Hawks @ Falcons Discussion...

This game won't be close. Falcons one of my strongest plays o the year.

Don't necessarily disagree but i'd love to hear some thoughts on this. Do you think Atl will pass first to set up the run?
Clemons being out sure hurts seattle.

The line clearly speaks volumes. The last 4 times a #1 seed was only favored by a fg or less in this round they have lost outright.

The Seahawks av. 4.9 ypc and now get to face one of the worst run defenses that gave up 4.8 ypc in the Falcons. Add in that Atlanta's run game is one of the worst in the NFL and it's Seahawks for me, and they look even juicier in a teaser.

I had hawks favored here, game they win 3 out of 5 times. No Clemons hurts a lot bc he led the defense in snaps by a ton, but I think the matchups are in seattle's favor regardless. Atlanta is a 9-7 team in reality, maybe 10 wins, scraping wins together against lindley by 4 in atl, panthers by 1 in atl, and the raiders with the help of a pick 6 in atl are roughly the equivalent of losing to most other teams in similar spots.

Wrong. REALITY says that the Falcons are 13-3. :searching:

I will be banking on the fact that these are not the same Falcons that lost those past playoff games.

First things first. Both OC and DC are new here. From the results I have seen this year their "gameplan" should be better.
The Falcons play better at home. The Seahags are worse on the road.
Falcons scoring defense is up there with the best of them. I don't care about yardage, bend don't break is fine with me.
Last I checked you do not get points for yardage.

Most importantly...this is the most important game in this regimes existence. If they do not win this game it will be devastating to the point of causing serious permanent damage.

Could be 88's last ride. Do we really think he goes to the Hall without a playoff win?
Have we already forgotten what happened in the GA Dome a month ago??? 34-0!!! Nobody thought we would win that game either...

Atlanta Falcons -3

Hawks, respect you being a fan but the things you look at are fan-Shaded glasses 1. Seattle hasn't lost on the road since November 25th, having won against 2 winning teams coming from behind to do it. 2. 13-3 is meaningless when you look at what it took to get there. CLose wins against bad teams don't make Atlanta a great team, the book quite clearly agrees with me considering the difference between this line and the afc lines. Also, the whole "gotta win most important game ever" thing is so overblown, if this team was worth a shit a divisional round home game wouldn't be as seismic as it is, they're not gonna win just bc they have to.

Btw-yardage is much more important depending on context. If Atlanta gave lindley the ball on his own 20 in Atlanta and he went 12 plays, 65 yards, 7 minutes for a fg drive you wouldn't consider that poor defense?

Last edited:
You will see come Sunday. Falcons are going to win this game.
That NYG game proved that these are a different brand of Falcons.
Just keep those Seahawks bets low.

Rookie QB without his 12th man. No thanks...

The line clearly speaks volumes. The last 4 times a #1 seed was only favored by a fg or less in this round they have lost outright.

The Seahawks av. 4.9 ypc and now get to face one of the worst run defenses that gave up 4.8 ypc in the Falcons. Add in that Atlanta's run game is one of the worst in the NFL and it's Seahawks for me, and they look even juicier in a teaser.

This is my thinking also. 2.5 is screaming for Falcons money. Home team that is 13-3 in the playoffs as a top seed ane LESS than a FG at home? Like moths to a flame....

SEA wins this game IMO. Line says it all - but that's why they play the games.

You will see come Sunday. Falcons are going to win this game.
That NYG game proved that these are a different brand of Falcons.
Just keep those Seahawks bets low.

Rookie QB without his 12th man. No thanks...
Didn't have his 12th man last week.

No genius here but I will pound Atlanta I this one.
Gunna bet on a rook qb on road two wks in row?
Atlanta getting no respect as 1 seed. I can go on...
Atlanta 31-10

Rookie QB's are 4-3 SU in the Divisional round since the merger...

Main advantage Falcoons have going for them is this is in their friendly little dome. Other than that, they arent the better or tougher team and their lack of run game (a la GB) and their lack of ability to stuff the run (4.8YPC) shows this.

Seattle is about as live as San Fran, you may just get a better payout.

For next weeks matchup purposes, go ATL, for my wallet, i will take the better team with points all day.

Back