gabe's MLB TRACKING/SELECTION thread 6-29 to 8-16 (Doing this for 7 weeks)

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
30-22 +4.75 units in April
33-30 +0.26 units in may
43-40 +1.55 units in June
Treading water since April. Guess it's better than losing

15-14 +0.39 units in thread.

Ready to go on a run. Goal is 4 units by Aug 16th.

Your the only one who cares dilaudid lol
119-105 +7.12 units

17-15 +1.57 units

great call man. you're heating up. and that Ariz play the other day probably should've hit but shit happens. good luck going forward.

120-105 +7.72 units
17-15 +2.17 units

Two wagers:
NYM/WASH under 7 -105 for 0.6 units
KC TT over 3.5 -115 for 0.6 units

Y'know, I've always wondered, why do you only ever seem to bet half units? I've seen you mention in the past how baseball's your best sport, and you always seem to end up on the plus side from what I've noticed, so why the half unit? Aren't you theoretically costing yourself money every season by doing this? I'm all for money management, but just seems weird when you seem to do pretty well for yourself every season.

good question, I guess we all determine differently what a unit size is. With baseball there are a lot more wagers. It's just a number to be honest.

ADDING:

0.3* TEX/COL over 11 -115 not going to be cute will just add more to whole total.

I like the way he tracks his plays. He makes a unit meaningful and understandable. He seems to be saying a full unit is his top play and the lesser amounts are a percentage of that top play. I think this is a very good way of tracking other people on the internet. Multi-unit bets (which I have done and posted as well) are a bit deceiving to people who don't know better. This is especially true in baseball where the record itself is meaningless.

in other words .. of you have someone posting plays ranging from 1 unit to 10 units in baseball on the internet, both their units won and record are deceiving to knowing how successful they might be. The way Gabe does it is far less deceiving in this fashion. If everyone kept a one unit record in baseball it would be the best way to track other people but it is hard to force people to do it and other people have pointed out other forums that went down the drain trying to.

But I prefer the one unit as a max compared to other systems of tracking.

Those of us around every day can quickly realize who the jokers are with multi-unit betting (10*, 5star, whatever) who don't win and the ones doing that who DO win... when it is serious and when it is a joke .. but for a new lurker looking for someone to tail they can find themselves in a heap of trouble based on a baseball record or baseball units as listed by people in a thread for their action on the year.

I would say a one unit max is how a forum should be run and how the members of the forum should want it to be run for public safety but to each their own.

BTW I got steamrolled, ass beat in the bases yesterday .. be glad I didn't post.

Not to interrupt Gabe's thread (I like the Dodgers), more building on clown's post ....

I have always considered 1 "unit" to equal 1% of bankroll. Otherwise, unit in this context loses its meaning. If you're just trying to say a unit is 100 bucks or whatever, and you've decided to bet 200 units ... well, bullshit first of all, but what sort of perspective does that deliver? None.

Easier said than done unless you're a disciplined pro, I don't even know what the fuck my bankroll is ... I don't have gambling fat stax in coffee cans. But that definition in a gambling forum, if used by everybody, might keep some people out of trouble. "100% of this money is what I have for gambling. I risk this % of it." 200-unit internet muscle plays go away, by definition.

1 unit is about 5% of my bankroll. So most of my wagers are between 2-4%.

My money management skills have made it to where I haven't been cleaned out since 2007. I am not getting rich but I have paid for vacations and presents for myself. I am your typical grinder.

I do what I feel is right for me. To each their own.

Not attacking your style or system, in fact it's closer in line to what I'm talking about.

I'm simply saying if the entire forum defines "unit" differently, some 1%, some 5%, some no % at all, instead a dollar amount ... then the word has no meaning, no point of reference.

I care more about the definition of unit than the definition of marriage.

What I'm saying is, you go into Gabe's thread and see a .5 unit play, go into one of wire's threads and see a 200-unit play ... Is wire's play 400x stronger?

Gabe, to reiterate, no beef with anything you're doing in this thread. Was waxing on clown's most recent post. Keep doing what you're doing.

Different definitions of "unit" will plague gamblers on posting forums til the end of time.

I agree with you 100%

In all honesty it's all about R.O.I especially in baseball,

What I'm saying is, you go into Gabe's thread and see a .5 unit play, go into one of wire's threads and see a 200-unit play ... Is wire's play 400x stronger?

That's the point ... if the site doesn't use a standard it is very buyer beware. That isn't to say that the guy using 200 units is any worse than anyone else ... just that it makes units meaningless.... and in baseball record is meaningless too ... so for the average person stopping by looking for someone to tail (common practice at sports handicapping forums) it is nearly impossible to do unless you go through all the threads .... see every play ... understand what is going on .... which the person stopping in doesn't have time to do or they might have just learned how to handicap it themselves instead.

1 unit should be the max anyone ever posts to be quite honest about it.

sorry for tangent in your thread, Gabe.

32 baserunners. Colo blanks at home, harrison had 2 strike outs.

Capped the game great. Weird result.

Sorry.

That's the point ... if the site doesn't use a standard it is very buyer beware. That isn't to say that the guy using 200 units is any worse than anyone else ... just that it makes units meaningless.... and in baseball record is meaningless too ... so for the average person stopping by looking for someone to tail (common practice at sports handicapping forums) it is nearly impossible to do unless you go through all the threads .... see every play ... understand what is going on .... which the person stopping in doesn't have time to do or they might have just learned how to handicap it themselves instead.

reminds me of when TeeDub said it's harder to cap a capper than it is to cap a game, still agree with this line from him.

1-2 -1.17 units
121-107 +6.52 units

18-17 +0.96 units thread.

definitely didn't see that coming, had many RISP and just couldn't get the job done in Col last night.

reminds me of when TeeDub said it's harder to cap a capper than it is to cap a game, still agree with this line from him.

1-2 -1.17 units
121-107 +6.52 units

18-17 +0.96 units thread.

definitely didn't see that coming, had many RISP and just couldn't get the job done in Col last night.

absolutely done with FF unders and -0.5's. Neither of these have proven profitable and I will no longer invest in them. Too many random results.

absolutely done with FF unders and -0.5's. Neither of these have proven profitable and I will no longer invest in them. Too many random results.

Agreed. They make so much sense in principal. But in reality, the 3rd time through the order is when things seem to really move and shake.

Back