Future Draft Busts of this 2015 Class

Agree with both Lareux and Wise. The NFL has changed and it's a passing first league that has lowered the value of RB' s, but not to the point were you simply don't take one early because that's what the league as a whole does. Even if you overdraft a player, in 10 years does it matter if he exceeds expectations ?

Everyone said Dallas reached on center Travis Frederick in the first round in 2013...but the Cowboys front office was right. Same thing was said when they drafted Larry Allen 20 years ago in the 2nd round...he only turned into the best player in team history. You don't pass on Gordon in the first round just because RB's are being devalued in today's NFL, he is too good to pass up.

Injuries aside, I think passing on Gurley would be a huge mistake. Now obviously he has had injury problems, but to me Gurley is one of the best RBs I have ever seen in college and they are saying mid 20s. Thats insane, but he is coming off that injury but i doubt he would be top 10 even if he wasn't.

I think the Trent Richardson pick just freaks teams out now.

Agree with both Lareux and Wise. The NFL has changed and it's a passing first league that has lowered the value of RB' s, but not to the point were you simply don't take one early because that's what the league as a whole does. Even if you overdraft a player, in 10 years does it matter if he exceeds expectations ?

Everyone said Dallas reached on center Travis Frederick in the first round in 2013...but the Cowboys front office was right. Same thing was said when they drafted Larry Allen 20 years ago in the 2nd round...he only turned into the best player in team history. You don't pass on Gordon in the first round just because RB's are being devalued in today's NFL, he is too good to pass up.

Draft experts are plenty now and they all think they know how to scout a player. Most do not, like McShay who even admitted as much saying last year he FINALLY understands what to look at. This after years of selling his BS on ESPiN like he did know what he was talking about.

Go on twitter and find hundreds of mock drafts which mean nothing before free agency nobody can accurately predict what a team needs. I keep seeing DTs for Lions and they will need one, but they act as if its a given they are losing Fairley and Suh. They will resign one of them for at least this year. The Lions need a lot and Mayhew loves RBs in first round. Give me Gurley or Gordon and I will finally be happy. Much better prospects than Best or Leshoure. Give me another OLineman, or Linebacker. Give me that Kendricks kid from UCLA. Just get talent and not some project.

The Lions need a lot and Mayhew loves RBs in first round. Give me Gurley or Gordon and I will finally be happy. Much better prospects than Best or Leshoure. Give me another OLineman, or Linebacker. Give me that Kendricks kid from UCLA. Just get talent and not some project.

Mayhew doesn't love 1st round rb's 187. Best is the only one. Leshoure was a 2nd (horrible). Riddick and Aaron Brown both 6th round. No way they go RB with the Joique in the fold and Riddick starting to flourish. Mid to late-round RB for sure. Like you said, we need immediate contributions. Not projects. O/Dline and I'll be happy. I like our LB'ers. Shouldn't last years 2nd round pick make some plays this year? Tulloch is gone soon. I love Levy. Whitehead improved dramatically.

kinda with wise here

I saw him vs LSU and our corners jammed him up pretty good I thought

8 for 83 and a TD. He had a few drops on balls he normally catches, would have surpassed 100 yards easy.

Obviously I'm a homer, but Amari is pretty much bust-proof IMO. He may not be a hall of famer, but I would bet he is as likely to succeed as anyone else in the first round. Great character, great work ethic, plenty fast and strong, and as has been mentioned, he is an exceptional route runner. He isn't the physical freak that Julio, Calvin Johnson, Dez are, but he is far more polished than any of them coming out. I think you can assume he'll improve being able to devote all his time to it.

Plus, he had Blake Sims throwing to him.

8 for 83 and a TD. He had a few drops on balls he normally catches, would have surpassed 100 yards easy.

Obviously I'm a homer, but Amari is pretty much bust-proof IMO. He may not be a hall of famer, but I would bet he is as likely to succeed as anyone else in the first round. Great character, great work ethic, plenty fast and strong, and as has been mentioned, he is an exceptional route runner. He isn't the physical freak that Julio, Calvin Johnson, Dez are, but he is far more polished than any of them coming out. I think you can assume he'll improve being able to devote all his time to it.

Plus, he had Blake Sims throwing to him.

Right, pretty much my thoughts exactly (and most of the experts you hear talk about him).

A good way to put it is that Amari has the highest floor of anyone in the draft (WRs or skill position players)...meaning he very likely isn't going to be one to be a 'bust,' but like you said he may not necessarily be a HOFer...which means he also isn't thought to have the highest ceiling as some others...there are a few guys who aren't as polished as he is right now, but with their freakish athleticism, they very well could be better than Amari when it's all said and done.

Simply put, he may not have the upside as some of the other skill position players in this draft, but he certainly has the highest floor...based on how he already runs routes, his character, work ethic, etc.

I haven't looked at his measurables yet, but Parker was a stud at Louisville.

I put Winston and Mariota as busts as well as most, if not all, of the pass rushing speedsters that are built like Aaron Maybin.

Back