Group A- Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon

Brazil ended up beating Serbia 1-0 (a 2-0 final was probably correct, as Hulk's goal in the 75th minute was incorrectly disallowed by a lineman). It was a pretty physical match, and the Croats can prolly take something out of the way their enemies played the Brazilians, who were booed off the pitch at the half of scoreless draw. No pressure on this Brazil unit to produce, eh? Sheez.

Croatia used a 58th minute goal from Jelavic on a scramble in front of the box to beat a stingy Australia bunch 1-0 tonight. The last half hour (after the goal) featured far less intensity than the first 58 minutes in both directions. The Croats never were really threatened by the Socceroos.

remember the African teams really are money motivated in the WC

Cameroon coach Volker Finke has rubbished reports his side were going to pull out of the World Cup in a row over bonus payments by saying they will be in Brazil in time to face Mexico on June 13.
- Said: Young players true to Cameroon's DNA
- Group A preview: Brazil start as favourites

A report in France's L'Equipe on Sunday claimed the Cameroon players had refused to board the plane due to take them to Brazil since no agreement had been reached with the Cameroonian Football Association over the level of bonuses to be paid.
However, Finke says that an agreement has now been struck and the team will be flying out to Brazil on Sunday.
"It's just one of those things that these agreements can take longer in Africa," Finke, a former coach of Bundesliga side Freiburg, told Germany's Sport1.
"That agreement was struck this morning and now we can fly to Brazil today. Our fans will be pleased -- Cameroon will of course be participating in the World Cup.
"The agreement is there and there's no point making such a big fuss out of the whole thing. It's really not as big as it has been made out to be in recent days.''
Cameroon beat Moldova 1-0 in their final warm-up game on Saturday. After facing Mexico, they will also come up against Croatia and hosts Brazil in Group A.

If I took the under in every game in this World Cup, how well will I do

depends on the price you're getting right?
pushes won't do you any good buying to get 2.5 will probably see you at 1.5 best bet would probably just be correct score.

El Tri coach Miguel Herrera will leave forward Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez on the bench to start World Cup play while he is scheduled to start Guillermo Ochoa in the goal, a source told ESPN Deportes.

Ochoa, former goalkeeper for Ajaccio, is set to debut vs. Cameroon, the source said, adding that Giovani dos Santos and Oribe Peralta are likely to get Herrera's nod at forward.

Hernandez called Cameroon an improved team and said he anticipated they would be a tough rival. He added that he is ready for whatever role Herrera give him.

"The thing is, I don't feel myself to be a starting player but as well I don't feel like to be a substitute," Hernandez told ESPN's John Sutcliffe. "I am a player that shows that he wants to play as many minutes as possible and that this player has a lot of hunger to be here."

i came in here thinking everyone's down on Mexico and they will advance, but I don't like all the manager changes and not using Chicharito for at least the opener (though him never ever starting for ManU makes me wonder how good he really is). Sounds like Croatia is missing the finishers up front, but Mexico underperformed so badly in the CONCACAF that it may not matter if there's as much talent in the midfield as it sounds. I think I remember hearing how difficult it was for MEX to score (7 goals of the 10 "real" qualifying games), yet they still don't start an EPL forward?

Originally I thought Croatia was screwed playing Brazil in the opener, but this may be one of those games that has incredible pressure and if the Croats can control the ball I think each minute they don't trail the better for their chances at earning a result. Not impressed by Cameroon much at all

Wouldn't surprise me if Cameroon advances but still going with Croats

Like Alex, I expect virtually nothing from Mejico

Croatia will give the Brazilians a game, and have probably one of the best midfield three in the competition. However defensively they may be suspect without their main defender (Simunic) who is out of the tournament while their main striker (Mandzukic) is suspended for this game. Still like their chances of getting some out of this game, or at worst lose by a goal.

Back