Has being number 1 in the CFP EVER meant more than this year?!

skanless13

Fly, Eagles, Fly!
And been closer to call. Seems like the choice of who is #1 will be the difference in one team BASICALLY getting a 1st round bye, or at the very least a fairly winnable game, while #2 will get a VERY dangerous and capable opponent in Clemson. IMO, the margin between LSU and tOSU is SO small, yet will mean SO MUCH this year.
Gun to my head, my rankings in this order would be:
tOSU
LSU
Clemson
likely Oklahoma.

Nope...you don't want to have that tough, physical game in the semis then be ready for the ship the following week...common sense....big time this year means so much.

Lawrence is on absolute fire, all the qbs are really good..and all run great offenses.

Yes, in 2015 being number one meant a lot more. It meant you were royally screwed.

It meant you had to play a four seed that was 20 points better than the three seed.

Yes, in 2015 being number one meant a lot more. It meant you were royally screwed.

It meant you had to play a four seed that was 20 points better than the three seed.
I honestly don't remember the teams that year off the top.

Nope...you don't want to have that tough, physical game in the semis then be ready for the ship the following week...common sense....big time this year means so much.

Lawrence is on absolute fire, all the qbs are really good..and all run great offenses.
Yep. Top 3 teams so strong.

Does LSU take 1 back? I know I was on board w osu being 1 but I felt the week they jumped LSU was incredibly arbitrary and totally unfair as wtf did LSU do wrong to get passed up? Think I’ve changed my stance and feel LSU far outshined osu yesterday much more so than anything that happened the week they flip flopped so why shouldn’t LSU get it back when they crushed the so called 4 seed while osu was down 2tds at half to a team I have no clue who decided was top 10 (joke for rating purposes imo).

Previously I said osu won eye test but if we going by who I think best it Clemson at 1, so obviously resume and impressiveness of wins matters so LSU had better win in more impressive fashion so they should be 1 correct??

Plus I am really super curious where the hell books would put a LSU/sooners total!!!

It’s ok w Clemson they get none the respect they deserve cause they will beat the 2 then the 1 to win it all!!

Does LSU take 1 back? I know I was on board w osu being 1 but I felt the week they jumped LSU was incredibly arbitrary and totally unfair as wtf did LSU do wrong to get passed up? Think I’ve changed my stance and feel LSU far outshined osu yesterday much more so than anything that happened the week they flip flopped so why shouldn’t LSU get it back when they crushed the so called 4 seed while osu was down 2tds at half to a team I have no clue who decided was top 10 (joke for rating purposes imo).

Previously I said osu won eye test but if we going by who I think best it Clemson at 1, so obviously resume and impressiveness of wins matters so LSU had better win in more impressive fashion so they should be 1 correct??

Plus I am really super curious where the hell books would put a LSU/sooners total!!!

It’s ok w Clemson they get none the respect they deserve cause they will beat the 2 then the 1 to win it all!!

I think LSU ends up as the one and they were speculating that the line against Oklahoma would be 9.5 or so. I will take anything under 14 so I will be all over LSU if they are less than 10 point favorites against the fraud Sooners.

I think LSU ends up as the one and they were speculating that the line against Oklahoma would be 9.5 or so. I will take anything under 14 so I will be all over LSU if they are less than 10 point favorites against the fraud Sooners.
Anything under 2 tds is free money in my opinion

Clemsons schedule was a lot better than utahs..,.,gonna take the contrarian side likely on oklahoma, i think georgia win is getting way too much credit. Ill take wisconsin over georgia too

Any lines yet?

Clemson has looked like they were playing high school teams the last month, and I mean that as they look like monsters, not a bad schedule

It will be interesting to see two things with regards to Fields
1. Does he get healthy in the interim period
2. Does he get better during the interim period

Pretty sure Lawrence and Burrow are pretty much capped out. Both are phenomenal but there won't be much improvement from now until game time. With Fields, he makes a lot of bad decisions, bad throws and gets antsy in the pocket sometimes. He has a lot of room to get better. Perkins actually gave Clemson some problems and a healthy Fields could do that. I think Clemson is beating them regardless of Fields improvement but Ohio State, of all the teams, is the most likely to be improved a month from now (although the ability of Clemson coaching staff to improve their players, including making them NFL ready, is second to none).

I was so hoping they would come a little lower w the total but they put it bout where I expected in mid 70s, I actually think the damn thing should be higher,, before seeing it I was telling someone it would take them hanging a 90 to even consider under., lol., My only concern here w the over is I dunno how much effect if any the 3 weeks off has or how to even begin to quantify it?

I dunno if I’d call sooners frauds, their defense is trash but I think they gonna be able to score all over LSU. I believe LSU very deserving of the 1 seed cause their resume is impeccable but I don’t believe they the best team. since beginning of bcs era I don’t think a team with this poor a defense has won it all.

Kinda bummed books have Clemson as the fav as I been banging that drum for over a month. I think Clemson the most complete team we have, osu a close second but I’ll take tigers qb and coach all day, and while im sure I get blowback on this I’m still interested to see osu play a team they don’t just hold a huge speed edge like they do over the entire big10. Everyone knocks the acc but while sure none of them on Clemson/osu level they do have teams with speed at least, obviously the physicality level higher in big10 but I don’t see osu physically overwhelming Clemson while I do think facing a team every bit as fast with same caliber of athlete be a big change for buckeyes.

opponents point totals v LSU this year:

texasss 38
vandy 38
florida 28
bama 41
ole piss 37

I think OU can definitely score on LSU's D.

I think the question of whether they cover will come down to how many possessions hurts gives away? Can’t see many punts/stops in this game.

That OU offense was pretty blah vs. Baylor.

I think bears d is much better than lsu’s Plus they had the added advantage of seeing them twice in a very short time which I think tends to favor the defense. They did score 34 the 1st meeting, case could def be made bears wore down and LSU prob has more high caliber bodies to avoid that. I dunno, I feel pretty confident sooners can hit at least 31 and feel that the floor not ceiling.

LSU D is not as bad as we all make it out to be.
The Ole Miss game was awful, we all know.

But seriously. Y’all see Jalen “shredding” LSU?

maybe not shredding but definitely moving the ball. it depends on your definition of "shredding".

As mentioned depends what you consider shredding? 31-35 absolutely. Hurts prob turn it over a few times which I think be what really causes any separation.

I’ll still say LSU D is underrated

Maybe, but I don't think it's a coincidence that LSU's defense improved against the offenses they played post-Alabama. I think this one has a chance to be a lot closer than people assume.

Maybe, but I don't think it's a coincidence that LSU's defense improved against the offenses they played post-Alabama. I think this one has a chance to be a lot closer than people assume.

I don’t think it be a blowout. Might be 2 scores if hurts is sloppy tho. I don’t really like either side ats.

It’s a big line for sure. It’s not like Saturday where I was pretty confident in the Tigers.
You HAVE to think Okie comes to play....just do they have the horses?

Does he throw at Stingley?

LSU played some weak ass offenses post bama...agree with gps...oklahoma can put up the points...personally just trust clemson or bucks more...the seeding fucked all my angles up..oh well.

Total will depend on how quickly ou falls behind. They have been grinding the run a lot . more than people think. They are really balanced when they want to be or have to be. The Baylor output wasn't super awesome but they also left some points off the board and we know they shredded baylor 2h of the previous meeting. I think LSU can beat ou handily a lot of the time but you do have to worry about that backdoor with lsu defense and ou's very good offense too. In fact, i think ou best chance to cover is backdoor

opponents point totals v LSU this year:

texasss 38
vandy 38
florida 28
bama 41
ole piss 37

I think OU can definitely score on LSU's D.

I agree, and oklahoma d not bad - and they face air raids every week, nothing new facing burrow. If we just look at texas game, oklahoma dominated that game where lsu didn't. ...and, imo baylor beats georgia straight up, big 12 underrated. I'm still not sold on lsu's d as well. The sooners may have the better defense coming into the game. Maybe the better oline, the only difference I see is one position. Quarterback. I'd take burrow over hurts all day.

If Oklahoma doesn't turn it over and they can get the scoreboard to more accurately reflect how dominate their boxscores are showing them to be, they could win.

During the season, when there was still a chance for Alabama to make it, I wanted to play Clemson in the semis, rather than the finals. Maybe it's just the way Saban does it, but they spend zero time coaching the players against the potential championship opponent. Sure, there are dozens of analysts breaking it down, and the coaches are working up game plans, but the players are 100% focused on that first opponent. And I believe that Clemson is who you have to beat to win it all, so might as well get them first.

During the season, when there was still a chance for Alabama to make it, I wanted to play Clemson in the semis, rather than the finals. Maybe it's just the way Saban does it, but they spend zero time coaching the players against the potential championship opponent. Sure, there are dozens of analysts breaking it down, and the coaches are working up game plans, but the players are 100% focused on that first opponent. And I believe that Clemson is who you have to beat to win it all, so might as well get them first.

players at every school look ahead to the best opponents, even at bama. it is human nature. there is no way around it, imo. but yes, the coaches can make sure they are not looking ahead or at least not tip their hands even if they are LOL

Back