G-Man's Pro Conference Championships. The Road to The SuperBowl.

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Capping these last two games has very little to do with stats.

Typically I have used stats in every matchup, but when we get to this, its all about injuries.

In both games - the only team I see with any shortcomings, is that B.Stokley is out for the Colts, and in a game this big he will be missed. He's been out for a while (DEC) and he wont be available here for this one.

Just to add a little comparison, the Colts played a weaker opponent in Baltimore than New England played in San Diego. While all four teams failed on offense to dominate, its the Patriots that have the most balance going into this game. I appreciate the fact, that the Colts played great defense as I said they could, but moreso, it was also the fact that I said Balt was overrated on "D" and they were. But that Raven offense was as bad as it truly played, and there was just no way I felt they could do enough to win. On both prior games, NE played a Jets and SD team that was more consistent, than KC and Balt was for Indy. If you have to say who played the better teams the last two weeks, it goes like this.

N.England played 2 teams (Jets & SD) that were better than Balt and KC- whom the Colts played. N. Orleans played a team (Philly) that was better defensively, than who Chicago played by hosting Seattle and probably just as good on offense, than what the Hawks were. Seattle should have won, but didnt.

The Bears struggled at home against a team that was severely damaged in the defensive backfield and still almost lost. There were no excuses for Indy, Balt , SD or NE in any games. Turnovers were even, and as bad as some were, they still had the same effect overall for all the teams. Everyone was in each game, going into the last 5 minutes of all the games.

I see these both being close for a while, but this week the pressure is much greater for all of them. And since no team has truly been dominant all season, I feel that there is no home field advantage in either game.

These two matchups are the real Superbowls for these teams. INDY and N.England will have all the intensity you can have for a game, and BOTH teams will have an easier time if they get to the SB.

The Bears and Saints are both newcomers to the title game, and they both will have their jitters, just as any two teams who didnt have playoff success the prior few years. That makes them BOTH very balanced against each other for sure. Its time to throw out the Won-Loss records as they are meaningless here in these two games this week.

It all comes down to who's prepared, and what team overall, wont hurt themselves real bad. My guess - is that if Marty had Brees last week - they would be in this game today. Grossman isnt Brees and will never be, so the Bears are out. Manning is great but the best Field General with a PROVEN track record is BRADY. Ante up boys - it's tournament time!

Im going with BOTH DOGS here, as I see them BOTH winning SU.

Wont that be special if both QB's in the SuperBowl were BIG 10 Players!

Saints +2.5. and Patriots +3 for me. 15 Units each.

Under 47. 5 Units

Under 43. 5 Units

GL TA

Last edited:
With you on the Pats. I think I will be hitting the moneyline on this one as the points will not get them to Miami! The Pats beat the Chargers last week and I feel they are a much tougher team than the Colts. Seems like everyone is on the Colts. The line hasn't moved, but it would take a lot to move it off the 3 here.
Let's get 'em!
:smiley_acbe:

> > > Peyton Manning, after living a full life, died. When he got to
>heaven, God
> > > was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a
>faded
> > > Colts flag in the window.
> > >
> > > "This house is yours for eternity, Peyton," said God. "This is very
> > > special; not everyone gets a house up here." Peyton felt special,
> > > indeed, and walked up to his house.
> > >
> > > On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the
> > > corner. It was a 3-story mansion with a Silver and blue sidewalk, a
> > > 50-foot tall flagpole with an enormous Patriots logo flag, and in
>every
> > > window, a New England Patriots towel.
> > >
> > > Peyton looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful,
>but
> >> I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I hold many NFL records, and
>I
> > > even went to the Hall of Fame."
> > >
> > > God said "So what's your point Peyton?"
> > >
> > > "Well, why does Tom Brady get a better house than me?"
> > >
> > > God chuckled, and said:
> > >
> > > "Peyton, that's not Tom's house, it's mine."

paytheline said:
> > > Peyton Manning, after living a full life, died. When he got to
>heaven, God
> > > was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a
>faded
> > > Colts flag in the window.
> > >
> > > "This house is yours for eternity, Peyton," said God. "This is very
> > > special; not everyone gets a house up here." Peyton felt special,
> > > indeed, and walked up to his house.
> > >
> > > On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the
> > > corner. It was a 3-story mansion with a Silver and blue sidewalk, a
> > > 50-foot tall flagpole with an enormous Patriots logo flag, and in
>every
> > > window, a New England Patriots towel.
> > >
> > > Peyton looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful,
>but
> >> I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I hold many NFL records, and
>I
> > > even went to the Hall of Fame."
> > >
> > > God said "So what's your point Peyton?"
> > >
> > > "Well, why does Tom Brady get a better house than me?"
> > >
> > > God chuckled, and said:
> > >
> > > "Peyton, that's not Tom's house, it's mine."

EXCELLENT pay! :smiley_acbe:

BlitzBandit said:
agree with both unders and agree with the Pats... like the Bears though..

good luck this weekend bud.

Three out of four aint bad...:shake:

Brees hasnt thrown an interception this season on the road. Great fact for a road team that can run the ball too.

Back