• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Did The NFL/REFS Cheat For KC In The Superbowl?! I Really Wanna Hear Your Thoughts!

The funny thing is Sam Smith talked in his Jordan Rules book about how playoff ref assignments in the early 90s would tell the Bulls if they were being allowed to close out a series. NBA definitely had a few of those guys in their pocket to stretch it out an extra game or two.

The funny thing is Sam Smith talked in his Jordan Rules book about how playoff ref assignments in the early 90s would tell the Bulls if they were being allowed to close out a series. NBA definitely had a few of those guys in their pocket to stretch it out an extra game or two.
Gentleman's sweep

NFL also has its henchmen. The road ref for Chiefs in Baltimore. Clete Blakeman

Just sickening. I know I make this point every time this topic comes up but it's just sickening. Pro and college sports could be so cool and awesome -- all those amazing athletes competing with each other! -- if the bosses would just be glad being super wealthy instead of super super wealthy.

I am not saying the NFL cheats, I am just saying the team they want to win just coincidentally wins the super bowl a lot, long before the Chiefs were the team. Coincidences happen all the time.

SAC LAL hahaha

Its ridiculous that NFL referees have full time jobs. I realize they don't work that often with so few games but with the money the league is making these guys should be full time employees.

Its ridiculous that NFL referees have full time jobs. I realize they don't work that often with so few games but with the money the league is making these guys should be full time employees.
Quite honestly what could they do for the 5 days a week they aren't traveling or doing a game?

Maybe you could require them to do college or high school games in the city their designated to but what about the back judges and line judges that make a fraction of the head refs? They're obviously paid on a per game basis but think I saw that the had to do high level games for at least 10 years before being considered by the NFL.

I am not saying the NFL cheats, I am just saying the team they want to win just coincidentally wins the super bowl a lot, long before the Chiefs were the team. Coincidences happen all the time.

SAC LAL hahaha
Tony siragusa intentionally injures gannon in afc ship

No discipline

Brady fumbles

Overturned

@twinkie13 saints team most obvious PI

Rams superbowl

NFL definitely has their favorites

That was a damn good Lakers team.

But, they weren't as dominant as '00 and '01

Sacramento was AWESOME, and probably one of the most enjoyable teams to watch of the last 25-30 years. The passing with Webb and Vlade inside was spectacular.

The thing is, Game 4 in LA was a complete flip in the series. This is the infamous Horry 3 at the buzzer off the top out. Without that, I don't think the league could have worked their magic.

Sacramento was the better team that year, just by a few slivers.

BUT

LA had Kobe and Shaq, the two best players on the court (Cwebb 3rd). Game 7 goes to OT at Arco and having great players won out.

The shame was the foul fest in G6.

Lakers 40-25 in FTAs and FIFTEEN of those were in the last 3 mins.

Truly great series though.

2002 Sacramento and 1992 Portland are easily the best teams that didn't win a 'ship since 1990.
Theres youtube videos that break down the 4th quarter so well

If anyone hasnt seen

Its criminal

The fact the kings didnt go even more nuts is commendable

Quite honestly what could they do for the 5 days a week they aren't traveling or doing a game?

Maybe you could require them to do college or high school games in the city their designated to but what about the back judges and line judges that make a fraction of the head refs? They're obviously paid on a per game basis but think I saw that the had to do high level games for at least 10 years before being considered by the NFL.
Pay them to practice and train

Watch games

you could quintuple their pay and it would show up as a decimal rounding error in the budget it would barely be noticed

Some of the responses are just insane in this thread.

Chiefs were top 3 in penalties this year and top 5 in worst net penalty yardage. Chiefs had more penalty yardage in the SB than SF.

Wtf are we even talking about here. Since Mahomes came in the league they are 31st in net penalty yardage.

I mean they do keep track of this shit you know. If only the narratives had factual backing you might have something here.

Makes even less sense when KC got called for a defensive holding in Overtime on 3rd and 13 which would have brought up 4th down and the Chiefs could have come down and kicked a FG for the win if it’s “rigged”. You’d think the riggers woulda let that one slide.

Chiefs were top 3 in penalties this year and top 5 in worst net penalty yardage. Chiefs had more penalty yardage in the SB than SF.

Wtf are we even talking about here. Since Mahomes came in the league they are 31st in net penalty yardage.

I mean they do keep track of this shit you know. If only the narratives had factual backing you might have something here.

Makes even less sense when KC got called for a defensive holding in Overtime on 3rd and 13 which would have brought up 4th down and the Chiefs could have come down and kicked a FG for the win if it’s “rigged”. You’d think the riggers woulda let that one slide.
Nothing will ever have a stronger bond than sports gambling and conspiracy theories. They were a match made in hell.

Watch games

you could quintuple their pay and it would show up as a decimal rounding error in the budget it would barely be noticed
Practice what? Train like workout?

Watch games like doing film work for a few days?

I don't care about the pay, none of that would make them any better, it would likely just make the better ones do something else that pays better, they seem do be highly qualified in other aspects of life to make a great living.

Practice what? Train like workout?

Watch games like doing film work for a few days?

I don't care about the pay, none of that would make them any better, it would likely just make the better ones do something else that pays better, they seem do be highly qualified in other aspects of life to make a great living.
Workout yes, why shouldnt they have minimum fitness requirements

They should also be watching film and be going over mistakes, good calls etc.

Help train future refs etc.

Pay would make them better, how is that an argument? More money would bring in better candidates, it being a full time job would make them better candidates

Give them bonuses for clean games etc.

Every other professional league has full time refs

I remember steritore was a college basketball ref as his 2nd job, you think the nfl couldnt have paid him enough money to not do that during weekdays?

That kinda stuff doesnt prove anything though

Not saying this game was fixed, it wasnt

But listen to donaghy talk about the nba, or italian refs who got caught fixing serie b games

It's not constant calls, its correct calls at the right time or on the right people

To pretend that every team is reffed the same is just as insane as some of the responses here though

Workout yes, why shouldnt they have minimum fitness requirements

They should also be watching film and be going over mistakes, good calls etc.

Help train future refs etc.

Pay would make them better, how is that an argument? More money would bring in better candidates, it being a full time job would make them better candidates

Give them bonuses for clean games etc.

Every other professional league has full time refs

I remember steritore was a college basketball ref as his 2nd job, you think the nfl couldnt have paid him enough money to not do that during weekdays?
They can obviously pay them whatever they want to but there are only so many ref positions and games to have a full blown full time academy of people training to be refs.

The fitness requirements are fine, they might already do that for all I know. As for the academies they also might be involved with those, it's hard to know much since the CBA will always keep that under lock and key. But I'd think a referee academy is something you could do a couple weekends a month in the offseason. I simply am not sure what these people could possibly fill their time up with when they only have one game a week that they're responsible for.

Most recent I could find was this but it's pretty much guesswork. The $40-$50k for the SB, not sure if that's for the head ref or for all involved.

Penalty yardage stats are worthless here. It's so easy to call shit the other way when it doesn't matter to even it out. High leverage penalty stats would be interesting, but the sample sizes are so small.

I would just like to see holding called, period. The defenses are hamstrung so much already and it makes it virtually impossible to stop a team for 4 downs if the offense can hold like crazy and has a really good qb.

Watch games

I mentioned this at least a decade ago on here, and many times after that. It makes no sense they don’t work/train/study all week for the NFL.

I also think they should open a training academy for officials. The officials now could spend time training students. I thought they should go after ex-college and pro players as they’d be just out of the game and conceivably be able to “stay with” the speed of the game as they’re younger, more athletic, and again just out of the game themselves.

The only way that works is if the NFL compensates them well enough to do that, which as you said would be meaningless on the bottom line for the NFL.

We’ve definitely had this convo more than a few times…the NFL doesn’t necessarily want the officials to mess up, but they certainly do like the controversy and having the NFL being talked about by everyone when those calls/situations happen. It seems safe to assume the NFL doesn’t want to fix the “officiating issue” or they could easily do so as we’ve just mentioned by paying them big salaries and having them train, go over and get tested on rules, visit practices and get work in that way, etc. There is an obvious solution, and them not even attempting it seems to mean they’re okay with sub-par officiating because the controversy is good for the league.

Pat is the new Tom. And we’re seeing some big time superstar treatment for their teams. This isn’t arguable. 0 holds in 13 quarters is mathematically impossible. And when there’s dozens of egregiously bad calls by linemen who all season committed holds you can see the narrative on full display. Then add in the media coverage not even talking about. And the picture is very clear.

They don’t miss the hold on the best LT in the league but the turnstyles for KC don’t get called once in 3 years.

It’s 2000 Lakers. Tuck rule Brady. Redo third down against Joe Cool. Etc.

I mentioned this at least a decade ago on here, and many times after that. It makes no sense they don’t work/train/study all week for the NFL.

I also think they should open a training academy for officials. The officials now could spend time training students. I thought they should go after ex-college and pro players as they’d be just out of the game and conceivably be able to “stay with” the speed of the game as they’re younger, more athletic, and again just out of the game themselves.

The only way that works is if the NFL compensates them well enough to do that, which as you said would be meaningless on the bottom line for the NFL.

We’ve definitely had this convo more than a few times…the NFL doesn’t necessarily want the officials to mess up, but they certainly do like the controversy and having the NFL being talked about by everyone when those calls/situations happen. It seems safe to assume the NFL doesn’t want to fix the “officiating issue” or they could easily do so as we’ve just mentioned by paying them big salaries and having them train, go over and get tested on rules, visit practices and get work in that way, etc. There is an obvious solution, and them not even attempting it seems to mean they’re okay with sub-par officiating because the controversy is good for the league.

This 100. NFL doesn’t want the game to be officiated perfectly. If they could turn the sport over to AI to officiate, they wouldn’t.

Just sickening. I know I make this point every time this topic comes up but it's just sickening. Pro and college sports could be so cool and awesome -- all those amazing athletes competing with each other! -- if the bosses would just be glad being super wealthy instead of super super wealthy.
That's the thing about greed. Never enough.

Great post Jedi you’ve been on a roll.
The sub par reffing leads to more randomness. The fact the cameras can be as incredibly high tech for replay seemingly when the NFL wants and then awful the same way.

If you're ever bored look up Tony the Fixer Corrente's officiating history in the PAC 12 and NFL LOL ...

The NFL employs YES MEN/WOMEN/THEY/THEM to manipulate desired games ...The "3 blind mice routine has been going on since 2000/2001( just one basic M.O.)

Why would a gazillion $$$ business hire part time employees with horrific officiating ratings /resumes ??

We both have. A lot in the past 10-15 years.

So much profit in the NFL (and college) and yet we've seen it get worse.

Full time employees, with full training schedules.

This is so easy, that they can't figure it out.

I remember some definite point shaving before the Falcons-Patriots Super Bowl.

Back then I only used Blankets. This guy with a Manhattan Jaspers avatar came telling us to bet on UC Davis because it was a sure thing, he had insider info, and he would cover our losses if it didn't hit. UCSB had all these injuries and was the far inferior team, etc. I remember following the game and UC Davis would keep getting a promising lead before the score would drop again, and this pattern would repeatedly continue until they didn't actually cover. He really fucked us all...lucky for his bookie piece of shit self I believed that another guy was a time traveler so I wagered astronomically more than usual on Pats and over parlay to compensate lol

We both have. A lot in the past 10-15 years.

So much profit in the NFL (and college) and yet we've seen it get worse.

Full time employees, with full training schedules.

This is so easy, that they can't figure it out.

Yes, it hasn't just been me, hope it didn't come across that way. I know though that I used to, and have hammered on this topic for many, many years. I can't look them up to see how far back the posts go....wink, wink.

This officiating issue and the "common sense" coach have been my hills to die on for 10+ years. And AMAZINGLY, outside of a few teams that seem to finally get the "common sense" parts of the game, there has been virtually ZERO change to either of these things. It's literally been over a decade and here we still are.

It’s not even worth complaining about at this point or id have no energy left. Playoff and SB football is a different sport. Aimed at pleasing mainly non fan viewers. There’s no incentive to not hold every single play. Bosa got tackled from behind running after someone by an OL.
Yup I saw the montage of holding by KC that was not called, was somewhere in the 6-7 range. Pretty obvious ones too

That was a damn good Lakers team.

But, they weren't as dominant as '00 and '01

Sacramento was AWESOME, and probably one of the most enjoyable teams to watch of the last 25-30 years. The passing with Webb and Vlade inside was spectacular.

The thing is, Game 4 in LA was a complete flip in the series. This is the infamous Horry 3 at the buzzer off the top out. Without that, I don't think the league could have worked their magic.

Sacramento was the better team that year, just by a few slivers.

BUT

LA had Kobe and Shaq, the two best players on the court (Cwebb 3rd). Game 7 goes to OT at Arco and having great players won out.

The shame was the foul fest in G6.

Lakers 40-25 in FTAs and FIFTEEN of those were in the last 3 mins.

Truly great series though.

2002 Sacramento and 1992 Portland are easily the best teams that didn't win a 'ship since 1990.
May sound dramatic and crazy, before I had even watched my first hockey games, I started as an NBA fan growing up, alongside College Hoops from around 1989. In high school, the Pacers and Kings were "my" teams. Reggie Miller first with the Pacers, and then with the Kings and the team they assembled in the early 2000s. The 2002 Kings team was the last time I watched the NBA with any ounce of emotion and haven't watched an entire game end to end since then. Not even sure what today's brand of basketball is, but the sport as a whole doesn't even seem like a sport anymore, but more of a TMZ shit storm soap opera where the players run the asylum. Couldn't pay me to watch that crap now but I digress......

Last edited:
The fumbled punt return at the SF 16 and the missed ExPt was the reason for losing.
Right side-wrong day.
Incorrect. The 49er defense couldnt stop the Chiefs in the 4th qtr or OT. After taking a 3 point lead with 11:22 left in regulation they allowed back-to-back-to-back scoring drives of 69, 64 & 75 yards (208 total). The defense you were touting only had to make one stop over those three drives but didn't. Wrong side.

Incorrect. The 49er defense couldnt stop the Chiefs in the 4th qtr or OT. After taking a 3 point lead with 11:22 left in regulation they allowed back-to-back-to-back scoring drives of 69, 64 & 75 yards (208 total). The defense you were touting only had to make one stop over those three drives but didn't. Wrong side.
I think G-Man was counting on Greenlaw to not get injured.

And lets not forget the 49ers are a running team at a time when passing teams win super bowls. Shanahan has not figured this out yet.

Back