Gill to be hired at Auburn?

Will he bring his staff with him? One of his assistants Danny Barret was a head coach in the CFL and a good motivator, when I heard he was with Turner GILL coaching I knew they had a huge edge in coaching over Brady HOKE vs Ball state--

Thats another head coach there basically as an assistant.

Ole miss also has Kent AUSTIN as offensive coordinator, he coached a team to the CFL GREY CUP last year and left for OLE MISS--

NO wonder they were so good, had I know this earlier I would have pounded OLE MISS- THis man is an offensive genius and turned a CFL QB into a champion in one year as coach.

Charles Barkely is endorsing a Gill as the next head coach at Auburn and it isn't hard to figure out why

......I don't think Brady HOke is Auburn material.

Gill would be a good choice

He officially got interviewed last night in NYC, but supposedly he was the first of a list the Jay Jacobs was to interview. I think he's the best fit for them, and the most proven (head coach wise) of any legitimate coaches they have on their wish list. They all, and I mean the VAST majority, want Mushchamp, but I just don't see him going over there.

Anyone that watched the MAC championship game saw how much he cares for his players. That had to be the longest man hug with his AD I have ever seen. The guys has a passion for the game and it shows. He has brought the bulls from the bottom of all of NCAA foots to the top of theire respective conference. He would have good success recruiting in the south. Granted he will be up against Saban in state, but the population in the State of AL is highly black. Having a black head coach in a talent rich state would work wonders for the AU program. He has two great high school football programs within a 10 mile radius of the campus in Opelika (knocked out of the state title race in the semis by the eventual state champ - Prattville) and Auburn High (knocked out by Prattville one round earlier). If he could steel Prattville and Hoover High from the Bama nation, he could rebuild this program within 3 years. He has a recruiting pipeline in West GA, and if he can recruit the panhandle of Fla. he will be set. I only hope the AUB's realize what an untapted commodity he would be for the program.

Getting guys who have played in the CFL formerly is a good thing. GIll was great for the community and I suspect he must have had connections still in the CFL and hired Danny Barrett for the assistant head coach job. I mean when I saw Barret on the sidelines I almost fainted. I was like what he is doing there? Gill knows what he is doing and hiring Danny Barrett is huge because that man knows quarterbacking and coached in a PRO passing league-

Turner Gill is a great coach, good motivator, a players coach but not a guy that players will walk all over.

Kent Austin of OLE MISS the Offensive coordinator will also probably leave Ole miss and be a head coach in the SEC- That man knows football, and can coach also-

Next year I would expect huge things from OLE MISS offensively as Austin is a great play caller.

Turner Gill will be able to recruit well, he will establish true friendships with the players and teach about them life. He wont pull the SABAN bullshit lies that he recruits players for football and could not care less about their education.

I only know of Turner Gill because when I was a kid I went to a hometown CFL game and our arch enemy team was Montreal. I was crying after our team lost to Montreal, and the QB for them was none other than TURNER GILL.

If he isnt on Bobby Lowder's list of coaches it won't happen. For those that dont know, Lowder is a big shot on the board and absolutely ruins everything he touches. Look at his bank stock! Bastard!!

I think he would fit the bill for auburn's type of ball play

If he isnt on Bobby Lowder's list of coaches it won't happen. For those that dont know, Lowder is a big shot on the board and absolutely ruins everything he touches. Look at his bank stock! Bastard!!

I think he would fit the bill for auburn's type of ball play

He did get bailed out by the government at $500 mil. Funny thing is, it happened the day before Tubs was let loose.

Back