Help for Monday night

I took Green Bay. Aaaron Rodgers wants nothing more than to prove that getting rid of Favre wasn't such a bad move. That team is still solid and I think Minny will continue to struggle playing at GB.

Also, just look at the forum and read some posts and you'll have all the help you need. :shake:

I like GB better tonight. Minnesota is an ok team. The only thing they really have is a good RB and a good D-line IMO. They have no WR's, their QB is not that good. On the other side, you got the packers at home on MNF, rodgers is a decent QB so far, has really good WR's. Their D is ok, they should be fired up. The betting public is on the Vikes. So, you got the public backing a road dog on MNF......not a good sign IMO.

Raiders should also take it at home tonight.

BOL

I took Green Bay. Aaaron Rodgers wants nothing more than to prove that getting rid of Favre wasn't such a bad move. That team is still solid and I think Minny will continue to struggle playing at GB.

Also, just look at the forum and read some posts and you'll have all the help you need. :shake:

Green Bay is the play here. Should be a close game won by the home team. Aaron Rodgers will do just fine, alot of check downs and bootlegs to escape the pressure. He will put the ball in the hands of his receivers and let them do the work.

Loving GB here myself. Tavaris on the road against a great Packer D is a scary thing.....line has moved from -3 to -1.....I expect Green Bay to use a balanced attack and get it done.

Also liking Oakland at home. Cutler is without his best target....evenly matched game, gotta go w/ the home team + the 3.

You need help for Monday night? No, I need help! My supposedly awesome WR corps in fantasy of Colston, Holt, and Holmes combined for a total of five points. I now need Cutler to put up 27 points in order to win.

But to help you, I lean Green Bay and under. Lambeau Field + GB has a good DL to keep AP in-check + Minny will provide a stout test for GB's offense both running and passing.

berrian and rice are good WRs. MINN is going to dominate the trenches on both sides. not saying i'd bet them, but i don't like going against teams with the best OL and DL in football

I agree in most part with Tide High.

Let me preface this post by saying, I took MIN when the line was at +3 and bought it up to +3.5 @ -130 almost a week ago. Here was my reasoning:
<O:p
To say MIN has no WRs is border-line ignorant. With the constant run-attack by AP and CT, I expect GB's quick footed secondary to bite up on the run often, leaving the middle of the field open for Berrian and Rice. My only real concern for MIN is at QB. T. Jackson threw 12 INTs and only 9 TDs last season. I think that ratio continues tonight with at least 1 INT for every TD. But as long as he is finding his WRs with consistent 10-15 yd passes, GB safeties & CBs will have to stay at home, and the AP / CT ground assault will dominate. Barring any catastrophic INTs to blow the game, I think MIN gets it done. MIN has all the necessary weapons to win this game. They've got a clear advantage with the O-Line and run game, two very talented (although ailing) wide receivers, and a solid defense (38 sacks, 22 fumbles, 15 INTs in 2007).
While GB has talent, home field advantage, and the upper hand in previous meetings, I worry about Aaron Rodgers reliability in this situation. In the two games he played last season, Rodgers threw 71% (20 for 28) for 1 TD and no INTs. IMO, although mostly untested, his arm is not the problem. It's his feet. In ’07 Rodgers was sacked 3 times in two games for -24 yds. He ended up scrambling from the pocket 7 times, averaging 4yds each run. He was sacked 5 times in the ‘08 preseason for -34yds. I haven’t watched him closely, but it seems to me Rodgers isn’t very comfortable in the pocket. And MIN’s d-line is going to make it increasingly more difficult to sit in and deliver crisp passes. I think Rodgers eats grass early and often, lowering his confidence level and his patience in the pocket. Prime time MNF and a relatively untested, frazzled and unconfident quarterback is a recipe for self-destruction.
Just my $0.02

Back