Game 3's Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I see that Wizards Kool-aid is quickly evaporating....they will have a quick start,..but fold in end...no nee for side..close game Bronnie wins..ML bitches

Cleveland +190 ML 2 units

Was waiting for line to hopefully go up..I think it closes lower so hit now...

gl bar, wizards are done and i expect the refs to protect king james (for the next few series), chippy series as should be expected with all the trash talking..

especially like the way agent zero totally fucked their chemistry down the stretch thus carrying over in the playoffs. also liked how lbj was getting his team involved, even got ben wallace a few easy buckets to start the game..

Will follow as I had a memorable day today losing in everything from games, to parlays, to blackjack- I feel like crap after losing every game and hand I played- haven't had a day like that in years- i got so pissed i hit a 18 at blackjack and got an ace to get 19 and still lost the hand, i then hit a 19 and got an ace on another hand and dealer got 21, not my day my friend, I am dissarray

Great call on NOH. I was a skeptic of that team, and I still am, but to a lesser extent. They played 2 impressive games for a team with no experience. I also thought Dallas could be under-the-radar dangerous these playoffs. They were getting no attention, no expectations, the exact opposite of last year. Sort of the position the Spurs were in last year, when everybody was banking on a Suns/Dallas showdown. I actually gave Dallas a good shot at getting to the WC finals, looking at their path there (inexperienced NOH team, then an exhausted Spurs/Suns winner). I was likely dead wrong, unless Avery comes up with a plan to stop Paul, and quickly. He is completely controlling these games, on the level that LeBron does. Unbelievable.

Great call on NOH. I was a skeptic of that team, and I still am, but to a lesser extent. They played 2 impressive games for a team with no experience. I also thought Dallas could be under-the-radar dangerous these playoffs. They were getting no attention, no expectations, the exact opposite of last year. Sort of the position the Spurs were in last year, when everybody was banking on a Suns/Dallas showdown. I actually gave Dallas a good shot at getting to the WC finals, looking at their path there (inexperienced NOH team, then an exhausted Spurs/Suns winner). I was likely dead wrong, unless Avery comes up with a plan to stop Paul, and quickly. He is completely controlling these games, on the level that LeBron does. Unbelievable.

For the size I went on that play...you can even say I am suprised. The controlling game comparison o CP and Bron is on the same level. Its scary. I was just watching last night and enjoying the show. It was beautiful. The last 6 quarters for the Hornets have been unreal. Simply beautiful basketball. Series isn't over yet. As dominate as they have looked they now step into a Hornets nest(pun perhaps) in Dallas and this is sorta like the Mavericks last stand with this group.

BAR,
do you expect dallas to win on friday. i just dont see it. when it comes to talent NOH seems superior. Dallas does not have anyone who can compliment DIRK. trading for kidd was a knee jerk reaction in my opinion as he can not provide the support needed. thanks !

Goob,

I have been debating this all morning. I really do think they'll have a last "stand". I also know this is a terrible matchup. And yes, the trade was dumb as can be. Losing what will be a perennial all-star at some point for an aging veteran. nice work Cuban.

Thanks BAR - u r so right about mismatch. i am really surprised to see dallas @ +5 but also know BIG D is like the irish and cowboys in getting national love. the funny part is since NOH has not won a game in dallas in the last 11 tries, this helps push the number....or I think it does...

Thanks again and go lakers (I expect them to pound enver (no D) just like they did in game 1...

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by biggoob
enver (no D)...
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
:36_11_6: nice pun, goob

thanks Blue....I have my moments...

I really cannot believe this line on the clev/washington game. It really begs you to take cleveland but in my expierence whenever there are lines like this they usually end up going to opposite way.

I still can't believe Haywood wasn't suspended. I would like to hear the reasoning on the thinking process about this.

Friday Game 3 Play

Detroit -3.5 -110 4 units (played at 5dimes)

I'll give more detailed explanation tonight when I get back. Love the spot. With how the first two games went this worked out perfect.

Good Luck Bar...

havent hung around here much MLB under way but like the Pistons play as well...I have done well backing them in teh 1st Qs and 1st Hs so far...being in game 1 they had lost consecutive games to Philly and Sixers ended the year on a slide while the bounce back method for game 2...I think Phillys comeback in game 1 will stay etched in peoples minds and thus create the misperception that Philly cang hang with them at this time of year...

I guess there was a heavy consensus backing Wash coming into the series as Cavs struggled down the stretch and Wash was finally getting healthy...I really wasnt pay close attention but they opened Cle short in game 1 which I rode them but when they were opened evenshorter in game 2 I rode Wash thinking they would get a W...Just seems odd that after opening Wash so strongly they finally make them cheap here in a must win spot.....especially knowing the higher the number the more Cavs action they will get..so tempted to ride Wash here...if they are +2 in Cle they should have been at least -6 here....also have too ride Tor and if Alston is still out fade haples Houston....GL :cheers:

im going to need a game 3 raptors pick... but only on the Raptors or total

heading down to the ACC tonight

Should be a pretty good atmosphere. Seems Air Canada has always had passionate fans for the playoff games I have watched over the years. I was hitting myself for not playing over 196 in game one. I played over 198.5 in game two and that hit pretty nicely even with a slow last 18 minutes. Total is at 203.5-204 from my two books. Toronto will get out and run at home no problem. Orlando will follow concurently. Neither team plays any kind of defense so I see another hova here. I am tempted myself to add it. Only concern is that Toronot jumps out really big in a emotional must win game and Orlando doesn't fight back hard enough. So, if I had to pick from those two plays I would would say either one should be solid. One game at Toronto this year ended in a 127-110 Raps win.

thumbs_up.jpg

Back