416 (Game 1) Arkansas scores first -170
416 (Game 1) Arkansas -1.5 -125
421 (Game 2) Vanderbilt -1 -146
421 (Game 2) Vanderbilt scores first -205
423 (Game 2) Oregon State -1.5 -185
423 (Game 2) Oregon State/Minnesota over 10.5 -120

Last edited:
Thanks Tim.

Regarding Stetson/UNC: may sound silly to not assume this, but had been waiting to see if Logan Gilbert (14th pick overall) will get the ball Friday; was a little concerned initially with Gilbert throwing 121 pitches on Saturday vs OKST and then coming back Fri on five days rest as the weekend college arms are accustomed to getting six. Dug a little deeper and noticed Gilbert had surpassed 120+ on three occasions prior to the OKST start and has averaged 112 pitches per start this season. Coming off those three 120+ pitch outings on six days of rest, he was dominant in each one of those following starts. Not overly concerned anymore, and I'd be willing to bet he gets the ball Friday on five (if his pitch counts throughout the season are any indication lol) so going ahead and playing the Hatters before I lose anymore perceived value.

(Game 1) Stetson +150

Interested to see if Miss State interim HC Gary Henderson sticks with Pilkington—who has been the Friday night starter all season—or if he rolls out their Saturday guy Ethan Small in game one, who has been spinning it much better lately than Pilk. Both are southpaws, but Pilk endured a rough May and was knocked around in the regional opener vs OU.

Vandy's freshman righty ace Drake Fellows is really coming into his own, and his performance in the regional opener was one of the best I watched over those several days. Loved his mound presence and swagger, and his slider is devastating. When he commands his fastball like he was vs the Johnnies to help set up that slide piece, college RHHs don't stand much of a chance. Unlike St. John's, who rolled out a RHH dominant lineup, Miss State can run out a trio of solid hitters from the left side of the plate in Mangum, Jordan and Allen.

If Small gets the nod I'll probably go under 10.5, but if Pilkington gets the ball for State I'll more than likely play Vandy in some form.

Last edited:
Miss State AD John Cohen whiffed on bringing #1 target Dan McDonnell to Starkville; he's staying put at Louisville. Interim HC Gary Henderson (former pitching coach under Cohen at UK and took over as HC in Lex when Cohen left for the Miss State job) says he still wants to coach 10-12 more years. He did a heckuva job turning their season around and there's still plenty of baseball left for Miss State. Cohen has made no bones about wanting to make a home run hire, so highly doubt Henderson returns even if they should advance to the CWS

Last edited:
gL bro. I’m assuming Mize going for Auburn?

Thanks bud. It hasn't been set in stone yet, but that's what I'm assuming as well since Mize has been the Friday night starter all season and will be on six days rest. Singer didn't show much rust vs Jacksonville coming off the three-week layoff due to the hammy injury and would also be pitching on six days rest.

I just feel like these two teams are trending in different directions.

But yeah, hopefully we'll get to see a rematch of the April 26 duel in Gainesville where UF won 3-1...

Snippet from that game:

The junior right-hander (Singer) rarely ran into trouble while striking out 8 and allowing 4 hits and 2 walks before begrudgingly giving way to the bullpen after 108 pitches. He improved to 9-1 with the win and lowered his ERA to 2.62.

Mize (8-2) was pretty impressive in his own right, but Jonathan India’s 2-run home run in the bottom of the first inning proved to be the difference. The Tigers’ junior righty would settle down from there while racking up 10 strikeouts and yielding only 3 hits, 1 walk and 3 runs (2 earned) over seven innings.

GL with the Supers this weekend, my friend. LOVE Tenn Tech's bats in this series and think that them being able to win games like the 2-1 outcome vs. Mo State shows they can win in ways other than outslugging you.

FYI, in your first thread, think you've got the Vandy game listed for tomorrow, but it's a 8pm start tonight.

Keep killing it, brother.

GL with the Supers this weekend, my friend. LOVE Tenn Tech's bats in this series and think that them being able to win games like the 2-1 outcome vs. Mo State shows they can win in ways other than outslugging you.

FYI, in your first thread, think you've got the Vandy game listed for tomorrow, but it's a 8pm start tonight.

Keep killing it, brother.

My thoughts exactly on Tenn Tech. They remind me quite a bit of Stony Brook's 2012 squad that advanced to the CWS.

Thanks for catching that!

My thoughts exactly on Tenn Tech. They remind me quite a bit of Stony Brook's 2012 squad that advanced to the CWS.

Thanks for catching that!

I graduated from TTU a couple years ago and am planning on road tripping with some friends if they get past Texas.

Very, very strange day from what I am taking away from Day 1 of these Supers...I am stunned how hideous the umpiring is in some of these games.

Minny/OSU umps weren’t little league worthy.

And Fullerton with 5 errors? Miss State in one at bat to the same batter having wild pitches allow 3 runs to score for Vandy? I’ve never seen that before. The defense is non-existent in a few of these games.

You just can’t cap bizarro stuff like this. One of the oddest days of watching Bases I can remember.

421 (Game 2) Vanderbilt -1 -146
421 (Game 2) Vanderbilt scores first -205
423 (Game 2) Oregon State -1.5 -185
423 (Game 2) Oregon State/Minnesota over 10.5 -120

Back