Group G- Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA

yes, i factored that. He looks like he's 12, yet few players impact the game in as many ways as him. A truly frightening force if he gets untracked in Brazil.

I read there has been a push that Low MUST step down after this WC even if they win.
A changing in the guard I suppose

probably mentioned but the schedule also sets up nicely for the US if Germany are in form.. could have 6 points going into the US game.

Germany World Cup squad:

Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Roman Weidenfeller (Borussia Dortmund), Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover 96).

Defenders: Jerome Boateng, Philipp Lahm (both Bayern Munich), Benedikt Hoewedes (FC Schalke 04), Matthias Ginter (SC Freiburg), Kevin Grosskreutz, Mats Hummels, Erik Durm (all Borussia Dortmund), Per Mertesacker (Arsenal).

Midfielders: Mesut Ozil, Lukas Podolski (both Arsenal), Andre Schuerrle (Chelsea), Sami Khedira (Real Madrid), Toni Kroos, Thomas Mueller, Mario Goetze, Bastian Schweinsteiger (all Bayern Munich), Julian Draxler (FC Schalke 04), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Christoph Kramer (Borussia Moenchengladbach).

Attack: Miroslav Klose (Lazio).

Just my guess, but I think Germany will be fine. This isn't France from four years back I don't think. I haven't heard the players dislike low, maybe they do.

interesting how we're seeing an influx of teams both club/nation choosing to not really have an out and out striker

ah didnt see that, it will either be Durm then, or maybe they put Grosskreutz at RB and move Lahm to the left, maybe Boateng but he really limits their attack capability compared to the other 2

might really depend on the team and is just a credit to Lahm's ability to play 3 positions now at an elite level

when they play Portugal (CR7) or if they get Belgium (Hazard) in the R16 I think Lahm definitely stays on the right to shadow, but could go left against some other teams

I saw that, who knows how serious that is but he didn't play particularly well a couple weeks back in Uefa final. Wonder if he play Friday verse mexico

Mike that us/ Portugal game is in the worst region weather wise in terms of humidity but if I have my times right it will start at 7 pm, is this being overblown? Or will it still be rough at that time?

Mike that us/ Portugal game is in the worst region weather wise in terms of humidity but if I have my times right it will start at 7 pm, is this being overblown? Or will it still be rough at that time?

this is really the only place where the weather will take it's toll.
Spoke to my Brasilian contacts and they say other area's will be fine since it is winter time in that region but Manaus is near Equator and rains a shit ton.
Part of me says that these professional athletes have played in some fucked up situations before, but the other part tells me that this might get really ugly. I guess I will have to wait to see how England/Italy fair in this weather.
As the weeks go by I'm actually entertaining the idea of a Germany/USA qualification.

Don't let that start time fool ya. If there is extreme humidity in the area that day (and you have to bank on there being this) it will still be strong at 7pm as well. "Time of day" isn't much of a factor when predicting humidity unless you want to talk about rain/storms. Go ahead and book a storm moving through that area from anywhere b/tn 4pm and midnight. In other words - expect rain (as opposed to not expecting rain) during that match or any match played there in the late afternoon or evening times.

Cramping will become such a huge issue for teams who play in Manaus. Gonna be ridic.

USA just might be catching a break playing CR7 in this shitty condition. The most fit man in the world can break down in these conditions and CR7 is almost limping into this competition.

apparently a Ghana Witch Doc put a spell on CR7 leg lol

As if there wasn't enough hand-wringing and medical analysis over Cristiano Ronaldo's tired legs, Ghana's most influential witch doctor has joined the fray, claiming that he is responsible for the knee injury that threatens the Portugal talisman's participation at the World Cup, according to a report.
-Toe Poke: Witch doctor's claim
The Portuguese FA (FPF) said on Wednesday that Ronaldo is suffering with a "muscle injury on the back of his left thigh as well as left-leg patellar tendinosis" as he works to be available for the Group G opener on June 16. Group G also includes the United States, Germany and Ghana.
Nana Kwaku Bonsam, a witch doctor whose name translates as "The Devil of Wednesday" and who plies his trade at the Kofioo Kofi shrine in Kumasi, claims he foresaw Ronaldo's injury back in February and that it is entirely his doing, according to The Guardian.
Nana Kwaku claims that he inflicted the injury on Ronaldo in a bid to help his native Ghana make it out of Group G unscathed.
"I know what Cristiano Ronaldo's injury is about, I'm working on him. I am very serious about it," he told local Kumasi-based radio station Angel FM.
"Last week, I went around looking for four dogs and I got them to be used in manufacturing a special spirit called Kahwiri Kapam.
"I said it four months ago that I will work on Cristiano Ronaldo seriously and rule him out of the World up or at least prevent him from playing against Ghana and the best thing I can do is to keep him out through injury.
"This injury can never be cured by any medic, they can never see what is causing the injury because it is spiritual.
"Today, it is his knee, tomorrow it is his thigh, next day it is something else."
Portugal will take on Mexico at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass., on Friday, then Ireland at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. on June 10.

Cristiano Ronaldo, Pepe and Raul Meireles all out for Portugal tomorrow in their friendly at the New England Patriots stadium (should i start calling them arenas in honor of samuel meatballz since he called the boston celtics arena a stadium?)...

Mexico lineup, so says the coach when meeting with the media a bit ago (we'll see)... 5-3-2.... Corona; Aguilar, Maza, Marquez, Moreno, Layun; Guardado, Vazquez, Herrera; Dos Santos, Peralta

Cristiano Ronaldo, Pepe and Raul Meireles all out for Portugal tomorrow in their friendly at the New England Patriots stadium (should i start calling them arenas in honor of samuel meatballz since he called the boston celtics arena a stadium?)...

Mexico lineup, so says the coach when meeting with the media a bit ago (we'll see)... 5-3-2.... Corona; Aguilar, Maza, Marquez, Moreno, Layun; Guardado, Vazquez, Herrera; Dos Santos, Peralta

They were saying on the broadcast Tuesday that the lineup he starts with Friday will be his starting 11 for Brazil. If so, would be a slight surprise that Hernandez is not a starTing striker

I wonder if he can't go who joagie goes with

Should probly be draxler or schurrle

But I could see him trusting poldi

I think its pretty big, they have the deepest midfield in the tournament arguably but he and Goetze are really the only ones who will run at a defense with the ball

it sounds like people think Podolski takes his position

he was their best outlet if they ever needed to counter attack, and he's one of their only midfielders that is good at pressing up high

Marco Reus partially torn ligament; how can he possibly play? I am calling him out. Badstuber and Gundogan were previously injured and unavailable for the Germans. Neuer is also not fit, although the backup was credible today by and large in their Armenia match today. After a penalty, it was 1-1. Five goals in 19 minutes later, it was 6-1.

Mexico had its brief spells of decency tonight, but ended up losing 1-0 to the Portuguese on a second-half stoppage time goal by Bruno Alves. I thought Portugal played average at best without CR7. Mexico's defense seemed solid most of the night and Portugal had much trouble ever breaking it down.

Back