GP's ATP & WTA 2007 Tennis Picks

btw,

did you see thegreek's Nadal line? -10,000?

are you f'n kidding me?!?

lol, yea I saw that Nadal line...

Too bad Soderling couldn't finish the job. Up a set and a break second set 3-0 and chokes away 12 straight games. Unbelievable...

Did stake Ferrero small as well but not worth posting...

Still struggling to find the positive in tennis this year

4/23

ATP Open Seat 2007 - Barcelona, Spain:

Taking

Ivo Karlovic over Andreas Seppi -165 (4.95u to win 3u)
Benjamin Becker over Igor Kunitsyn -155 (1.55u to win 1u)
Alberto Martin over Alejandro Falla -150 (1.5u to win 1u)
Oscar Hernandez over Dmitry Tursunov +120 (1u to win 1.2u)
Evgeny Korolev over Filippo Volandri +110 (1u to win 1.1u)
That's it.

4/23: 3-2 -2.75u

Last edited:
Like them all save for Becker. The line has moved to -175 now and you'd have to be a basket case imo to bet on Benjamin with those short odds. nuts.

People are pounding the shit our of Seppi right now.

His odds have drifted to -130!

Barcelona is slow. Ivo sucks on red dirt. He won Houston on the green shit.

The books really fucked up that line. The smart money blasted the fuck out of Seppi.

Well done, guys.

We'll see what happens.

Barcelona is slow. Ivo sucks on red dirt. He won Houston on the green shit.

The books really fucked up that line. The smart money blasted the fuck out of Seppi.

Well done, guys.

We'll see what happens.

Wish you had posted this BEFORE this match.:spank:

Ugh...

I really thought Ivo was a good pick, but I did get worried as his odds dropped right before match time.

I should have figured Ivo relies on his serve too much and on clay that shit doesnt fly as well...

Just can't seem to find the positive in tennis...

Hey, I wasn't going to say anything, but figured I would since from your posts it seemed as if all you guys were on Seppi, too.

I got up around 0330 to check lines for rugby. Then about 2 minutes before 4AM, I saw the tennis line on 5 Dimes for Seppi +128 and +2.5 games -125. I figured it was a good call, but didn't have time to do a write-up.

I'm not trying to brag. What I don't post, doesn't count. I bet a lot of stuff that I don't post.

Not trying to piss anyone off or ruffle feathers.

Cheers

I'm certainly no tennis gambling guru. I suck at gambling, but I do know a lot about tennis.

If you have a question on an upcoming match and want my opinion to fade or whatever, then "PM" me, and I'll do what I can.

Again, Cheers

CLL,

I always enjoy reading your opinions on tennis matches. I read a lot of your posts at covers last year and you definitely know more about tennis than I do. I try to keep up with all the players but a lot of the time there is information that I don't know about certain players that could really help me out. So anytime you wander in here feel free to post your thoughts. I'm more of a numbers bettor so there are many key matchups where I overlook something.

The season is still young... Hope to string together a streak of positive days within the next week or so to get ready for Roland Garros.

5/16

I'm back after taking a 2 week break from tennis capping as I've been working more and also focusing on nba playoffs.

Been struggling to find a good medium this year to produce some decent winners and profit.

Hopefully today I can carve out some positive units.

All odds are from greek, bodog or 5dimes.

Blake over Clement -185 (1.85u to win 1u)
Gonzo over PHM -140 (1.4u to win 1u)
Kohlschreiber over Andreev -120 (1.2u to win 1u)
Acasuso over Volandri -180 (3.6u to win 2u)
Ferrero over Safin -140 (1.4u to win 1u)
Mayer over Nieminen +110 (3.3u to win 3u)

That's it. Lots of favs but we will see what happens.

5/16: 4-2 +.5u

Last edited:
Thanks for the good words Songo

5/17

Still have a couple plays pending from yesterday due to rain delays.

Today I'm taking one bet on

Ferrer over Ljubicic -230 (2.3u to win 1u)

Historically Ljub isnt very good on clay. Ferrer has been on fire on clay this year, having a couple very tough matches won. I'll go with the in form player.

Let's go Mayer

----------------

of course the only dog I pick I play big and loose. Figures...

5/17: 1-0 +1u

Last edited:
5/21

ATP - World Team Cup, Dusseldorf / ATP - Portschach, Austria

Parlay Lee over Udomchoke/Gonzo over Blake (2u to win 1.8u)

Ferrer over Berdy -120 (1.2u to win 1u)

Gonzo rolls on clay. Blake is mediocre.
Lee's h2h advantage can't be overlooked.
I am not sold on Berdych - never have been a fan of his game. I will continue to fade him in tight matches and Ferrer is solid on clay.

5/21: 2-0 +2.8u

Last edited:
5/21

Parlay Lee over Udomchoke/Gonzo over Blake (2u to win 1.8u)

Ferrer over Berdy -120 (1.2u to win 1u)

Gonzo rolls on clay. Blake is mediocre.
Lee's h2h advantage can't be overlooked.
I am not sold on Berdych - never have been a fan of his game. I will continue to fade him in tight matches and Ferrer is solid on clay.

Very nice, congrats

5/23

Thanks for the good words, rod steel, ccl.

I just had a nice paragraph writeup but deleted it by going back in the browser, so heres the shortened version. I believe the doggies are biting today. Favs have been hitting at a very good clip lately and there are quite a few small doggies on today's card that can garner some positive units for my bankroll.

Parlay Ferrer over Kohl / Monaco over Russell (1.22u to win 1u)

Jan Hajek over Kristof Vliegen +130 (1u to win 1.3u)
Olivier Rochus over Tomas Berdych +210 (1u to win 2.1u)
Hyung-Taik Lee over Gael Monfils +135 (1u to win 1.35u)
Florian Mayer over Nicolas Almagro +185 (1u to win 1.85u)
Potito Starace over Lleyton Hewitt +180 (1u to win 1.8u)

Ferrer is in uber form right now. Kohl can play but odds are good enough to try him/Monaco should take care of the American.
Lee is somewhat sceptic right now but played decent yesterday. Monfils might prevail tho... prob my least favorite dog today... but again, I have to stress that doggies are due IMO
Hajek plays well on clay. Decent shot to upset (slumping) Viel? I'll try it.
<!-- Display point adjustment -->
<TABLE><COLGROUP><COL class=wgrConditionsBullet><COL class=wgrEventConditions><TBODY><TR><!-- Display conditions --></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Rochus has shown the ability to take on Berd. Berd didnt put up much of a fight yesterday, why would today be any different against an opponent whom he is 3-2 h2h and clearly doesnt like to play on clay.
Hewitt might take today off if Potito plays well. Isnt a major soon? .
Not bad odds for Mayer

Also gonna try 2 WTA picks today.

Agnieszka Radwanska over Romina Oprandi -250 (1u to win .4u)
Elena Vesnina over Caroline Maes -240 (1u to win .42u)

Rad playing well this year it seems.
Vesina playing horrible but low odds against mediocre player (although her activity says otherwise).

5/23: 4-4 -.88u

Last edited:
5/24

tough day yesterday. doggies definitely were not biting. again the favs have covered around 90%. overall -.88u isnt too bad considering the situation.

Seems that when I pick more than a couple plays I usually end up in the negative so I'm sticking with only 1 today.

Monaco over Davydenko +220 (1u to win 2.2u)

Should be a close match. Last time in 2006 on clay it was a 3 setter with 2 tiebreakers.

5/24: 1-0 +2.2u

Last edited:
5/29/07

RG

I would have posted 2 days ago, but I figured that rain was on its way and most bets would be moot to post with all the delays...
Lots of picks today, as I love this tourney and really can't wait to watch some great tactical clay tennis.
Already doing well hitting Harkleroad in wta and Ljbucic who is up a set.

ATP:

Jan Hajek over Thomas Johansson -135 (1.35u to win 1u)
Nicolas Massu over Luis Horna -155 (1.55u to win 1u)
Marc Gicquel over Gaston Gaudio -120 (1.2u to win 1u)
Carlos Berlocq over Julien Benneteau +300 (1u to win 3u)
Sebastien Grosjean over Marcos Baghdatis +110 (1u to win 1.1u)
Marin Cilic over Thierry Ascione -150 (3u to win 2u)
Tim Henman over Ernest Gulbis -200 (.5u to win .25u)
Boris Pashanski over Ivan Navarro Pastor -105 (1.05u to win 1u)
Parlay Luczak/Berdych/Nieminen/Pless (1u to win 1.7u)

WTA:

Marion Bartoli over Aravane Rezai -115 (1.15u to win 1u)
Catalina Castano over Emma Laine -320 (1.6u to win .5u)

I really hope the rain holds off today and we can get this tourney in full-swing.

May post some thoughts on my picks in a bit if I feel like it, but most likely not...

Anyways, I hope to have a positive day/tourney and above all I will definitely be enjoying the matches.

---------------------------------

Some great matches today. Again it seems when I play over 2 or 3 matches per day I just can't get in the positive. Couple plays were a little ill-advised but decided to follow some picks from another poster on another site and it backfired. Live and Learn. Overall I'm happy with the day even tho I'm in the negative... really enjoyed watching the matches.

Gonna try to cut down the plays to less than 5 for tomorrow... if I can stay away for the action... heh

5/29/07: 5-6 -1.25u

Last edited:
5/30

Roland Garros D2

Thanks for the good words scourge.
Yea Mike, I had a decent chunk of my bankroll on yesterday's card something like 15%... definitely enjoyed the action/matches.

ATP lines are outrageous today. I won't be laying -600+ on anything in this tourney unless it's a parlay and my book frowns on large fav parlays.

WTA has some nice lines tho. I still havent disected the entire card but here's what I have locked in so far.

Vera Dushevina over Camille Pin -220 (2.2u to win 1u)
Parlay Sania Mirza/Gisela Dulko (1u to win 1.05u)

Gonna watch a couple early matches then decide where to go from there.
Might take a couple tries at some heavy dogs as well.

What the hell, I'm gonna add something on Myskina.

Anastasia Myskina over Meghann Shaughnessy +146 (1u to win 1.45u)

adding...

Parlay Bondarenko/Vakulenko (1.23u to win 1u)
Tatiana Poutchek over Youlia Fedossova -120 (1.2u to win 1u)

5/30: 3-2 +.82u

Last edited:
5/31

RG Day 3

Almost a decent day yesterday. I should have went with Bammer instead of Vakulenko in that parlay. I was torn between the 2 and decided to go with the one that would payout better, which wasn't the right choice apparently.

Today I like a couple doggies and 1 fav parlay.

Parlay PHM / Montanes (1.14u to win 1u)
Oscar Hernandez over Philipp Kohlschreiber EVEN (3u to win 3u)
Dmitry Tursunov over Fernando Verdasco +175 (2u to win 3.5u)
Olivier Patience over Mariano Zabaleta +175 (1u to win 1.75u)

Alot of these matches should be very close and value will usually (and esp in this case) with the doggies.

Oscar is 2-0 h2h vs Kohl and historically is a decent clay-courter *240-152. 2006 clay match 6-1 6-1 Oscar over Kohl.
Historically Kohl isn't great on clay *84-73 and has IMO been playing over his head on clay last year or so. OH should be a tough matchup for Kohl and could be 50/50 match. I'll take decent odds.

Patience been playing well, should be close match, I'll take the Frenchman to pull out a tough victory at home at plus odds.

Tursunov is the better player IMO. Verdasco is decent on clay, but hasn't shown much this year. Again, I believe this is gonna be a close match (4/5 setter). Could be a long one.

In the parlay, I'm taking the more experienced Montanes over the young Gulbis and wanted to put something else in there to offset the price so I'll go with PHM who hopefully will squeak by Giles.

Also taking 1 very small wta bet.

Sania Mirza over Ana Ivanovic +625 (.2u to win 1.25u)

Just something to spike my interest in the match which should be easy on the eyes ^_^. Sania Mirza has scored some big upsets in the past and she played well yesterday.

5/31: 2-2 +2.55u

Last edited:
6/1

Roland Garros day 4

Pending wager:

Parlay PHM / Montanes (1.14u to win 1u)

ATP side:
I don't like much on today's card. Tempted to take JCF, but Youzhny has been playing well lately, so I will probably lay off.

Still a couple hours before post time I might add him in.

Nalbandian should take care of Gael but he isn't trustworthy these days. Might parlay these 2 for very small stakes.

Wanted to throw in Canas in a parlay of some sort as -500 is too high for me to lay him alone. Bookie says no tho.

WTA side:

Dementieva looks tempting but her 20 something DFs in the last 2 matches makes me worried.

Venus Williams looks good as +160 dog, but JJ is in uber form at the moment.

So I took a parlay of 2 big favs. Garbin over the french girl who is probably stoked to make it this far. And Vaidisova who is 3-0 h2h against Stosur. I believe Samantha wouldn't mind going out this round to focus on her doubles matches.

Parlay Garbin / Vaidisova (1.72u to win 1u)

That's it for right now...
Would love to hear anyone's take on the card today as I'm leaning to a lot of plays but can't pull the trigger yet...

------

Good point about the dfs DT, After watching Bartoli and the way she moved last match, plus reading some posts around the internet I think she should win this one even if her horrible serving continues.

Elena Dementieva over Marion Bartoli -260 (2.6u to win 1u)

Also gotta say that Garbin might have been the easiest -420 win I've ever had in any sport. There was at no point in the match that I thought she would even be broken. Let's hope Nichole can close out Stosur to complete the parlay.

----------
Should have stuck with my gut on Dementieva, but live and learn.

6/1: 2-1 -.6u

Last edited:
df is a lose point, so for Lena is about 10 points lost. anyway not with serve we're winning on this surface...

BOL

6/2

Roland Garros Day 5

Let's face it. There isn't much value today on the men's side IMO. Favs are too high priced for my liking and I'm not confident enough to take at dogs.

So I'm playing 1 parlay

Parlay Hantuchova / Ferrer (2.03u to win 2u)

Ferrer has been great and Verdasco should be dealt with unless he pulls a rabbit out of a hat.
Hantuchova is 3-0 h2h, last win on clay 2007 7-6 7-5. Should be a very close match but if you look at the last 2 RG matches Hantuchova has been the more solid player (less UFE, decent amount of winners, etc) and getting close to EVENs with Ferrer thrown in makes this a play for me.

That's all for today.

6/2: 0-1 -2.03u

Last edited:
6/5

Thanks ccl, I hope (plan) to end this tourney in the green.

RG betting day 6

Been a couple days since I posted. Took a couple plays last 2 days but was buzy with work and some other stuff so haven't been able to post in the morning. Overall I'm down for the tourney which is a shame since I've been spending quite a few hours looking up stuff everyday but can't seem to get it right.

Today there are a couple I like. Davy/Canas match I'm leaning toward the underdog. Seems to be a very close match, but Davy isn't #4 in the world for nothing. 5 set matches usually bring out the best player and even though seeds usually lie, rankings don't as much. Canas is up in the h2h, not sure of the exact numbers but 5-2 or so I believe. The thing is... Canas is a crapshoot IMO. Davy is always solid and you know what your getting with him, either way too pricey for me to take Canas so maybe a play on Davy.

Fed should win, prices are not good for me.

Not sold on JJ. She wasn't very good a couple years ago, Vaidisova hasn't dropped a set yet in RG (i think), could be closer than odds suggest but prob not worth a play for me...

Sharapova just seems to always pull some magic and when she's hot she can make it to semis or even a final this year. She has been known for runs like these and might be value in a parlay.

I believe Kuz will roll without any major problems. Ivanovic isn't a bad player but she is not in the very top eshielon of the WTA tour. Kuz is and I will be playing her in something today.

JJH and Serena is a scary match no matter which way you play it. Will Serena have that extra power and drive to literally kill the ball and overpower JJH as she has in the past? or will the Serena that shows up spray FHs wide and BHs long all day creating too many UFEs? who knows.
One thing is for sure though, JJH will be ready and her game will be solid... and she WILL make Serena move. If it goes 3 JJH has it IMO.

So there's my thoughts... I will post my plays later towards gametime (2-3 hours from now), but would like any thoughts from the forum if anyone is around today.

As you can see my strong leans are davy, kuz.

---

Decided to go with the following:

Kuznetsova over Ivanovic -185 (3.7u to win 2u)
Parlay Kuznetsova / Davydenko (1u to win 2.29u)

GL to all and enjoy the matches!

6/5: 0-2 -4.7u

Last edited:
6/8

RG

Taking quite a beating the last couple posts. Seems the plays I post lose and my smaller plays win. who knows...
Dropped close to 7 units last couple days and feeling pretty damn bad about it.
Anyways I think JH is going to win and will most likely back her 2-0 whatever price I can get for a couple units to try to "chase" back some.
Today I'm liking Fed to drop 1 set to Davy. Most likely a TB in the second set. I'm seeing a 6-4, 6-7, 7-5, 6-3 type match.

Fed to win 3-1 over Davy +240 (1.5u to win 3.6u)

Anyways GL everyone. Long season is now in full swing and hopefully profits are on the horizon for me.

6/8 0-1 -1.5u

Last edited:
Back