• Look at motivation and coaching situations
  • when a line looks too good to be true, it might be
  • try not to look too much into conferences
  • look at the matchup situation, could find gold there
  • coaching is HUGE in these bowls
  • be careful of betting early, players will get suspended for stupid shit
  • remember that a lot of these are exhibition games

1* Fresno State +7.5 -115
Fresno has a juggernaut offense and even though they have no defense they care about this game and still have their coach. USC is on their 3rd coach this season and I'm not sure about their motivation. I had GT +10 last year vs USC and the Trojans lost 21-7. We have the better QB, coaching situation and the more motivated team and we're getting +7.5... I have to take that. I hope there are no Fresno players who get suspended, that is gamble you take when you bet early but I had to hit it.

Agreed. Last years bowl season was the first time I started wagering on games, and I found out quick that you have to treat them differently and take different angles.

BOL gyno, I like Fresno here

All bowl plays will be posted here....

My advice is
  • to trend lightly for the most part
  • Look at motivation and coaching situations
  • when a line looks too good to be true, it might be
  • try not to look too much into conferences
  • look at the matchup situation, could find gold there
  • coaching is HUGE in these bowls
  • be careful of betting early, players will get suspended for stupid shit
  • remember that a lot of these are exhibition games

good bullet points. i'm gonna try to find joe public's classic thread for capping bowls.

1) 'tread' lightly
2) definitely a must do
3) not just during bowl season
4) (will come back to this)
5) agreed
6) agreed
7) ain't that the truth
8) yes & no, but it comes back to motivation. bowls can be a great recruiting tool/platform.

mainly agree with all the points...but in regards to the 4th bullet point...it's not as important as motivation, for example...but the big omission from this list (imho) is strength of schedule.

Fresno has a juggernaut offense and even though they have no defense they care about this game and still have their coach. USC is on their 3rd coach this season and I'm not sure about their motivation. I had GT +10 last year vs USC and the Trojans lost 21-7. We have the better QB, coaching situation and the more motivated team and we're getting +7.5... I have to take that. I hope there are no Fresno players who get suspended, that is gamble you take when you bet early but I had to hit it.

i was on GT last year as well. still need to research more on this game though.
lots seem to be on fresno st early. i'd be careful with that, tbh...until we hear more on USC's state of mind.
if USC wants to, they will absolutely dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides. defensively, that wouldn't give Carr much time...and offensively, they could pound back after back, and fresno wouldn't be able to do a thing about it.
but again, it totally depends upon where USC is mentally...so imo, more news/research/etc is needed. after all, fresno st is not that good. sjst was an great win...and tbh, fresno deserved two losses before that one, including the opener vs rutgers. saying they have a bad defense is an understatement. and the SOS is overwhelming in USC's corner.

anyhow, not saying i won't consider fresno...just saying i need to get a much better feel for usc before i commit to such a flawed team. (and there were a few instances where that offense, and carr, were anything but a juggernaut.)

because my birthday lands on a thursday this week I will be the featured guest on the radio show tonight. I will be releasing the Dolphins and another play that I like very much. Will also be discussing other things as well.

www.klav1230am.com

10pm PT. I wlll be on around 10:15

I need to make up for the two losers I gave out last time. 0-2 last appearance. Still 9-3-1 thus far.

0.7* So.Carolina +1

I just think the Cocks athletes will over power Wisconsin. I like So.Carolina's QB's and coach better.
So better athletes, coach and QB. Getting a point. I'll take it.

I agree with your emphasis on motivation.

It is the first, and just about the only, thing I look at in bowl games.

Bet the team that wants to be there, that is proud to be there. Many times a minor bowl game is an embarrassment to the big team.

I also prefer teams with a new coach taking a team to the first bowl in a few years. Never put money a team that dreamed of a big bowl and lost a game relegating them to a nothing bowl.

In general, bet the dog in the games prior to New Year's day, the favorite after that.

But I bet mainly parlays for entertainment on bowl games. They cannot be handicapped the same way regular season games can be.

Haven't heard your radio show yet this year, Gyno, but will try to make sure and catch it this week.

i was on GT last year as well. still need to research more on this game though.
lots seem to be on fresno st early. i'd be careful with that, tbh...until we hear more on USC's state of mind.
if USC wants to, they will absolutely dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides. defensively, that wouldn't give Carr much time...and offensively, they could pound back after back, and fresno wouldn't be able to do a thing about it.
but again, it totally depends upon where USC is mentally...so imo, more news/research/etc is needed. after all, fresno st is not that good. sjst was an great win...and tbh, fresno deserved two losses before that one, including the opener vs rutgers. saying they have a bad defense is an understatement. and the SOS is overwhelming in USC's corner.

anyhow, not saying i won't consider fresno...just saying i need to get a much better feel for usc before i commit to such a flawed team. (and there were a few instances where that offense, and carr, were anything but a juggernaut.)

If you look a little deeper in the G. Tech win in last years Bowl game, they were extremely motivated after suffering one of the worst defeats a team could endure at the Sun Bowl. Utah made a remarkable 4th Qrtr comeback. I see USC with that type of motivation this year.

Last edited:

getting off fresno just a bit.. doing a middle situation too.

0.3* USC -4.5

I know it's aft the game but I bet Utah state cuz they had the superior defense..

1* Fresno State +7.5 -115 (LOST)
0.3* USC -4.5 (WON)

0.7* So.Carolina +1 (PENDING)

0.6* Utah State +1.5 -108 (WON)
0.45* No. Carolina -2.5 -108 (WON)

0.25 * Oregon state - 3 (WON)

3-1 +0.45 units

gl on fla st tt over. really dont see them not getting there with relative ease, but thats what scared me a bit. hope it hits, need Fla St -2.5 to win a few teasers and need fla st ML to win a few bowl pickems

thanks dwoww..

Was at work and couldn't get online. Bet lost anyway.

Fucking 1st half killed it.

Great game though and I cashed a ton of teasers and parlays, thank GOD.

Back