Garnett out of the playoffs.

Didn't expect to wake up to this...

As much respect as I lost for him since he got to Boston the guy is still a warrior and I feel bad for him and the team. It also messes up my first round plans.

But, I have a "future"...so to speak on Cleveland advancing farther than Boston so this is great in that regard.

Didn't expect to wake up to this...

As much respect as I lost for him since he got to Boston the guy is still a warrior and I feel bad for him and the team. It also messes up my first round plans.

But, I have a "future"...so to speak on Cleveland advancing farther than Boston so this is great in that regard.

Curious as to why you lost respect for him when he got to Boston?

^^^ I'm curious too. No player in the NBA I respect more than that man. He is everything that is right with professional sports.

This is heart-breaking. I'm so fucking happy he got that title last year, b/c it won't happen again.

Curious as to why you lost respect for him when he got to Boston?

if memory serves, he sold out to get to boston. he always talked about staying in minnesota and building that team up with him as the focal point. then late in his time there, he pushed for a trade. why not bring players to minnesota (like cleveland did with lbj)?

Tbone is somewhat right. Thats not my main reason. Not that I lost respect for him as a ballplayer. His skill set is amazing and I respect his defense as much as any forward in league. He still isn;t clutch though. We all know Paul won that ring for Boston overall. KG has always been average in huge games offensively. Still gets it done defensively.

I just do not repspect the way he acts on the court since he got there. He gets put with two HOF's are starts acting like a bigger punk than he did in Minnesota. He tries to bully other opponents. he also got whinier with refs and whatnot.

I guess the statement sounded strong, but that is how I feel.

On another note, nice job Detroit blowing that game last Monday or you would have had a 50/50 shot of getting out of the first round.

i like kg. not as much as when he was in minnesota with nike, though. am i the only one who thought the nike commercials with his cartoon caricature was cool? or the fun police? but i respect kg more than i like him for his personality. it's like kobe. mad respect for his game. him personally? hate him with a passion.

Last edited:
if memory serves, he sold out to get to boston. he always talked about staying in minnesota and building that team up with him as the focal point. then late in his time there, he pushed for a trade. why not bring players to minnesota (like cleveland did with lbj)?

" He sold out" They did build the team up they lost and that window closed. The team around him was going no where and no one worthwhile was signing as a free agent, and no one wanted to trade for the scrap around Garnett.

Twolves needed to make a decision, and while you may be a fan of them, they werent going anywhere and were not going to get the pieces to go anywhere. Trade him when his value is as high as its going to get.

Garnett 13 yrs in the league and 32 yrs old,, LBJ the new face of the nba 24 yrs old, 5 yrs in the league, much easier to build around a guy who has a minimum of 8 years of mvp caliber ball left in him...

lmfao at a Pistons fan having problems with court antics and bully's...

cmon bro.

Never been an issue with Detroit. Talking about against some other teams and it was mainly regular season. I think KG is a prima donna who isn't clutch and although he is a huge cog for Boston and made them a defensive force he still rode Pierce to a ring. He also couldn't get the job done after 10 years with the team that drafted him. Thats why KG isn't a superstar.

well bar i think pierce rode him for a ring...he had a couple amazing clutch performances, but he aint shit without garnett's defense and his contagious defensive presence...i think we're about to find that out...

he summed up everything when he said in an interview the year before they got kg and ray---we need some veteran leadership. lmao--umm how long have you been in the league and you're supposedly our best player---you're supposed to be the veteran leader, dick!

i know exactly what you're talking about when it comes to him being a whiner though and not clutch...he played terrible when paul pierce got hot in the ECF last year and noone talks as much shit to other players than he does...everyone bitches at the refs especially superstars so that's just something i don't like about the league in general, but he acts like a complete bitch to other players which i don't like.

" He sold out" They did build the team up they lost and that window closed. The team around him was going no where and no one worthwhile was signing as a free agent, and no one wanted to trade for the scrap around Garnett.

Twolves needed to make a decision, and while you may be a fan of them, they werent going anywhere and were not going to get the pieces to go anywhere. Trade him when his value is as high as its going to get.

Garnett 13 yrs in the league and 32 yrs old,, LBJ the new face of the nba 24 yrs old, 5 yrs in the league, much easier to build around a guy who has a minimum of 8 years of mvp caliber ball left in him...

first, i have no team preference in the nba. i hate the regular season, unless i have money somewhere or it's fba.

when kg was traded to boston, he was 31. i don't think the window closed where you couldn't build around him. for reference, kobe turns 31 this year. how long did it take to assemble pau and bynum? just 1-2 years....

Joe, I guess we could say they each rode each other in a way. KG was never gonna get that far if he wasthe one taking shots in 4th qtr. Pierce needed that backup behind him defensively.

But you get what I am saying about how he acts towards other players.

Tbone is somewhat right. Thats not my main reason. Not that I lost respect for him as a ballplayer. His skill set is amazing and I respect his defense as much as any forward in league. He still isn;t clutch though. We all know Paul won that ring for Boston overall. KG has always been average in huge games offensively. Still gets it done defensively.

I just do not repspect the way he acts on the court since he got there. He gets put with two HOF's are starts acting like a bigger punk than he did in Minnesota. He tries to bully other opponents. he also got whinier with refs and whatnot.

I guess the statement sounded strong, but that is how I feel.

On another note, nice job Detroit blowing that game last Monday or you would have had a 50/50 shot of getting out of the first round.

I agree some of the antics are much, but that is part of his game, just like jordan or Bird talking trash... but the other part doesnt make sense to me.

so clutch is only on the offensive end?

you say he isnt clutch but you respect his defense, just becaue a guy doesnt hit the game winning shot you dont think he is clutch??

how about him making the defensive play of the game, to set that shot up, or setting a pick and popping out 15 feet from the basket and his guy has to come out and cover him which opens up the middle and gets pierce or allen in the match-up they need to get off a good shot.

clutch isn't about hitting "the game winning shot"
Clutch is about doing the things to get you the opportunity to win the game and he does this on a regular basis.

Paul Pierce never played a lick of defense until Garnett got to Boston, yes pierce carried them on the offense, but he doesnt do it or get a chance to do it without Garnett on defense and ray hitting a few shots as well.

as much as i think they are an entirely different team without kg, i still think they find a way to beat orlando in game 7 without him...call me crazy but i haven't been able to take orlando nearly as seriously as almost everyone else has, and yes, i do remember their 30 point beatdown vs my cavs a short time ago.

In KG's defense, it is now a swingmans league. I dont think any pf or C could be clutch down the stretch anymore.

I dont think any team with only a frontcourt player can win anything in this league.

IMO Pierce wins nothing without KG and vice versa.

first, i have no team preference in the nba. i hate the regular season, unless i have money somewhere or it's fba.

when kg was traded to boston, he was 31. i don't think the window closed where you couldn't build around him. for reference, kobe turns 31 this year. how long did it take to assemble pau and bynum? just 1-2 years....

Fair enough.... The ownership and GM couldnt get it done for minnesota.

You didnt mention kobe and the lakers the first time but since you did now. Kobe has far less mileage than Garnett has. He also doesnt play a position that takes as much beating as a big guy does, i am not saying Kobe doesnt get hit, but he doesnt take the pounding the Garnett has had over his whole career.

CashMan, absolutely right. I watched every series the Timberpups had. A player as "great" as him couldn't make plays to get them past series. My thing with Garnett is just like broadway joe said and I said...the shit he talks and how he acts. Now, I love trash-talking in the league. If you notice Granett though he is always doing it to a role player or someone that cannot come back at him. I know someone will retort with the icy relationship him and Duncan had at one point and still may...I am talking in general though.

In an interview yesterday Rivers said he was probable to start in Game 1 and now he could miss the entire postseason?
I wonder how he can change his opinion by watching him in 20min practice. Very weird.

Going to what Zecco said....

Lets not believe everything we hear right now. Maybe Doc has been reading Phil's book of mindgames.

As a fan, and if I was a Cleveland fan...I want him at full strength. Nothing like advancing to the Finals against a weaker field.

Never been an issue with Detroit. Talking about against some other teams and it was mainly regular season. I think KG is a prima donna who isn't clutch and although he is a huge cog for Boston and made them a defensive force he still rode Pierce to a ring. He also couldn't get the job done after 10 years with the team that drafted him. Thats why KG isn't a superstar.

Prima donna? Rode Pierce to a ring? Come on man. Garnett changed the entire basketball culture in that city. The big 3 was really the big 1. Pierce was the scorer and came up huge in the finals, but KG is the guy who, by his mere arrival there, instantly changed the culture of that team. The guy has given 110% every night for 13 seasons and is the most intense player in the league. Knowing the way you feel about the lack of effort and intensity in this league, I'm shocked you don't have the utmost respect for this guy.

As I said, I think he is everything that is right with professional sports. 110% every night, unrelenting intensity, unparalleled drive to win, and always putting the team ahead of himself.

you gotta be fucking kidding me. KG stayed with this organization for 3-4 years longer than he should have. He begged, preached, and did everything in his power to get better players in Minny...he left because there is only so long you can sustain your loyalty before it becomes stupidity.

KG didnt sell out for shit, KG gave everything and more the Minny...and they didnt do shit for him.

As for how he treats his teammates, good. If he takes it too far sometimes, good. Gimme the guy who cares THAT much, who maybe takes it into overdrive and rides his teammates a little too hard, over the guy who doesn't give a shit any day of the week. If the biggest complaint against KG is that he drives his teammates too hard to be better, then he's doing a pretty damn good job.

Prima donna? Rode Pierce to a ring? Come on man. Garnett changed the entire basketball culture in that city. The big 3 was really the big 1. Pierce was the scorer and came up huge in the finals, but KG is the guy who, by his mere arrival there, instantly changed the culture of that team. The guy has given 110% every night for 13 seasons and is the most intense player in the league. Knowing the way you feel about the lack of effort and intensity in this league, I'm shocked you don't have the utmost respect for this guy.

As I said, I think he is everything that is right with professional sports. 110% every night, unrelenting intensity, unparalleled drive to win, and always putting the team ahead of himself.

I respect his game a shitton man. He is a great defender and a great team player. I just don't respecty how he acts like a punk to a lot of other players in the league. I don't care if you hit a few shots and talk shit. All for that. He likes to talk shit and act like a thug to role players. I just don't get it.

CashMan, absolutely right. I watched every series the Timberpups had. A player as "great" as him couldn't make plays to get them past series. My thing with Garnett is just like broadway joe said and I said...the shit he talks and how he acts. Now, I love trash-talking in the league. If you notice Granett though he is always doing it to a role player or someone that cannot come back at him. I know someone will retort with the icy relationship him and Duncan had at one point and still may...I am talking in general though.

Cmon BAR, the best players KG ever played with were Sam Cassell/Latrell Sprewell...and both were playing for contracts if my memory is right.

I will agree though, KG is not the guy to take the big shot at the end of the game....he never has been and never will.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IT8qLg2NjnQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IT8qLg2NjnQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3rd string rookie PG Bayless who had played 51 minutes in his career. Bitch move by KG. I can promise you that he never would have tried that shit against Barkley, Malone, Duncan or anybody else with a similar stature/rep.

As for how he treats his teammates, good. If he takes it too far sometimes, good. Gimme the guy who cares THAT much, who maybe takes it into overdrive and rides his teammates a little too hard, over the guy who doesn't give a shit any day of the week. If the biggest complaint against KG is that he drives his teammates too hard to be better, then he's doing a pretty damn good job.

:cheers:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Arh5bmAsWb0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Arh5bmAsWb0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Taunting another PG.

Prima donna? Rode Pierce to a ring? Come on man. Garnett changed the entire basketball culture in that city. The big 3 was really the big 1. Pierce was the scorer and came up huge in the finals, but KG is the guy who, by his mere arrival there, instantly changed the culture of that team.

When I say he rode Pierce to a ring....I shoulda explained better the first time in all honesty. Paul was on the border of superstar status at the beginning of this decade. He got stuck in purgatory though for so many years that people forgot about him. After last year its like he was discovered which is laughable. I say rode because Boston doesn't get out of first or second round without Pauls timely play. KG never wins a ship anywhere w/o a clutch offensive player next to him that can take over games. As far as change the culture of the city...maybe..I'll defer to Boston guys on that. This is the most proud(damn, almost puked in my mouth) NBA franchise there is. Ownership/management was so mishandled forever and the deatch of two greats put this team back for about 15 years for most part. KG won't even go down as one of the top 10 celtcs ever unless they win a few more ships on his watch.

Omg lighten up you guys. Both those videos are fucking hilarious lol

Cmon BAR, the best players KG ever played with were Sam Cassell/Latrell Sprewell...and both were playing for contracts if my memory is right.

I will agree though, KG is not the guy to take the big shot at the end of the game....he never has been and never will.

I understand it was tougher in Minnesota. Especially after the Joe Smith fiasco.:shake:

That's what I am saying.

Its fuckin Jose Calderon and Jerryd Bayless! Pick on another star or at least a player taller than 6'4"

U guys are taking that shit WAY too seriously. He fucks with those guys b/c people like me think it's funny as fuck. He's a jokester, he always has been. He torments Craig Sager about his suits. He's one of the funniest guys in the league. The 'rivalry' between him and Calderon is great lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tGKzzU4H2s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tGKzzU4H2s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

0:06 second mark bottom right of your screen. KG again cheap shotting somebody that isn't nearly his size. Used to love the guy but he's become one big douche since he won his ring. Karma KG, Karma.

you gotta be fucking kidding me. KG stayed with this organization for 3-4 years longer than he should have. He begged, preached, and did everything in his power to get better players in Minny...he left because there is only so long you can sustain your loyalty before it becomes stupidity.

KG didnt sell out for shit, KG gave everything and more the Minny...and they didnt do shit for him.

:cheers:

Agree very much. KG was 31 when he got to Boston and I think he stayed in Minnesota long enough to the point where it's unreasonable to even build around him. He's one of the highest paid players in the league in such a small franchise market. I think he's done possibly anything he could of done in all those years and the least Minnesota can do was assemble a decent squad. From what I recall in the 06 season, the wolves were just :hang:.

In KG's defense, he is definitely a respectable player. Yes, he's been more of a bully and got cockier this year compared with the rest. But hey, this guy took the losing heat for all those years and last year was his first year to shine as a winner. Give the guy a break. Also, teams don't set a 4 or 5 with the game winning shots (at least I've never seen this before). defense is very under-rated compared to offense. People would think you're good when you can toss up 30 points every night, but they don't recognize the hard fought rebounds or the blocked shots that WOULD OF been converted to 2 or 3 points.

U guys are taking that shit WAY too seriously. He fucks with those guys b/c people like me think it's funny as fuck. He's a jokester, he always has been. He torments Craig Sager about his suits. He's one of the funniest guys in the league. The 'rivalry' between him and Calderon is great lol

And he tried to break the ribs of Bellenilli with that LB screen he set in the last video. We've had this convo before either way. Used to love the guy, but winning went to his head and it's quite obvious.

And he tried to break the ribs of Bellenilli with that LB screen he set in the last video. We've had this convo before either way. Used to love the guy, but winning went to his head and it's quite obvious.

That was cheap and you can't really say anything to cover it. :cheers:

He's intense to the point of being psychotic. I honestly worry about the guy sometimes. I worry about what he will do to other humans or himself when he loses a game. As Bill Simmons just wrote in that piece, he plays with an intensity usually reserved for mothers rescuing their babies from a burning house. He's the most intense athlete I've probably personally ever watched.

These beefs he has with the Belinellis and Calderons of the league are fucking great tho lol.

Ray Lewis and Garnett probably the two most psychotically intense athletes I've seen.

Fucking around with some soft euros who wont do anything back is NOT funny. I just see it as a tendency from KG. He wont do this to Artest or a Sheed. THAT would be funny AND I would have respected him even more for it. But he is afraid as fuck for tougher guys.

He's the most intense athlete I've probably personally ever watched.

C'mon.

Your too smart for this.

I would put those two up there but....

Whole nother topic

Back