Giolito and Keller

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
I am very uncertain about this game. Giolito is playing on 5 days rest. On 5 days rest he is listed at 6.28 ERA.. The ump is 10-1 for home teams. Maybe Giolito has evolved past that 6.28 but the situation seems dangerous to me. Currently thinking stay away

Minn seems obvious
I Think Houston should be safe but will look more at it as they are operating out of immense fatigue but 8-2 on Saturday pretty good

San Francisco game giant under ref odd results with the starters but will stay with the Dodgers

Last edited:
Skipping Greinke. On good rest after a bad game but poor history with ump

No bets yet with Minn as no Detroit pitcher Gibson on sloppy numers mid 4 ERA with ump major over and around a 4 era on rest but so what
Seeing a 5.85 ERA for Cashner playing on 6

Last edited:
GRAY is 1-1 when starting against NY METS with an ERA of 9.72 and a WHIP of 1.800.
His team's record is 1-3 (-2.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-2. (-0.5 units)
STEVEN MATZ vs. COLORADO since 1997
MATZ is 0-4 when starting against COLORADO with an ERA of 6.84 and a WHIP of 1.817.
His team's record is 0-5 (-6.3 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 4-1. (+2.9 units)
I know Gray is on bad rest

You might be right, He is very good on 5 will think more Davies may be heading for regression but Lyles is there
Adding Milwaukee ml and RL.
Davies has issues but but much better currently then what he is facing

Last edited:
Adding Matz unlike his opponent on 5 he has a 2 ERA and a 0 ERA with the ref who is s mild homer

I am very uncertain about this game. Giolito is playing on 5 days rest. On 5 days rest he is listed at 6.28 ERA.. The ump is 10-1 for home teams. Maybe Giolito has evolved past that 6.28 but the situation seems dangerous to me. Currently thinking stay away
Giolito turned things around for himself early this May. The turnaround corresponds with a mechnanics change or adding a new pitch or something along those lines, can't recall off the top of my head. Since the turnaround, he has 1 start on 5; in 5 inn. gave up 1 ER on 3 hits with 2 walks, on 78 pitches.

could be hope he wins and I can take him off the 5 days duck.
Average bet over 10 minus 5 cents in Cleveland.
Some win but not a lot but 2 pitchers I just do not trust and a 7-3 over ump
Sabathia has a over 5 road ERA. Pluto is garbage. Over with Sabathia is really very common

Buck Farmer is starting for Detroit. Minn has seen him a lot. This year he generally terrible but has a good era in the day. Last year he was terrible in the day; He is about to mete a great road and day team that is 10-2 on Saturday. Have played RL and 2.5. Fairly large. . Yesterday with their best pitcher they lost by 3

Astros light. Mild RL minus 25 cents and a ML parlay with Minn. That is it. Another day of rest will help

San Francisco game giant under ref odd results with the starters but will stay with the Dodgers
Tuck,

Exactly which pieces of data (see tables below) do you use in ascertaining whether an umpire is over or under, and by how much?

Andy Fletcher 2019

HOME TEAM W/L
7-4
HOME AVG. MARGIN
+2.55
HOME MONEY TOTAL
+94

GAME STATS

AVERAGE PER 9 inn.
6.91 RUNS
SO
STARTERS RUNS
WALKS
BULLPENS RUNS
SO/WALKS
PITCHES
HR
STRIKES
INNINGS 1-3
BALLS
INNINGS 4-6
STRIKE %
63.87%
INNINGS 7+
vs. Total O/U
1-9

Chad Whitson 2019

HOME TEAM W/L
6-6
HOME AVG. MARGIN
HOME MONEY TOTAL

GAME STATS

AVERAGE PER 9 inn.
10.08 RUNS
SO
STARTERS RUNS
WALKS
BULLPENS RUNS
SO/WALKS
PITCHES
HR
STRIKES
INNINGS 1-3
BALLS
INNINGS 4-6
STRIKE %
63.87%
INNINGS 7+
vs. Total O/U
8-4

Not that I'm disputing that Fletcher is under and Whitson is over, but wondering what are the most relevant pieces of data for you. Do you use data from previous years at all?

Thanks

YesI I do. Frequently look at a pitchers last 3 years. A little curious why the Houston manager just brougt Will Harris in who has over an 8 ERA in the day. The same mistake that cost Houston and me a lot in the third game with Seattle. sorry a little distracted. Played Price a top day pitcher against Tampa a little while ago
And Harris gives up a RUN

Over in Cleveland cashed and a small first half under in Miami. Just do understand the phobia about using Harris in the day

Jeff has a first time catcher
Hill pretty good catcher 2.57 ERA
Light bet on Dodgers ML and RL

I really do not want to swear but the Houston manger brought in in the 9th down 1 run one of the worst pitchers in baseball

Last edited:
Added under in the SF game with this ump almost forced,
I may be dropping the Astros since betting on a team run by a lunatic is bad strategy

Bet the Cardinals. Beaker said the ump in that game is Gonzalez. That should be Manny
Gonzalez. Lester 7.15 ERA with him and a bad spot to start with
Actually 7.32

So far 4 runs in the first for the Cardinals
Really hope the message got out

Last edited:
YesI I do. Frequently look at a pitchers last 3 years. A little curious why the Houston manager just brougt Will Harris in who has over an 8 ERA in the day. The same mistake that cost Houston and me a lot in the third game with Seattle. sorry a little distracted. Played Price a top day pitcher against Tampa a little while ago
And Harris gives up a RUN
Please, if you can. When evaluating the umpires for totals, which of these do you use? O/U record, runs scored per game, pitches per game, strike %, SO/BB ration, other variables? How do you weight these variables? Is there a formula which is used? Not trying to be funny here, I'm just a bitchy book store manager, what do I know? Tying to learn.

I do not have a formula. i just break down established facts about the pitcher looking for edges.
one game today that interests me is Miami. 25 cents seems a good price Wacha has been seriously bad and he pitches best with Molina who is out. With the other catcher a 10.70 ERA based 17.2 innings and on 6+ 5.74 ERA and at night 6.63. is Miami really supposed to be getting 25 cents here will lock it in in the morning
Actually will lock the first half in
Also realistic look at the the over

Last edited:
Cardinals are off 3 losses and on a 5-1 day of week. They can still lose but it is not easy. Increased interest in over and no side bets to start besides a light first half bet

Likely bet on Dodgers first half
Not possible to skip Miami first half. f you look Miami hits Wacha very well

Last edited:
No strong feeling about Atlanta game.Pitt and Atlanta. Atlanta better team but hard to get behind playing as bad as the Atlanta pitcher is
Ump may decide

I may not when he was getting crushed it was not with a team strong on Mondays
This figures to be a tough day

Bad ump for both starters in Yankee game
Not going to touch this one maybe small over not really sure seems like it helps Mets more

May not help him ump is 9-2 for home teams
Ump in Atlanta no contact with either starter but is a over

I do not have a formula. i just break down established facts about the pitcher looking for edges.
one game today that interests me is Miami. 25 cents seems a good price Wacha has been seriously bad and he pitches best with Molina who is out. With the other catcher a 10.70 ERA based 17.2 innings and on 6+ 5.74 ERA and at night 6.63. is Miami really supposed to be getting 25 cents here will lock it in in the morning
Actually will lock the first half in
Also realistic look at the the over
I can see what you're doing, and can follow along. The thing I need help with, is exactly what you use to say whether an umpire is over or under, and how predominantly. If an umpire has a strong over record, like 8-3 and runs per game are high, but the peripherals like strike % and SO/BB ration are high like you would expect from an under umpire, do you look for regression? Which pieces of data for an umpire are really relevant? And what's the league average for runs, per game, pitches per game, strike %, and SO/BB ratio, so you can gauge which side of the ledger an umpire is on? I'm like a babe in the wioods with this stuff.

I am not saying it is the best way of evaluating but once again I look at the last 3 year of the umps to judge. There are may be a lot of games and limited time

Quintana is going tomorrow in Colorado On 5 days rest he has a 6.16 ERA. At Colorado a 4.58 ERA based on 17.2. Under ump I will look at him but looking at Quintana I start out thinking Over. Lambert has only pitched in the day and I am not seeing any record of him pitching in Colorado.

I am not sure but assuming a doubleheader tomorrow in NY. Mets much better on Tuesdays

Quintana is going tomorrow in Colorado On 5 days rest he has a 6.16 ERA. At Colorado a 4.58 ERA based on 17.2. Under ump I will look at him but looking at Quintana I start out thinking Over. Lambert has only pitched in the day and I am not seeing any record of him pitching in Colorado.

He's only made one career start. Against the Cubs last week.

Back