Games 2's Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
1-0 +5.00 units

Great start to the playoffs on Saturday with the Cleveland win. The best player on the court got it done in the 4th quarter as he usually does. I like Washingtons startegy of basically roughing up James but this is a fuckin horse kids and he won't wear down. This is turning into a nice mini-rivalry in the NBA.

Elsewhere, Philly really grew up in the 2nd half last night. Thats why Andre Miller is so respected around the league. The guy is that good. Other than Maxy and Wallace(who was awesome), the rest of the Detroit crew didn't play up to snuff. After the first 10 minutes, they played a great end to the first half but in typical Detroit fashion figured they would cruise the rest of the game. Philly's defense also played excellent in the 2nd half. Take away the throw-away game last week in Philly and every game this year between these two teams has been the same way. Low-scoring and ugly. Detroit got shots at times, just didn't make them. They'll come back strong in Game 2 but I do think this series could extend to 6 or 7 now..most likely 6.

Only played the one play on the weekend slate. I have two I leaned and regret. The total in Orlando and Toronto. Just had a feeling that would be high-scoring. The other is the Celtics. This is going to be a very quick seris and the foolish comments Josh Smith made almost had me lay that 15 last night. Oh well.

Onto Mondays Game 2's:

Cleveland -1.5 -110 2.5 units
Houston -1 -110 2.5 units

Good luck. I'll be around a lot of the night tonight.

Loving the Houston Play. Your boys will be just fine yesterday was just a small bump in the road. Hope is selling at an all time high right now in Philadelphia.

Haven't made a bet on the Cavs yet, but I'm leaning strongly.

Gl AL.

with you on cleveland.

good health on houston, especially without alston. don't think houston has enough grit to win and their big win streak i think hurts them by thinking they should win instead of going after it.

with you on cleveland.

good health on houston, especially without alston. don't think houston has enough grit to win and their big win streak i think hurts them by thinking they should win instead of going after it.
Totally understand what you are saying. I gotta go with the desperate situation team here. I think they will play a bit better defensively and shoot better as well. Utah is a better team for sure and could well finish this series in 5...but I think..the Rockets get one tonight.

GL

the fans must be ripping saunders up there, even if they make it a few rounds, will they still dump him? his rotation seems to be all over the place.

btw you are right they are desperate, but can you bet money on tmac in desperate.

GL BAR tonite..how can the line be lower for the cavs game than it was in game one??

BTW - I like detroit for game 2 !!

the fans must be ripping saunders up there, even if they make it a few rounds, will they still dump him? his rotation seems to be all over the place.

btw you are right they are desperate, but can you bet money on tmac in desperate.

Well...Stuckey seemed a bit nervous but played okay..Theo was great defensively in the 5 minutes he played and Max was awesome. Its Hamilton,Billups and Prince that lost this game. Terrible shooting.

I would have liked Flip to stick with the bench more...like he has...brings a different element to the game. Its much like the 2004 team that had Hunter, James, Corliss, Okur coming off the bench. Putting Lindsey and Stuckey out there at same time to full court pressure would be a stroke of genius.

Just a typical Detroit thinking they would cruise type game. Happens almost every year in the first round...cept last year.

tailed you on cavs....also lovin houston so i will be on that as well....any leans for houston o/u at 183 ? thanks in advance big al

tailed you on cavs....also lovin houston so i will be on that as well....any leans for houston o/u at 183 ? thanks in advance big al

Well, Houston will shoot better than 37 percent. I expect the Jazz to be closer to say 46-48 in this game. They are a good shooting team but I think the Rockets defense tightens a bit. Your asking for 92 apiece there. I think Houston needs 95 at least to win...so I would lean that way as far as Over

i'm on both bar. love cleveland. a lil flippy on my rockets and jizz. let's take the desperation here. let's get this BAR!

AUBURN HILLS -- Last season's postseason evaluation dealt with this season's postseason value, of which little was in evidence in the Detroit Pistons' playoff-opening meltdown Sunday. Rest the starters, Joe Dumars told his head coach.
Develop the bench.
Well, the latter half certainly worked, even if the fresh-leggedness the Pistons hoped to achieve by playing their starters shorter minutes had absolutely no effect in a 90-86 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers.
In many ways, the bench development represents purging the last vestiges of the Larry Brown championship era, for Brown's loyalty to his veterans and indifference to youth was his single biggest weakness with the Pistons, though planning for the future doesn't mean much to a coach who barely stayed in any job long enough to learn the zip code. Unless, by planning for the future, you mean updating his resume.
Developing the bench worked.
Jason Maxiell was the best player on the floor for extended stretches of Game 1. Only Rasheed Wallace had a better overall game for the Pistons than the backup big man.
Chauncey Billups said recently that the Pistons' bench would be good enough to make the playoffs, even without their starters.
The bench produced.
The veterans couldn't finish.
No Piston played more than Richard Hamilton's 33.7 minutes per game this season, yet none of that regular-season conservation was on display down the stretch.

With the result hanging, Reggie Evans, a 47-percent free-throw shooter, swished a pair to give the 76ers a one-point lead. Billups, a 92-percent free-throw shooter, bricked a pair to keep the Pistons one point behind, and later missed another.
Maxiell, the bench ace, drew a big charge for change of possession.
But Tayshaun Prince, another veteran saved during the regular season, missed a potential go-ahead shot that never had a chance, and Rasheed Wallace missed a chippy to tie.
An apparent blowout at halftime, with the Pistons leading by 13 points, went sour immediately at the beginning of the third quarter. The Pistons couldn't find the defensive stops they got in the first half, and fell into one of their periodic bouts with offensive inconsistency.
"They're a young team," Prince said. "They play hard, and if you let them back in the game, they have a chance."
The Pistons hoped to mitigate their potential playoff opponents' youthful advantages by reducing their key players' minutes during the regular season.
Saunders, at times during his first two years, was guilty of trying to keep pace with Brown, and did something his predecessor never did with a 64-win regular season in 2005-06, but has yet to reach the NBA Finals. In fact, he was fortunate to extend the five-year streak of Eastern Conference Finals appearances, considering the difficulties with Cleveland in the semifinals two years ago.
The Pistons are committed to this group, with support from a youthful bench honed throughout the season' by Dumars' rotation dictum, and time is running out for another championship run.
Hence, the heart-to-heart after last season, when the president of basketball operations sat down his head coach and said the regular-season rotation was flawed.
Well, Sunday was the first test of how the new method worked, with four starters playing more minutes than they averaged during the regular season -- all but Antonio McDyess, who yielded his time to Maxiell -- and ending in a series of missed layups, missed free throws, and missed jump shots.
The direction of the franchise could turn on this postseason. Saunders has one year left on his contract, and while Dumars and owner Bill Davidson appreciate and admire him, such coaches often don't get to serve out their lame-duck terms.
Then, with this first playoff series bearing all the earmarks of brevity, the more experienced and talented team hit the second half.
At that point, they just looked like the older team, as the senior statesman noted.
"We better start closing out games and playing the way we're supposed to," said Lindsey Hunter, "or we're going to get our butts kicked by a young, hungry team."

Thanks guys. I am mad that I played Houston now. They just cannot compete with Utah right now. That being said, they still have a chancebut Deron is controlling this series right now. Those late three balls killed my chance to hedge out at half. Ah well, we'll see how it plays out.

Well, 10 missed free-throws..a dumb offensive foul on Scola and a crazy bounce off the side of the backboard to get Ashton that last second clinching shot. Oh well. I don't feel like it was a tough loss because Houston just isn't as good as Utah. Utah will sweep the series. The line should be like -5 or -6 but I can see oddmakers posting a 7.5 or so for Game three.

2-1 +4.90 units

Well, 10 missed free-throws..a dumb offensive foul on Scola and a crazy bounce off the side of the backboard to get Ashton that last second clinching shot. Oh well. I don't feel like it was a tough loss because Houston just isn't as good as Utah. Utah will sweep the series. The line should be like -5 or -6 but I can see oddmakers posting a 7.5 or so for Game three.

2-1 +4.90 units

I agree with this being a 4-0 sweep. I really think Houston keeps it close in Game 3 & then lose Game 4 by about 25-30 points.

2-1 +4.90 units

Nice work on CLE so far BAR. I've stayed away from that series so far but you've nailed it and that series future is looking great.

Would have wished you luck earlier but you know the whole betting against the Jazz thing kept me off of that. :) I think you'll honestly see an outrageous 9.5 or higher for the Jazz in game 3. Are the books really going to get Houston action at anything under DD's? I can see the Houston team self imploding at this point although I have a ton of respect for Adelman to keep them together.

Nice work on CLE so far BAR. I've stayed away from that series so far but you've nailed it and that series future is looking great.

Would have wished you luck earlier but you know the whole betting against the Jazz thing kept me off of that. :) I think you'll honestly see an outrageous 9.5 or higher for the Jazz in game 3. Are the books really going to get Houston action at anything under DD's? I can see the Houston team self imploding at this point although I have a ton of respect for Adelman to keep them together.

You never know. I was going to give them the credit of say a 8.5 swing with a 7.5...but I coul be having too much faith.

Tuesday Picks

Orlando -5.5 -110 4 units
Orlando over 198.5 -110 2 units

Well, first we get a discounted line after game one. Game opened at 6.5 but is now at this current number. Thats just fine with me. I unerstand that Orlando is not going to come out with the fir they had the other day but lets not read too much into the Raptors comeback though. Thats typical NBA. Its a typical defaltion after a hot start. The fact is Orlando is just a much better team. This series IMO now will go only 5 games. Possibly six but I really think the Raps only win is Game 3. Toronto didn't exactly come into he playoffs playing well. I lik how Lewis played Bosh at times. Really frustrated him. I know Chris will adjust and should be a bit better but thats the playoffs-adjustments. They'll be everywhere. The good part of Game one is that Jameer Nelson was assertive and played great. If they play Detroit next round he'll get exposed as he usually does but against the Raptor guards he can be quite effective in my estimation. Howard is too much inside. He got his first playoff "lesson" last year and now he gets a series where he can just "dominate". That opens it up for the Orlando wing players. I think Orlando coasts here. I missed the over in game one but get a reasonable number still for game two. The Raptors shot under 40 percent and still got 100. There will be plenty of FT opportunities here. Magic cruise 112-99

New Orleans -3.5 -110 2 units

The Hornets showed their jitters for sure on Saturday night. It was to be expected. Other than Peja and Mo Pete this team doesn't really have the playoff experience. The second half was beautiful. Chris Paul totally controlled that game and I couldn't have been more impressed. I do give think the Mavs will come out hard. The shenanigans with dirk and the Honets players will have them fired up. I just don' think the Mavs can match up well. They don't have anyone athletic or talented enough to guard CP3 or Chandler. The result is those guys perform well and the pick and roll opens things up for David West. Hornets 98-88

San Antonio -2 -110 2 units

Phoenix is the sexy pick and they played great the other night. Timmay had no trouble whatsoever against the Suns "powerful" (lol) frontline. The Suns really cannot guard Manu either. I still think this is a long series..the rest was needed both ways for sure but I think SA is still the better team here. Phoenix defense is better but I like the Spurs to control this game and break away in the 4th. Another game where we get a nice line on the favorite afte it got bet down from 3.5 to 2. Spurs tighten up late for a 95-86 win

GL, I can almost guarantee no one will like the Spurs bet. Thats fine and BOL.

BTW, you got sooooo lucky with Cle tonight...a couple of shots and calls go the other way, and it easily could have been under 20...and then anything could happen...

Oh, well, it's better to be lucky rather than good sometimes, right?

:pillow:

good hit on cavs...as for houston, scola sucks offensively and t-mac shouldnt be considered a star or any bullshit like that...def agree that it will be a sweep series...lookin for your picks tomorrow BOL

Tuesday Picks

Orlando -5.5 -110 4 units
Orlando over 198.5 -110 2 units

Well, first we get a discounted line after game one. Game opened at 6.5 but is now at this current number. Thats just fine with me. I unerstand that Orlando is not going to come out with the fir they had the other day but lets not read too much into the Raptors comeback though. Thats typical NBA. Its a typical defaltion after a hot start. The fact is Orlando is just a much better team. This series IMO now will go only 5 games. Possibly six but I really think the Raps only win is Game 3. Toronto didn't exactly come into he playoffs playing well. I lik how Lewis played Bosh at times. Really frustrated him. I know Chris will adjust and should be a bit better but thats the playoffs-adjustments. They'll be everywhere. The good part of Game one is that Jameer Nelson was assertive and played great. If they play Detroit next round he'll get exposed as he usually does but against the Raptor guards he can be quite effective in my estimation. Howard is too much inside. He got his first playoff "lesson" last year and now he gets a series where he can just "dominate". That opens it up for the Orlando wing players. I think Orlando coasts here. I missed the over in game one but get a reasonable number still for game two. The Raptors shot under 40 percent and still got 100. There will be plenty of FT opportunities here. Magic cruise 112-99

New Orleans -3.5 -110 2 units

The Hornets showed their jitters for sure on Saturday night. It was to be expected. Other than Peja and Mo Pete this team doesn't really have the playoff experience. The second half was beautiful. Chris Paul totally controlled that game and I couldn't have been more impressed. I do give think the Mavs will come out hard. The shenanigans with dirk and the Honets players will have them fired up. I just don' think the Mavs can match up well. They don't have anyone athletic or talented enough to guard CP3 or Chandler. The result is those guys perform well and the pick and roll opens things up for David West. Hornets 98-88

San Antonio -2 -110 2 units

Phoenix is the sexy pick and they played great the other night. Timmay had no trouble whatsoever against the Suns "powerful" (lol) frontline. The Suns really cannot guard Manu either. I still think this is a long series..the rest was needed both ways for sure but I think SA is still the better team here. Phoenix defense is better but I like the Spurs to control this game and break away in the 4th. Another game where we get a nice line on the favorite afte it got bet down from 3.5 to 2. Spurs tighten up late for a 95-86 win

GL, I can almost guarantee no one will like the Spurs bet. Thats fine and BOL.

glad to see i was already leanin towards all ur picks...especially lovin the hornets pick... kinda nervous to pull the trigger on the magic (they already had what i think was there best shooting night in game 1, tough to see that many 3s being drained again)

:cheers:

like the Over, BAR. Theres always a round 1 match-up that repeats a game 1 Over result in game 2, and this ORL/TOR match-up seems to be the sexiest candidate to do so.

Back