Gary Patterson?

Makes a lot more sense now that I've read up

Apparently TCU asked him to stay on for the season and take a more admin role with the program next year but he wanted to leave now because of the Texas Tech opening. Have to think TCU would be the better job simply due to location

TCU is not a real good job. I would imagine they are going to try to go big on this.

They could hire Cumbie away from Tech but I don't see that. Pretty much the best they could do is Tom Herman.

I have no idea who they could even get. They are going to screw this up almost assuredly.

If I were TCU I would probably hire Brett Venables. He's a guy that has kind of dropped out of the candidate list and would probably take it.

Patterson will take a year off. He is not a sexy hire so he will have a tough time getting a job at 61. He'd have to get a job like Kansas State after the coach got hired away or Iowa State. Those jobs are just not going to be available. He is probably done as a coach but might show up at Tarleton State or something.

Wonder if he's just had enough

He legitimately is why TCU is relevant and in a power conference, if he's checked out it would explain that defense

yea, pretty shocking how bad that defense has become this year.

Yes, that is probably why he got fired. He is a defensive coach and they have not been real good the last four years. Offense was a problem and now you lose the defense. It is panic time for a donor They were already tired of him and want some new blood.

Thoughts on him going to Nebraska? Frost has some boosters in his back pocket, but if he loses 6 straight after starting 3-3, I can’t see how they justify keeping him.

Thoughts on him going to Nebraska? Frost has some boosters in his back pocket, but if he loses 6 straight after starting 3-3, I can’t see how they justify keeping him.

Frost may be gone, but it ain't going to be Patterson.

They need a splash hire after the Frost experiment, they should challenge for the B1G West every year

Unfortunately, Nebraska’s program isn’t at a point where they are going to get a “splash hire.”

They need a splash hire after the Frost experiment, they should challenge for the B1G West every year

Not sure we need a splash hire. We just need an above average coach and then yes, we should be first or second in the west every year.

Patterson will not be getting a major job. If he still wants to coach, he will get a rebuild or replace a coach that gets hired away. He's damaged goods now. Only a desperate program will hire him or an AD that really needs to win or get fired. If he was willing to coach at North Texas or Texas State, those schools would probably hire him but they would probably even pass on him.

No. But he can at least play the part. He has been interviewed and is apparently possibly in the running. They are trying to get Campbell.

Deion would recruit lights out. It might be worth a shot.

Not sure we need a splash hire. We just need an above average coach and then yes, we should be first or second in the west every year.
Looks like Nebby has interest in Mickey Joseph and Peetz. Joseph would be a home run and Peetz might work for Frost. Not bad

Back