Here we go ... ACC vs Maryland ... $$$$$$$$

But back to the ACC imploding ...

If GT goes, UVa will go with them. Best case scenario IMO. Hello, bitches. Here come the Heels to the $EC along with VT.

Heels would never lose another basketball game or win another football game. VT wouldn't win in either sport.... VT to SEC = does bud foster want the job?

would u like that?

Not really, but if my beloved ACC implodes, I'd rather go South than North. It's all about recruiting. UNC would finally be able to do what they haven't been able to do in thirty years and that is get the majority of the really good recruits in-state who defect 95% of the time for schools like Tenn, Clemson, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida. Not to mention, personally, I have zero interest in attending home football games against the majority of B1G teams.

Heels would never lose another basketball game or win another football game. VT wouldn't win in either sport.... VT to SEC = does bud foster want the job?

Extreme on both parts, but I certainly get your point. UNC would immediately compete with Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Miss St, Auburn, Arkansas and Missouri. South Carolina would have to start looking else where for "parts" (please do not take this literally, ETG) and would be the most directly hit from UNC joining the conference. They recruit Fayetteville and Charlotte as if they were in the state of SC. I imagine it would be a very long time before UNC could compete for a title. But, hey, if USC can get out of the basement anyone can.

Now I'm hearing Larry Fedora will be interviewed today for the UT job in NY. He certainly hasn't come out and said he isn't interested. UNC might as well go to Div 1-AA if they lose a coach to those has beens.

I wouldn't mind if UNC came to the SEC.

I think the 2 schools should play every year as it is.

Would be a dose of reality for the UNC folks though. They would no longer have their suits running the conference politics.

Look ... the conferences are important too ... teams bailing on conferences means that conferences are dissolving.. they need protection from this type of stuff. They then make a penalty for leaving. That penalty is voted on by the conference programs. If you don't like that they raised it than leave for the lesser amount. It's a choice. You guys seem to want the programs to just be able to do whatever they want and disregard whatever they want.

Yep, agree completely.

And that's why I expect the exit fee will hold up in court. It's not an illegal "penalty". It's a statement of commitment. Either you're in, or you're out, and the other conference members have to know.

Now, it's possible that the by-laws may not support the ACC's position, but the common-law prohibition on provisions for liquidated damages that amount to a penalty should not come into play. Technically, it's not even dealing with a breach of the contract, so the "penalty" concept may not even apply. If, however, Maryland doesn't pay the exit fee, it is a breach -- and guess what? The Big 10 might find itself on the hook for tortious interference with contract and, potentially, actual and punitive damages payable to the ACC.

I mean if they disagreed what were they to do the season? seriously.

Say they're leaving! And do it -- effective as of June 20, 2014, in accordance with the bylaws. And until then, they play a conference schedule, get their share of conference revenue, etc.

Back