Give me some pointers/rate my team (Beginner)

Begovic

Frequent reader but not so much posting (English is not my native language)

I see there are a lot of people in the start/sit thread that easily answers questions on a weekly basis.. But I´m not really learning much from it and I don´t want to go into that thread and write 100s' of posts asking "why do you choose this player over that player" (sometimes people write short xeplanations as to why)

So I thought I´d try to start a new thread and see if anyone wants to help me increase my fantasy skills.

Anybodys thoughts appreciated. Are there som basic rules you always follow.. How easily do you change opinion on a players fantasy value..

My situation

8 team PPR
1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

We´re all friends.. some more competitive than others, none hardcore fantasy experts… but, I´m the least experienced (2[SUP]nd[/SUP] year playing NFL fantasy).

I drafted my team with help from Gorgolon Lives’ threads..

Made some mistakes but overall I think I came out alright as I had 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] place prediction after the draft.

I realized last year that while others were making trades and picking up players from the waiver wire I was too hesitant. Denying any trade offers and keeping injured and non productive players for too long.

Too afraid to be on the bad side of trades or dropping players just to see them picked up by someone else more experienced.

I feel I´m falling into the same behavior this year.

For example.. I´m sitting with both Melvin Gordon and Danny Woodhead (Chargers) Terrified to let one of them go, terrified every week when I´m setting my lineup.. that one of them will stink and the other will go off..

I picked up Devonta Freeman, but can´t let go of Tevin Coleman (Falcons)
I´ve got Dez Bryant (my first pick at no 7) and don´t know what to do with him.
It´s a 2 player keeper league and 1 of 2 has to be a rookie.

My team

QB
Eli Manning
Sam Bradford (don´t like him so probably never will start him, still can´t bring myself to drop him)

RB
Danny Woodhead – Chargers (Like his receiving and nice start of the season)
Melvin Gordon – Chargers (was supposed to be one of my top 3 RBs)
Jonathan Stewart (My top RB pick.. not producing at all)
Frank Gore (My 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] RB pick. I really don´t like him so I´m trying to find ways to keep him out of the lineup)
CJ Spiller ( Want to dump him this week and pick something up from the waiver)
Tevin Coleman (Late pick should just let him go now that I have Devonta Freeman?)
Devonta Freeman (picked up from waiver wire for Victor Cruz)

WR
Dez Bryant ( Is he worth keeping all season?)
Randall Cobb (starter every week)
Amari Cooper – Raiders (Been great, but mentally hard to start him because of how terrible Oaklands been through the years, but both Oakland and Cooper seems pretty solid this year. Stop worrying)
John Brown – Arizona (Felt good the first weeks, but Fitzgerald on fire, so now what?)
Nelson Agholor – Eagles (Think I need to let go of him?)

TE
Rob Gronkowski

This week I need a TE as Gronk is on BYE. (Only reason I made changes to my team last year was because of BYEs)

Not so much to think about for the TE position.. Many teams have 2 TEs so I´m left with trying to get Jason Witten, Coby Fleener or maybe Crocket Gilmore or Ladarius Green or something like that..

Also trying to get Flacco instead of Bradford
Thinking of trying to get Antonio Gates one week early and maybe trade him later?
Was going after Chris Johnson – Arizona but maybe that´s just stupid with Ellington coming back.

The players I´m thinking of dropping..
Nelson Agholor, C.J. Spiller, Sam Bradford (Should I drop Tevin Coleman before the others?)

Do I have any players that I should ”sell high” and try to trade away?
I feel weak on RB side as I don´t really like any of my top RBs.. but it feels really hard to trade for RBs..

Any thoughts on RBs (or other players) that I should target in trades where you guys feel their production will rise and I might be able to trade for them. I guess Lynch for example has been pretty bad fantasy wise, but there´s not realistic to think that I´ll be able to trade for him unless the current owner is shopping him?

Thanks

Team looks pretty weak for an 8 team league. How did Stewart end up as your first RB with only 8 teams?

Thanks

That one place where i feel I might have made a mistake.. If Gronkowski hade gone earlier I would have had 2 WR and 1 RB with my first 3 picks (odds are I´d have picked Jeremy Hill though)

1st pick Dez Bryant (7th overall) 1-6 were RBs CJ Andersson and Jeremy Hill was best available (and LeSean McCoy but he was injured at the time of draft if I remember correctly)

2nd Couldn't resist Gronkowski (CJ Andersson and Jeremy Hill was best available)
3rd Randall Cobb (right before me went Ingram, Miller, DeMArco Murray)
4th Stewart (pick 26)
5th Frank Gore (39th) (Forsett, Alfred Morris went after Stewart but before gore)
6th Melvin Gordon (42nd) (Latavius Murray went 41st) (Ameer Abdullah, Carlos Hyde, Andre Ellington went right after)..

Also there was no keepers from last year.. but for this year (and onwards) we are keeping 2 (of which 1 has to be a rookie)

Back