FSU @ Clem........ Let's Break it down

Hard to handicap. fsu better by the eye test but not sure how interested Clemson has been since week 1

Peep Clemson's games vs Cuse, UGA & NcSt. Run over. That will be a big key to this game. The threat of Jameis should open some running lanes.

Should be an awesome game

Big time game for 2 programs that need to win one of these types of games....

Who is the real FSU D...like vs BC or like vs Maryland?

Who is real Clemson O...like vs WF and Cuse, or like vs NC St and BC?

Clemson QB in his 4th year playing vs FSU QB in his first...on the road...in HUGE game. No reason to think stage will be too big for Winston so far.

Clemson fortunate to cover +14 last year. Think it was a 4th down back door TD that was actually tipped by FSU DB. Different Noles team this year, think Clemson might be about the same team though.

Winston hasn't given us any reason to doubt him yet, but then again this will be worlds bigger than anything he has seen. Its going to be time for the FSU vets around him to make the plays and win the game.

I sort of like Clemson here, though I doubt I make it to the window.

Florida St has played no one worth a hoot yet. This is the great Jameis' first test in his short career. Take the grizzled vet in Boyd and the home team or just simply watch the game as a fan. Bout all the capping this game needs.

Fuhrman noted that had Clemson not dragged their feet against Boston College (a classic lookahead game) they likely would've opened -1. I think because of that there's a lot of value backing the home underdog getting a field goal.

Also interesting note. Florida State has not beaten Clemson in Death Valley since 2001. Obviously completely different teams, but history hasn't been kind to the Noles on the road in this series.

There's not two teams I know closer than these two and I still don't have a great feel for it. I would lean taking the points and rolling with the senior QB whose been in this sort of game before vs. the freshman phenom who hasn't faced anything like this yet.

Last edited:
First test on the road in a hostile environment facing a competent offense. If he can overcome that, he deserves to have my money.

Clemson's weakest position is safety. That could be trouble. But the Clemson pass rush will be much better than what FSU has seen to date. Can they get to Winston before he can unload the deep ball? That may be what decides the game.

Clemson's weakest position is safety. That could be trouble. But the Clemson pass rush will be much better than what FSU has seen to date. Can they get to Winston before he can unload the deep ball? That may be what decides the game.

Finest observation yet

More to MW's observation, Clemson has given up 11rushing plays of >20yds & 7 of >30yds. By contrast FSU has given up 4 rushes of >20yds. Big runs come from beating the secondary, namely safeties

That's right -- this has actually been more of a problem for Clemson's safeties than the deep pass.

Who is the real FSU D...like vs BC or like vs Maryland?

Who is real Clemson O...like vs WF and Cuse, or like vs NC St and BC?

Clemson QB in his 4th year playing vs FSU QB in his first...on the road...in HUGE game. No reason to think stage will be too big for Winston so far.

Clemson fortunate to cover +14 last year. Think it was a 4th down back door TD that was actually tipped by FSU DB. Different Noles team this year, think Clemson might be about the same team though.

this is one of the reasons i'm just leaning towards the noles at this point. How different is the outcome of that maryland game if brown doesn't get blown the fuck up? Is the noles D secondary that good? Or is that lack of brown that significant?

MD's receivers have legit talent, really wanted to see them w/brown vs this secondary, but we didn't. hard to gauge at this point.

Clemson wins by 30 :badass:

I'm leaning this way. Clemson moved the ball at will last year vs. this team (a better on paper FSU team) and now they get the home field advantage.

We've seen Clemson rise up to beat Georgia when they were healthy and LSU last year which was a LOADED team.

Florida State's biggest win last 2 years... over Northern Illinois?

Big matchup to watch: Shaq Anthony/ Gifford Timothy vs Mario Edwards Jr on weakside. Timothy lost his job to Anthony from concussion/bad play. Anthony has done a solid job. Watching the NcSt game now & Timothy was repeatedly beaten. Will watch BC game to see how Anthony played. MEJ had a hand injury but returned to play at a high level in UMD game. If Clem can solidify vs MEJ on the weakside, it forces FSU to bring extra rushers. If not FSU can use LBs to cover underneath stuff. Clem can't allow rush from weakside because they'll need 3+ to stop FSU DTs inside. Big matchup

Back