gps_3 Week 11 SEC Discussion and Plays

Coach has lost his mind.. How do you pull McCrary?? He is 5 for his last 23 with O TD 2 INT and and averaging just under 2.5 yards per attempt.. Some gall that Mason has. Shurmur was about 3 of 11 against Missouri for 1.8 yards per attempt and a pick. Who they going with?
Heard Shurmur but who knows. He was on the radio saying they are going w/ some surprise package too. No clue what that means. Maybe some sort of Wildcat.....

The in competencies at the QB position in the SEC are at an all time high this season, IMO. Hence these teams like auburn, georgia, vandy running wild cat, dog, commie etc. There are maybe three good qb, several below average and a few miserable.

I've got one year to win, just a normal pro-style offensive system, here's who I'm going with in order of first choice to last:

Prescott
Kelly
Allen

Dobbs
Coker
T Harris
B Harris
Murray

Lambert
Lock
Orth
White
Towles
McCrary

Anybody else care to chime in?

This is awesome:

Alabama already has the "Ball Out" championship belt, but there might be a need for another trophy.

On Tuesday, outside linebacker Ryan Anderson was asked if anyone on the team has ever tried to wrestle defensive tackleA'Shawn Robinson in the locker room. The redshirt junior didn't hesitate to answer that question to reporters.

"Nobody wants to wrestle him," Anderson said of Robinson, who he referred to as "a freak" on Tuesday. "I don't even think he ever tried to wrestle Dalvin (Tomlinson). Most people don't mess with Dalvin, either."

Dalvin Tomlinson was the first wrestler in Georgia state history to win three career heavyweight titles during his high school days in McDonough. He claimed his last Georgia Class AAA state heavyweight wrestling title in February of 2012.

On Wednesday night, Tomlinson was posed the question of who would win in a match between Robinson and himself.

"Me," Tomlinson said without hesitating. "My technique, I feel like I would overtake his power pretty easy."

As Tomlinson (6-foot-3, 294 pounds) stood up to leave the media room, he admitted he has already beaten Robinson (6-foot-4, 312) in a wrestling match. The details of the even were not disclosed, but the redshirt junior was not to be joking.

Any thoughts on Kentucky +3.5? I'm having trouble finding 10 games I like in my pool this week. They've been on a skid but probably need this if they want to be bowl eligible, and Vandy has to be a step down from what they've seen the last few weeks.

Looks like GPS made it 4 and I made it 3, his opinion may differ from his PR though so I won't speak for him but I prob wouldn't mess with it. Kentucky does nothing well and Vandy does one thing well, well two things, play defense and cash unders. Would be hard for me to take one score with a team that I see holding no real advantages but I wouldn't be in a hurry to lay a huge number like 3.5 with the vandy offense.

I try to make it a habit to not back bad teams. Both UK and Vandy are bad teams, but as CK mentioned, Vandy at least can play defense and take the air out of the ball. I took the under this week, but unless you have to pick an SEC game, there have to be other games that are more bettable than UK/VU IMO

Now, back to that aforementioned #let6out hashtag. Starting at roughly 7 p.m. a tweet from wide receiver Travin Dural surfaced that said, “#free6 #let6out @bharrisqb1.” Soon fellow wide receivers Malachi Dupré, John Diarse and DJ Chark sent similar tweets, as did quarterback Anthony Jennings. Whether this was a sign of internal protest signifying that the players want Harris’ passing game to be let loose, as some have suggested, or just a joke as Dural said in a subsequent tweet, it’s hard to know for sure. All of the tweets were deleted shortly after being posted

UNDER 51 in the Bama game looks like a gimme. Here are the scores for the past 10 years in this matchup. Not one has ever hit 51 points. The scores are particularly low when they play in Starkville (denoted with blue bold italics).

2014 - 25-20 (45)

2013 - 20-7 (27)

2012 - 38-7 (45)

2011 - 24-7 (31)

2010 - 30-10 (40)

2009 - 31-3 (34)

2008 - 32-7 (39)

2007 - 12-17 (29)

2006 - 16-24 (40)

2005 - 17-0 (17)

Over the past 10 years Alabama has averaged 24.5 ppg, and the Bulldogs of Mississippi State have averaged 10.2 ppg.

I think Mississippi State's total in this game will hover around their 10-year average, and I'd be mildly surprised if Bama hits 24 in this game.

My score prediction for this game is 20-13 Alabama.

peace.gif

Whatcha seeing on the under?
I just have a feeling it's gonna be one of those ground and pound gms. You know that's what Arky likes to do and I feel they may be flat from last week. As for LSU they will want to get Leonard back on track and they will still be licking their wounds from last week. It's just a hunch. But this I feel will be a 20-17. 24-20 Final.

I got 1 LARGE play today.
Vols -10.5 1Q.
North Texas has not scored a TD in the 1Q of any gm this year and has been out scored by a total of 101-6.
North Texas has scored 2 fgs all year in the 1Q.
I am also looking at a 1H play as well. out scored 221-53 in the 1H this year.

Last edited:
i'll give you twenty bucks if you change your avatar....good Lord

in all seriousness, good luck today :cheers3:

I got 1 LARGE play today.
Vols -10.5 1Q.
North Texas has not scored a TD in the 1Q of any gm this year and has been out scored by a total of 101-6.
North Texas has scored 2 fgs all year in the 1Q.
I am also looking at a 1H play as well. out scored 221-53 in the 1H this year.
well a yard away to end the 1Q to go up 14-0. Vols didn't give 2 shits abt today's gm.

Back