Garnett out of the playoffs.

Fucking around with some soft euros who wont do anything back is NOT funny. I just see it as a tendency from KG. He wont do this to Artest or a Sheed. THAT would be funny AND I would have respected him even more for it. But he is afraid as fuck for tougher guys.

THIS

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/IT8qLg2NjnQ&hl=en&fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

3rd string rookie PG Bayless who had played 51 minutes in his career. Bitch move by KG. I can promise you that he never would have tried that shit against Barkley, Malone, Duncan or anybody else with a similar stature/rep.

exactly.

C'mon.

Your too smart for this.

I would put those two up there but....

Whole nother topic

I'm trying to think of someone more intense. Lewis was the only other guy I thought of as comparable. As I say, I honestly worry about the guy. He looks like he could honestly physically harm himself or someone else when a game is going badly.

Who immediately comes to mind as being a more intense NBA player than Garnett?

KG is a smart guy with psychological issues. His competitiveness gets the best of him, but he is also smart enough to go after someone who wont fight back.

eh I've been studyin for midterm in 45 minutes but will say that Killa beat me to the KG praise. Surprised no one posts what he did with david west, lamar odom, duncan... off the top of my head. Will get more into it probably later, but completely agree with killa- KG is everything right with basketball. He turned the celtics from chumps to champs by screaming

I'm trying to think of someone more intense. Lewis was the only other guy I thought of as comparable. As I say, I honestly worry about the guy. He looks like he could honestly physically harm himself or someone else when a game is going badly.

Who immediately comes to mind as being a more intense NBA player than Garnett?

Maybe I misunderstood current or all-time?

I guess how demonstrative he is makes him stick out. The most intense player to me is still Kobias. He just doesn't show it as outwardly. But, there is no player in league I would want to get mad least than Kobe. MJ is the most intense of my lifetime easily. His intesity in practices is legendary as Bryants has become as well.

Agreed. Remember when MJ clocked Steve Kerr in practice for getting the score wrong or some shit in a scrimmage? LOL

Agreed. Remember when MJ clocked Steve Kerr in practice for getting the score wrong or some shit in a scrimmage? LOL

Yeah, many stories like that. The only time he backed down was when Cartwright threatened to break his legs.

My friends and I had this dominant youth basketball team, and one time we played this really shitty team so we thought it'd be a good idea to play the entire game with all of us emulating Cartwright's form on every shot we took. It was funny as fuck. Dude had the greatest form ever, especially on FTs.

I still think KG plays and is

a) looking for attention
b) looking for an excuse
c) looking for attention

My friends and I had this dominant youth basketball team, and one time we played this really shitty team so we thought it'd be a good idea to play the entire game with all of us emulating Cartwright's form on every shot we took. It was funny as fuck. Dude had the greatest form ever, especially on FTs.

That's hilarious man. Me and some hcildhood friends used to try and do that same thing. Feels like your elbows are going to pop out.

Tbone is somewhat right. Thats not my main reason. Not that I lost respect for him as a ballplayer. His skill set is amazing and I respect his defense as much as any forward in league. He still isn;t clutch though. We all know Paul won that ring for Boston overall. KG has always been average in huge games offensively. Still gets it done defensively.

I just do not repspect the way he acts on the court since he got there. He gets put with two HOF's are starts acting like a bigger punk than he did in Minnesota. He tries to bully other opponents. he also got whinier with refs and whatnot.

I guess the statement sounded strong, but that is how I feel.

On another note, nice job Detroit blowing that game last Monday or you would have had a 50/50 shot of getting out of the first round.

I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but this one stood out. I disagree. First, I will say I despise NBA players. They have fun and make millions...blah blah blah. KG revolutionized the PF position. He played with a shit team for however many years and dealt with it. Finally (like anyone would), he got fed up. Once with a decent squad, he did win a ring. His intensity on the court is unmatched. You know as well as I, the NBA game is about motivation. You're getting GUARANTEED millions. You aren't paid on performance; you're paid on potential. From all I've read and the little I've seen on KG, he was an inspiring leader on the floor. I really like this guy. Not my favorite player, but I like him.

Tis story is a joke imo. Garnett will be playing by the ECF.

I mean I didn't read the story, but I know for a fact it will take A LOT for KG not to play in the playoffs. They can probably squeak by in rd 1 maybe even rd 2 without him, but I'm sure he'll play even if he's not 100%.

I also agree KG is a pussy for trying to be a bully on weaker guys. He's a good player but you'll never see him try that on the tough guys of the league.

18-7 without KG during reg season this year. believe we also beat em without KG, as well at the UC. i'd love D Rose to get to round 2 and become legendary. kid is gonna be right there with paul in 2 years.

18-7 without KG during reg season this year. believe we also beat em without KG, as well at the UC. i'd love D Rose to get to round 2 and become legendary. kid is gonna be right there with paul in 2 years.

beating an overrated celtics team without its best player and getting to round 2 isnt exactly what legends are made of...

what purpose is doc trying to serve making his own medical assessment?

maybe he should let the professionals handle it next time.

liked the article, but this

My dad and I had the same conversation five times in the past month, as it became clearer and clearer that Garnett was more injured than the team was saying, and we had it again today: Was one title (and a memorable season) worth giving up Al Jefferson, a few first-rounders and Ratliff's expiring deal that maybe could have been used to trump the Lakers for Pau Gasol? Yes. Yes it was. The goal is to win the title. We won a title. I would do it again. There is no statistic to capture the effect Garnett had on the rest of these guys; they played with a collective heart that reminds me of only one other Celtics team. Which brings me to my final point.

is something i completely agree with. I hate teams that play for ok. Something I always say is the only reason you make moves should be to win a championship- whether its this year or 8 years from now.

Really sucks as a part celtic fan and a big KG fan to see this happen for the C's. Still think they beat Orlando and give the cavs a fight. These celtics last yr, and maybe even more so this yr are just easy for me to like and cheer on. You can get emotionally attatched to them which I don't think you can say about any other team left- maybe portland esp if Oden erupts this postseason- which is obviously a huge if

liked the article, but this

My dad and I had the same conversation five times in the past month, as it became clearer and clearer that Garnett was more injured than the team was saying, and we had it again today: Was one title (and a memorable season) worth giving up Al Jefferson, a few first-rounders and Ratliff's expiring deal that maybe could have been used to trump the Lakers for Pau Gasol? Yes. Yes it was. The goal is to win the title. We won a title. I would do it again. There is no statistic to capture the effect Garnett had on the rest of these guys; they played with a collective heart that reminds me of only one other Celtics team. Which brings me to my final point.

is something i completely agree with. I hate teams that play for ok. Something I always say is the only reason you make moves should be to win a championship- whether its this year or 8 years from now.

Really sucks as a part celtic fan and a big KG fan to see this happen for the C's. Still think they beat Orlando and give the cavs a fight. These celtics last yr, and maybe even more so this yr are just easy for me to like and cheer on. You can get emotionally attatched to them which I don't think you can say about any other team left- maybe portland esp if Oden erupts this postseason- which is obviously a huge if

Couldn't agree more :shake:

Back