G-Man's Sunday Bowler. East Carolina/Boise. 12-23-2007

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Wow what a mess of the bowl games so far. Im 5-0 SU and 2-3 ats. ATS is all that matters.

Bearcats blow the cover with an int in the end zone when they should have kicked a point spread cover Fg. BYU gets SHUT out in the second half after that chicken shit fumble to give UCLA a free td with 15 seconds to go in the first half! Utah blows the cover against NAVY on a 58 yd blown coverage bomb!!!

No shocking upsets... Until now.

East Carolina +10.5 over Boise. Pirates are way better now than any of the teams that Boise has played this year on the road except Hawaii. EC has played 5 games on the road and 4 of them were Bowl teams. Im picking EC to win SU and shut down a very over rated offense that Boise has this season. One reason - is that Boise gave up 65 points to Nevada who was over rated as well as they showed against New Mexico losing 23-0 yesterday.

These two teams had one common opponent this season - S.Miss.
E. Carolina lost to S.Miss as a 1.5 point dog and Boise beat S.Misss as a 10 point favorite. That doesn't look like its logical to bet E.Caro here if Boise won and covered against SM while EC lost SU and didnt cover, but Bowl games are full of upsets every year and this is the first one I see.

E.Carolina is playing much better in the latter part of the season as they were only 1-3 in the first 4 games. Since that rough start, they are 6-2 and playing far better in the last 8 games. Boise is a good team and they won 10 games this season, but they only played two bowl teams on the road, Fresno state, who out-gained Boise by 90 yards, and Hawaii which beat Boise and out-gained Boise by 140 yds.

Another point here is that E.C. only gave up 34 points per game against 6 bowl teams - TWO that were highly ranked in the top 25. Those were VW(#9) and VT(#3).

Boise played ONE ranked opponent (Hawaii) (#10), and still gave up 36 points per game average in the games they had against bowlers.
The Pirates come from a better conference when it comes down to teams with winning records. The WAC hasn't been a particularly dominant conference this season.

History says that C-USA has gone 6-1 ATS in the last 7 bowl games between these two conferences. I believe its because the teams were better in those games than the public was aware of.

What I like most of all though, is that E.Carolina causes turnovers and plenty of them. Thats where the upset will come from.

East Carolina +10.5 ( 4 units)
East Carolina ML +340. (200 to win 680)

GLTA and good health to the Boise fans. :shake:

u can have the spread but not my 29 confidence pts in boise. haha.

i have zona st over texas as the first dog to cash on the ml. you like zona st?

gl.

Good luck buddy I am on it too, public loves offence but the bottom line unless you have a D you dont cover -10.5. And BOISE and HAWAI they struggle when they play real teams from real conferences. I see a close game also as BOISE is overrated and not explosive as years past. Plus the dog these days gets all the luck anyway so you cant go wrong

Texas will lose for sure, they are a joke this year.

good stuff man.......I was going to play Boise all the way, but info like this has me reconsidering.....:cheers:

Nice fucking hit, G-man. I loaded up on E. Carolina based on this post as well as the Nevada fuckstomping. Keep up the good work.

What are your thoughts on Georgia/Hawaii? With the WAC showing itself to be a fraud, I'm thinking about laying the 7.5.

Nice fucking hit, G-man. I loaded up on E. Carolina based on this post as well as the Nevada fuckstomping. Keep up the good work.

What are your thoughts on Georgia/Hawaii? With the WAC showing itself to be a fraud, I'm thinking about laying the 7.5.

would have to say the same thing...leaned UGA before the bowls started anyway..

Back