Happy 4th -- Thursday Discussion Thread

kinda like yanks to salvage a game but can't really play them at that price, not sure u trust the offense enough to play -1.5 at home? that be only way i play it tho. think stroman v montas pretty big mismatch.

pretty good bet quintana will go 6 innings today, we have seen all series nats don't really work counts vs lefties, they don't fan much but they hit pitchers pitches into quick outs. besides facing a team who struggles vs lefties and is quick to hit into outs pretty much everything lines up for him to have a solid game, he been better in day games, he on his best days rest, he has had success in this park. dont see any reason not to play him ov 17.5 outs -110.

pretty good bet quintana will go 6 innings today, we have seen all series nats don't really work counts vs lefties, they don't fan much but they hit pitchers pitches into quick outs. besides facing a team who struggles vs lefties and is quick to hit into outs pretty much everything lines up for him to have a solid game, he been better in day games, he on his best days rest, he has had success in this park. dont see any reason not to play him ov 17.5 outs -110.

on the same note the ff under 4.5 +110 is a really nice number to play imo, kinda shocked we getting plus money on this, in irvin last 11 starts he has only allowed more than 2 runs twice! all series mets have struggled to score runs early off starters, if Irvin continues his form and holds mets to 2 or less i sure don't see nats putting up a big enough number on a decent lefty to go over this. for the most part the runs in this series have come off the pens so pretty sweet to get plus money on under while leaving them out of it!

Gotta take a shot with Contreras over 4.5 k's today at +1.12. Oakland the worst team with K's against right handed pitching. Still looking at the Phillies who continue to win short handed.

Gotta take a shot with Contreras over 4.5 k's today at +1.12. Oakland the worst team with K's against right handed pitching. Still looking at the Phillies who continue to win short handed.

it's philly or nothing for me, just dunno if i can wrap my head around paying more for them today than the 1st 2 games?

i havnt looked much at the laa/oak series (can you blame me! lol), isn't that contreras the one who used to pitch for pirates? i always thought he had potential with a pretty filthy slider, at just a quick glance my only concern would be is he stretched out enough to go 5? i mean he could prob fan 5 in 3-4 innings but feel better going in if i know my guy can give me 5 innings, that and last time he pitched it was against oak which i don't love, he went 3 innings with 2 k's and 2 walks in that one.

it's philly or nothing for me, just dunno if i can wrap my head around paying more for them today than the 1st 2 games?

i havnt looked much at the laa/oak series (can you blame me! lol), isn't that contreras the one who used to pitch for pirates? i always thought he had potential with a pretty filthy slider, at just a quick glance my only concern would be is he stretched out enough to go 5? i mean he could prob fan 5 in 3-4 innings but feel better going in if i know my guy can give me 5 innings, that and last time he pitched it was against oak which i don't love, he went 3 innings with 2 k's and 2 walks in that one.
Yep that's him from Pitt. Banking on the fact he pitches more than 3 today. Hoping anyway lol. Agree with Phillies. Can only go to the well so many times on a cheap line being short guys. Sanchez pitched his balls off in June. Can he continue it into July?

Yep that's him from Pitt. Banking on the fact he pitches more than 3 today. Hoping anyway lol. Agree with Phillies. Can only go to the well so many times on a cheap line being short guys. Sanchez pitched his balls off in June. Can he continue it into July?

in this case i rather get out early than late, made good money off that series, there several other plays i like more today haopy walking away from that one now.

stros feel like getting a team on the cheap today. i get bassitt much more consistent but on both their best days ill take Valdez and stros getting themselves back into race while jays continue to toil in mediocrity, no question to me who the better team playing better ball, can't see them letting jays earn a split especially while they see seattle continue to lose.

i'll prob add some more, not like i get to do anything today so it all baseball for me! lol. starting off w these.

mets/nats ff u4.5
quintana ov 17.5 outs

stros ml
yordan ov 1.5 h,r,rbi

twins ff tt ov 2.5

kwan ov 1.5 h,r,rbi

king ov 5.5 k's

I'm going to add the Reds +1.5 runs -1.30. Think the general public feels no way Red sweep the Yanks. Montas does not have horrible numbers against Yanks in 3 career appearances at 1-1 with a 1.29 era. Also grabbing the over 4.5 K's with Montas at -1.19

cards/pirates is funny, just like yesterday i kinda like the over but tough for me to make a play when i dont have any real solid reasoning for it, took another extra inning miracle type thing to go over yesterday after mikolas was way better than i expected. just something bout these 2 make me think they both find a way to 4 runs, that all it took to cash yesterday. total ticked up to 9 today so less appealing when i think push comes into play. you look at bottom cards lineup and 7-8-9 a total scrub in carlson (the guy cards refused to put in any trade few years ago! lmao), then a couple 25 year olds that are prob not big leaguers! ahead of them goldy and arenado are a black hole in middle the order, dunno wtf happened with those 2? they both aged overnight i guess.. pirates lineup isn't any more exciting. clearly none this screams over, im not gonna play it but still think they both score 4+, lol.

I'm going to add the Reds +1.5 runs -1.30. Think the general public feels no way Red sweep the Yanks. Montas does not have horrible numbers against Yanks in 3 career appearances at 1-1 with a 1.29 era. Also grabbing the over 4.5 K's with Montas at -1.19

i stayed away but i do think it more likely lower scoring so nothing wrong taking a cheap +1.5. tend to agree this most likely a game yanks rl taking a lot the action w ppl thinking they avoid sweep and not wanting to pay the juice, that how i 1st looked at it, lol. i'm never a fan of laying the -1.5 w home team, when yanks hitting that one the parks i don't mind as much since runs can come easy there, at the moment no way id lay -1.5 with them cause it hard to see them winning a higher scoring game. hope you cash them

all it takes a inning to screw everything up but good start in washington for the ff under and quintana outs.

loving the nice spacious center field in washington! lol. everything hit on the button just a long fly out to center fielders!

very small sample with this kid pitching for fish but lefty hitters have teed off on him this season and red sox are throwing 7 left handed batters at him today. if anything there be a bigger sample after this! lol. dont see drastic splits in minors but who knows.

i know these pitchers filthy but some the pitches guys swing at these days (by guys i mean the entire seattle lineup and some others around league!) is baffling. how in the hell dude thought he had any chance at some these pitches right out the hand tell me they are hard core guessing, right? they have to be!

kinda like the ff under in philly/cubs game but would like to see it move. right now they have u3.5 +114 and u4.5 -145, if over takes a bit more money and u4.5 gets cheaper id be all bout that.

that how i like my ff unders and how i like to start the day!! doesn't get much easier even with quintana walking the 9 hole hitter to make the end a little interesting! lol

quintana gets his 18th out on probably hardest hit ball of day! sometimes little luck is nice, muts were just starting to warm up the pen too! i'll take it, 2 for 2 to start day. now stros and yordan need to get it done. put more pressure on seattle and cement the fact jays might as well be sellers!

pussy ass bassitt afraid to throw yordan a strike even tho 2 guys were on, weak bitch, thought we were gonna cash yordan right there! rest of stros gotta make him pay and bust this game open right away!

ain't that a bitch. shoulda cashed kwan in 1st inning but got forced out and guy behind him scores instead, lol. oh well him and alvarez both get 1 of their h,r,rbi in 1st

boy they fucked stros and yordan in 2nd, how the fuck they called those pitches k's i have no clue?!?? shoulda been bases loaded

twins coulda cashed in 2nd but hit into a dp with 1st and 3rd one out. that ok, just need someone to run into those down the middle pitches maeda likes to throw!

damn india was the only hitter prop i missed yesterday and he hits a bomb today, shoulda went back to him, he on a good roll lately.

jfc i swear all these losers that expand the zone and swing for fences instead of choking up and getting runner home! this asshole swing at 3 balls with bases juiced 1 out

man these fucking books caught on fast to seattle swinging with eyes closed approach this year! last few years there were certain teams i could continue to pick on w opposing pitcher k's over and over, didn't much matter who pitcher was in some cases being just ok was better cause they still strike out and number be lower! not with mariners tho, every time a line should be 6.5 they make it 7.5! they know they won't get burnt by someone playing under cause they likely to fan 10+ times every time the line there!! as good as burnes is he has only fanned 8+ 2x all year and that where they put him! almost every time i let 7.5 scare me off pitcher flies over it! the problem here is Burnes cutter is nice and all but it generates a lot of weak contact, great for him but not for needing a extra strike out! id seriously think bout over 18.5 outs at plus money but at moment they at 17.5 -225, i think that almost a no brainer if ya wanna pay the juice.

this pussy bassitt is making it impossible for yordan, should have walked him all 3 at bats if wasn't for some crazy k's called by ump in one of them. starting to piss me off but i guess that what happens when they missing turner so nobody behind yordan that scaring ppl.

maybe just playing the o's the way to go? think they been dead wrong with the lines all series and even this one while higher i don't think it accurately represents o's with the better pitcher and vastly better offense. miller throws lot of 4 seamers too and lot of o's smash those! kinda why they one the best teams to me cause they have dudes who smash spin also! this game id say gunner, crowder, ohearn all solid prop guys. westburg also way he hits heat but rather roll with the lefties as miller much better vs right side.

im ok paying the little juice or playing o's ff -.5, only issue w game -1.5 the risk kimbrel comes in with a 2-3 run lead and gives up run or 2 to win by one! he did have a perfect 2 punch out inning vs seattle's blind hitters in game 1 of series tho!

Back