~~Happy's US OPEN 2006 PICKS~~

happy928

Pretty much a regular
Here's what my book has so far: (Need to cap some of these games after Piolet Open Tourney this week)

US Open (New York/USA) - Men, World
10:00 AM Alessio Di Mauro (ITA) +289.00 Jürgen Melzer (AUT) -588.24

10:00 AM Andrei Pavel (ROM) +125.00 Andre Agassi (USA) -200.00

10:00 AM David Nalbandian (ARG) -3333.33 Michael Berrer (GER) +610.00
blank.gif
10:00 AM Dominik Hrbaty (SVK) -109.89 Mikhail Youzhny (RUS) -142.86

10:00 AM Feliciano Lopez (ESP) +235.00 Ivan Ljubicic (CRO) -434.78

10:00 AM Florent Serra (FRA) +495.00 Andy Roddick (USA) -1666.67
blank.gif
10:00 AM Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) -2000.00 Albert Montanes (ESP) +530.00
Mark Philippoussis (AUS) +395.00 Rafael Nadal (ESP) -1000.00

10:00 AM Ramon Delgado (PAR) +610.00 Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) -3333.33
blank.gif
10:00 AM Robby Ginepri (USA) -333.33 Julien Benneteau (FRA) +192.00
blank.gif
10:00 AM Robin Vik (CZE) +314.00 Marat Safin (RUS) -666.67
blank.gif
10:00 AM Roger Federer (SUI) -10000.00 Yeu-Tzuoo Wang (TPE) +730.00
10:00 AM Thomas Johansson (SWE) -109.89 Sebastien Grosjean (FRA) -142.86
10:00 AM Tim Henman (GBR) -357.14 Greg Rusedski (GBR) +203.00

BetCrimes1984 said:
I generally wait til a few rounds are in the books before looking at backing slam matches.

Not I bro...1st round and earlier rounds are where the SLEEPES arise in Grandslams ;)

I follow tennis on daily basis and I'm very aware of their recent/ceurrent forms .

One person I would ABSOLUTELY FADE in 1st round is Lleyton Hewitt....Hewitt suffered from a severe knee injury just about a week ago and there's been an article floating around that he'll have to withdrawl from tis yr's OPEN....I'll be very surprise to see him playing in 1st rnd and I don't care who he plays.....I'll nail his opponent with 5 dimes and fonbet since they grade retirement as a winner......

anywayz, should be some exciting matches coming up starting from next week....

I got tickets to 9.3.2006 7PM night session This yr so, I'll have to post my plays from my blackberry then....LOL.....

I've made about 5 tennis picks myself this year... and mainly I did it on if the name sounded familiar to me against a guy I never heard of... good way to go about it huh?

Between you and Bad Gambler, and if scourge ever post tennis here - i'll follow you 3...

Fondybadger said:
I've made about 5 tennis picks myself this year... and mainly I did it on if the name sounded familiar to me against a guy I never heard of... good way to go about it huh?

Between you and Bad Gambler, and if scourge ever post tennis here - i'll follow you 3...

"I've made about 5 tennis picks myself this year... and mainly I did it on if the name sounded familiar to me against a guy I never heard of... good way to go about it huh?"

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL....That's a pretty good strategy, but there are more than few things to consider before laying money ona player :anim-jjd:

1) which surface they are playing
2) recent injuries...if any....
3) h2h (head to head)
4) current form
5) past history at that tournament (Some players just love certain tourneys)....
6) sometimes, just going with your own gut feeling and instincts...

GL with your bets this yr....Still got plenty of tennis left for the season....

Hello Ladies....

Still trying to recover from thids past weekend and here's what I just took....

2 plays for now...

LJ vs Lopez over 37.5 Games (1 unit)....they tend to play extreme close matches and i see a minimum of 4 sets here ......

Wawa vs Chela over 39.5 Games (1 unit)....Chela was pretty impressive last week and wawa has had some good runs as of late.....This is minimum of 4 sets as well......

GL Ladies.

Im 10 - 2 in the majors this year losing one bet when i took fed to win 2 - 0 against nadal at wimbeldon. I didnt have time to post my plays.. but i will help out with some winners!

abcs--thelegend said:
Im 10 - 2 in the majors this year losing one bet when i took fed to win 2 - 0 against nadal at wimbeldon. I didnt have time to post my plays.. but i will help out with some winners!

Ouch bro.........I remember that one..........Rafa looked like shit until that 3rd set and then he came back to make it somewhat interesting

k, went 1-1 today.....still can't believe LJ didn't even win a set from LOPEZ today.....anywayz....moving on!

How bout Dr. Dre today? I surely thought he'd tank after he was down 0-4 in 3rd set. I went to make myself a nice pb&j, and bam!!! he won that set in a TB....LOL....boy's got big heart!

Tomorrow, I'm sticking with o.u games.....

1st play is:

Grosjean S - Johansson T over 39.5 games......1st few rnd are where these former top players clashes and when that happends, it's better to bet over rather than taking a side.....

Mirnyi - Moodie over 38.5....Both can serve lights out and Moodie is a heck of a fighter....Seen him many times in person and he can serve lights out.....Max is one of the best servers on ATP tour.

k, im tired and i gotta go catch a plane in 4 hours :(

GL Ladies.

Toronto_Mike said:
how was Vegas???

I totally forgot US Open started yesterday. Lets go Nadal! lol

Damn dude...that's not the TM that I know. Dude, where are your WTA picks?

BG,

Thanks brah.....GL with your "BIg BALLS" picks man....I'll stick to my hcs for now cuz I have tiny balls? j/k...........:wacka wacka:

Mike,

You mention that mofo's name again and I'll kick yo azz......j/k.......:wacka wacka:

NY Mike,

NY SUCKS! Go WIZARDS! :bow:

Adding 1 more Play:

Massu vs Youz over 37.5 Games.....Same reasons applied from above....Top Players clashing and gotta love the over....

happy928 said:
k, went 1-1 today.....still can't believe LJ didn't even win a set from LOPEZ today.....anywayz....moving on!

How bout Dr. Dre today? I surely thought he'd tank after he was down 0-4 in 3rd set. I went to make myself a nice pb&j, and bam!!! he won that set in a TB....LOL....boy's got big heart!

Tomorrow, I'm sticking with o.u games.....

1st play is:

Grosjean S - Johansson T over 39.5 games......1st few rnd are where these former top players clashes and when that happends, it's better to bet over rather than taking a side.....

Mirnyi - Moodie over 38.5....Both can serve lights out and Moodie is a heck of a fighter....Seen him many times in person and he can serve lights out.....Max is one of the best servers on ATP tour.

k, im tired and i gotta go catch a plane in 4 hours :(

GL Ladies.

2-0 AGAIN! :cheers:

Taking roddick -7.5 and Under 32.5 tonight....

GL Ladies.

k, 3-1 yesterday....

roddick's return game is very questionable. moving on.

Massu vs Youz over 35.5 (2 units)

Moodie vs monfy over 36.5 (1 unit)

HT Lee over 34.5 (1 unit)

soderling over 36.5 (1 unit)

GL Ladies...........:cheers:

happy928 said:
k, 3-1 yesterday....

roddick's return game is very questionable. moving on.

Massu vs Youz over 35.5 (2 units)

Moodie vs monfy over 36.5 (1 unit)

HT Lee over 34.5 (1 unit)

soderling over 36.5 (1 unit)

GL Ladies...........:cheers:

4-0 today baby!!! :cheers:

shakes said:
Damn dude...that's not the TM that I know. Dude, where are your WTA picks?

haha i'm just joking, i haven't focused on Tennis this entire season. Took a pass on it, was too busy focused on Soccer plays. May look into it come Indoor season.

happy928 said:
what the hell......playing 1 more.....

Agassi +3.5....

Let's go DR. DRE! Do it for the FANS baby!!! :wacka wacka:

5-0 Posted Plays!

Also took Dre over 37.5 (cashed as well) :wacka wacka:

what a night......took this after DRE was down a break in 5th set.....

1 A.Agassi @ +400 Risk: 50.00 Straight Potential Winnings: 200.00

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL.......Thank you Dr. Dre!

tomomorrow will be safinator's day......

happy928 said:
Thanks brah. :)

Took 2 today:

Gabash over 34.5

Safin over 38.5

Gl ladies.

damn, gabash had chances in TB, but he choked.....

0-1 for the day.....ended up taking Rochus -7 so, let see what happens....

Adding 2 more plays:

Robredo v Wawrinka over 36.5 love this play!!!! 3 units.

rochus -7 for 1 unit.....still got Safin over 38.5 Pending....

Let's do this!:cheers:

Been looking and I'm leaning towards these:

Na Li vs Mary Pierce
-Taking Li at +170 Pierce has been laying low this year and should be more rested, however I think Li will get it done.

Serena Willams vs Ana Ivanovic
-Taking Ivanovic +125 Let's just say I have a hunch. No real basis for this.

Fernando Verdasco vs Andy Roddick
-Taking Roddick -840 I know he's been shaky lately and even though this seems like a lock, I've learned that Roddick can keep things interesting

U.S. Open 5-1

Toyskyline said:
Been looking and I'm leaning towards these:

Na Li vs Mary Pierce
-Taking Li at +170 Pierce has been laying low this year and should be more rested, however I think Li will get it done.

Serena Willams vs Ana Ivanovic
-Taking Ivanovic +125 Let's just say I have a hunch. No real basis for this.

Fernando Verdasco vs Andy Roddick
-Taking Roddick -840 I know he's been shaky lately and even though this seems like a lock, I've learned that Roddick can keep things interesting

U.S. Open 5-1

I agree with Na Li, she's a SOLID HC player...She should come out on top....However, I disagree with Ana....Serena can out power Ana on any level and I've seen her struggle against players who can overcome her booming serves and her powerful strokes before.....I were to place a wager on that, i'd go with serena.....

It is destine for Roddick and Agassi to meet in next rnd....I like RODD myself, but I can't lay that kinda juice on a single match.....GL!

Here are all the plays I just placed for tomorrow....

GL LADIES!

• Hewitt v Djokovic
    Total Games

• 5/6
  • Over (+36.5)

• Malisse v Novak
    Total Games
  • Over (+34.5)

• Berdych v Tursunov
    Total Games

• 5/6
  • Over (+38.5)

• Nadal v Moodie
    Total Games

• 5/6
  • Over (+32.5)

:cheers:

how do you like bwin.com?

Hows the service, payout and grading?

Just wondering since I use pinnacle and the greek for my tennis lines.

Well my hunch on Ivanovic was WAY off but all in all a good day. Na Li scared me a bit but finally woke up and exactly as I stated, Roddick kept it interesting. A Roddick vs Agassi would have been nice but I guess we can't have everything.

Currently 7-2

scourge said:
how do you like bwin.com?

Hows the service, payout and grading?

Just wondering since I use pinnacle and the greek for my tennis lines.

i don't really use bwin.com bro....their LINES aren't really attractive.....Even their Handicap lines....I use 5 dimes, Pinny, fonbet, sportingbet, wagerweb, nordicbet for Tennis.....

GL with your wagers this week! :wacka wacka:

Ended up taking Federer under 28.5 games....Moodies +6.5.....Moya +4.5.....Moya Over 39.....Na Li +3.5....So, I ended up making up for Wawa's mess :wacka wacka:

BEVOAUSTINTX!!!! I TOLd you Serena -2, Na Li +3.5, and you and your boy was DEAD WRONG on MOYA tonight :P :spank:

I'm hoping for a decent hc line on BECKER tomorrow.....Becker reminds me of BRacialli, but with faster serves....Remember when Bracialli almost took out Roddick few weeks ago? well, GUESS WHAT? I think Becker gets it done tomorrow. Don't have any lines so, I'll be back later with my picks.....

Early 2 plays:

Safin over 38.5 ......1 Unit.

Becker over 34.5.....5 Units.

Becker +6.5 HC Games....5 Units.

Haas over 39 games....1 Unit.

Last edited:
happy928 said:
Early 2 plays:

Safin over 38.5 ......1 Unit.

Becker over 34.5.....5 Units.

Becker +6.5 HC Games....5 Units.

Haas over 39 games....1 Unit.

1-0 so far.......took HAAS IN GAME for a unit......:cheers:

Let's go ROCHUS! Win this 3rd set.......

Ouch, Becker with too many unforced erros today......Roddick is simply unbreakable.

Anywayz, Sharapova Under 19 for 2.5 units......:cheers:

She owns Na Li......Na should be broken plenty of times today......

happy928 said:
Ouch, Becker with too many unforced erros today......Roddick is simply unbreakable.

Anywayz, Sharapova Under 19 for 2.5 units......:cheers:

She owns Na Li......Na should be broken plenty of times today......

k, We finally have a WINNER!!! LOL....

Maria Covered 19..... :wacka wacka::wacka wacka::wacka wacka:

Last play for the day.......

HEWITT vs GASQUET over 39.5.....I see Gassie holding his shiet tonight....Up to hewie to match gassie's intensity....

GL LADIES! :wacka wacka:

happy928 said:
Last play for the day.......

HEWITT vs GASQUET over 39.5.....I see Gassie holding his shiet tonight....Up to hewie to match gassie's intensity....

GL LADIES! :wacka wacka:
WINNER!!!!! :wacka wacka::wacka wacka::wacka wacka: They are in 4th set and Richie has won 4 games already so, I can't lose..... :wacka wacka:

What a fukking MATCH! Match of this Tournament by far.

Last edited:
2 Early Plays I just placed:

Davydonkey -0.5 HC Games.....Against Murray.....Davy has been on FIRE! Gotta ride it one more time....

Safin Over 40 Games.....Let's hope Haas can keep up with this serving machine today......

Both for 2 units......

happy928 said:

Davydonkey -0.5 HC Games.....Against Murray.....Davy has been on FIRE! Gotta ride it one more time....

Safin Over 40 Games.....Let's hope Haas can keep up with this serving machine today......

Both for 2 units......

Davy wins easily!!!! 1-0....Need over in HAAS's match....in 4th set now.....:cheers:

I just played 4 more.....

HEWITT over 40.5 Games....

Hewitt +3.5 Hc Games....

roddick -1.5 HC Games...so, if Roddick wins by 2 or 3 games...I win both....LOL......

Last one, BLAKE ML....

GL Fellas....

happy928 said:

Both for 2 units......

Nice!!!

Both are WINNERS!!!!

2-0 so far today.....:cheers:

I can feel it fellas....today is happy's lucky day.... :)

Adding 1 more:

Nadal -4.5 hc games.....Gotta go with a kid with a BIG HEART.....i know he hurt his ankle last rnd, but doesn't scare me a bit.......

Someone asked me about Berdych vs Blake's match.....Here's my observation:

Lebowski: why do u like blake?
Happy: i've seen both play at legg mason last yr in person
Happy: blake was controlling EVERY single pt
Happy: berdy had the serves
Happy: but, on the ground.....blake was controlling the flow
Happy: plus., berdy uses 2 handed backhand so
Happy: it's hard as hell to chase down blake's blazing shots
Lebowski: your not scared of 5 setter?
Happy: it i did, i'd play over 40.5
Happy: i don't think we need to worry about 5 today
Lebowski: blake has no chance if it goes 5
Happy: it won't
Happy: today , i played haas ml and haas over 40.5
Happy: cuz, i knew safin would keep it close
Happy: but, berdy doesn't match up nicely with blake
Lebowski: 40.5 at -120 grrrr.. i want +
Happy: i think that line won't hit

How bout YOUZHNY? Beat Nadal in 4 sets? Damnnation that was unexpected!

This kid is hot as hell right now and I could see him taking Hewitt but struggling against Roddick. With two days to rest he might have a chance to beat either of them and get himself to the finals, what do you think happy?

btw, Did you go the Legg Mason this year? I had a corner court box for the event, I posted my plays at SD and did okay except for the Clement upset over Murray.

scourge said:
How bout YOUZHNY? Beat Nadal in 4 sets? Damnnation that was unexpected!

This kid is hot as hell right now and I could see him taking Hewitt but struggling against Roddick. With two days to rest he might have a chance to beat either of them and get himself to the finals, what do you think happy?

btw, Did you go the Legg Mason this year? I had a corner court box for the event, I posted my plays at SD and did okay except for the Clement upset over Murray.

WOW! I bought the $475 Gold package back in FEB for the L Mason....I actually played in the QUALS there few times back in the days (Early 90's, Late 80's) :smiley_acbe:

To be honest with you, RAFA was just having an off day....He deserve to lose the match....Forehand wasn't working at all and he was too busy protecting his FH that, he completely got taken out of his own element....

Against Roddick, Youz will have hard time due to all the power shots that roddick will force to make him hit back....RAFA's looping shots were landing in the middle of the court and even you or I could hit a clean winner from the no man's land....That was a pathetic strategy by Tony and Rafa Nadal today....

Against Hewitt, same scenario....Lleyton is one of the best counter puncher in the game.....Youz wil not see too many balls landing in the middle of the court to hit those clean winners.....

RAFA had 2 or 3 0-40 (3 bps) games and he didn't capitalize on any of those opportunities.....

Anywayz, tonight's match should be an outstanding event for the tennis fans.....

I GIVE SLIGHT EDGE to RODDICK due to his recent form....

Having said that, I'm adding 2 more units on OVER 40.5 Games....

I have total of 500 riding on over tonight....LOL.......:cheers:

Back