units...but i got NJ +3, and DET +7.
you'll have to forgive me, cuz baskets is the one thing i don't know a fuck about...so if i'm gonna care, it'll be blind tailing all the way.

(btw...off topic, but UM is so close to being a pickem.)
thx again for some action. what can i say, i was bored earlier today.

Yanks....I am letting that get to PK and will hit it hard. As far as NBA glad I can help. Shit, as Rasheed says...even the sun shines on a dogs ass...guess thats my predicament.

Rogi...totally agree bud. Good to see you have similar sentiments

Spek...excellent points which i was going discuss somewhat in my write-up

Nut...I haven't had a Detroit feel all year...but this one i have a great feel for. I spent about 2 hours yesterday just on this team and feel real good about it. I understand looking at last years game at Meadowlands. I also think most of that frustration was already taken out. Nets need this win much moreso

Detroit @ Dallas

The Stons got thouroughly embarrassed here last year. It was the end of a brutal stretch of games and they had no gas left. I remember hitting Dallas pretty big at 2.5 last November. I don't forsee the same scenario this time.

Detroit was hottest team in league until Sunday. Since then they have produced listless efforts against the Bobcats and Blazers. They were semi mad after the Charlotte game. They were extremely pissed after the Portland game. I would label it total disgust in all honesty. This is the kind of spot Detroit teams have thrived in for many years.

Detroit started out the season very sloppy defensively. Now, they are not the stalwart they once were but they have improved. Funny thing, they basically yield the same numbers this year as last sans Ben Wallace. It just doesn't look that way. The big difference lately has been having Dale Davis on the floor a bit more. The team was something like +34 with him on court this year preceding the Portland game. Nazr brings offense and double d brings defense.

The bench is slowly rounding into a consistent form as well. Flip Murray should get more comfortable as he will receive heavier minutes with Lindsey out for awhile. Delfino has been getting 15 mpg and has been damn good at times and inconsistent at others. Dice does his thing per usual.

Now, for this game. I think you will see an extremely crisp Detroit performance. Excellent matchup with Howard and Prince. The interesting one is Dirk and Sheed. We'll see how things shape out. I'll take the Detroit backcourt to be huge though and i think they will utilize Rasheed more early and often this game. When he plays big they win. Bottom line. The talk around here is that if they go to him too much early he isn't able to do it in 4th qtr. Thats bullshit. Although it would explain the huge 4th qtrs he has had this season.

I look for a prime Detroit performance in what should be a very good game. A lot of points in this spot IMO.

BIgAl. Like the Stones play. I'm not sure they can necessarily go and win in Dallas right now, but that is a hell of alot of points to give to a "championship" type squad.

As far as the Nets go, well fuck them. I was saying they had must wins two weeks ago when they went into Seattle and Portland and got their asses handed to them. I don't care how veteran that team is I'm done betting on them. My rule #1 for the 2006-07 season is their is NO must win for any Atlantic Conference team. Anybody could win that thing and it probably won't take more than 38 wins to do it.

Jpicks...I am contradicting myself playing the Nets as I swore off them..lol. I lost the same two games. This feels like a typical into the middle of season NBA trap game. Do you remember Phoenix at Atlanta last year? Opened like 4 and i think closed 6...everyone and their lesbo sister was on Suns..I think me..maybe BDK and like 2 percent of wold had Hawks..easy winner.

I agree DEtroit may not win. I just expect a supreme effort and that 7.5 should be gold in a game that goes to last 3 minutes.

So I am fucked..lol

You missed Monday and Wed...3-0 plus like 6 or 7 units

Now..were fucked...lol

Nah..I think we'll get em tonight RJ. These plays are pretty strong in all honesty

easy win by us yesterday on the wiz bar....cheers to that!!!.....i think i'll take detroit but i'll be on phx...pitt and the over look good in the nfl man...gl!!

tailing you on the stons..

thanks for providing me with winners chief, since I hate betting on NBA with a passion.

B.A.R. said:
So I am fucked..lol

You missed Monday and Wed...3-0 plus like 6 or 7 units

Now..were fucked...lol

Nah..I think we'll get em tonight RJ. These plays are pretty strong in all honesty

Fuck you, Coach Hayes.

BAR,

are you worried about the Pistons being out on a night in the town last night and shopping for wives etc? you have to consider this in your capping angle.

I follow this system closely.

I think the Nets might have done everything in there poewr to not cover the spread... I thinkt hey are officially on my NO BET list either way from now on

thanks for the winner my brotha.

Inspekdah, I try not to fuck with Phoenix games unless they are a dog.

Back