Friday the 13th at Keeneland...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
In the first, a starter allowance, most seem to think the 3 and 4 are the best horses; I like the 8 (Boom Baby), who lost her footing at the start and rallied late, just unable to catch winner, who wired the field. If the track is dry (and polytrack doesn't stay wet), then she's got a shot.

Using the 3-4-8 in all exactas, tris, pick-3s and Daily Doubles...

In the second, a wide-open claiming race, I will certainly have the 5-horse, New Paradise at the top of all my tickets. He was bumped and forced out before the first turn last time and weakened in the stretch because of it. That was his first start since April and he figures to run a little better in the second off a layoff.

Still searching for help there, looking at using Gold Trim, Tux N Tales and Roaring Home as horses underneath and with the top choice on Pick-3 and double tickets... Thoughts???

Back later, all. GL today...

:shake:

Well, off to a good start. It wasn't a huge bet, and the payouts weren't much, but it beat losing...

Tri 3-8-4 paid $49.20 for a $2 ticket, and the exacta paid just $18.80 but it sure beats losing...

Sticking w/ the chalk on this one too....straight win bet on the 5....New Paradise...

Let's do this one rexy...

Fuck I forgot Pinny's horseracing menu is java and I get locked out of that work because of the firewall. Fucking brisnet takes a password now to..unbelievable. I couldn't get down if I wanted too. lol...

Timmy: Just give Brisnet your credit card info and you're all set. I got the SuperTote up right in front of me as we speak and it didn't cost me one penny...

As for the Pinny JAVA deal, man that is a tough beat....

GL with Mike's horses in the third...

GL fellas I'm a spectator until I get home, which may now have to be sooner than later lol.. Rex yeah I saw you could sign up, just didn't want to go through that at the time.

Impressive work indeed. Got edged at the wire out of the TRI...

A little chalky today but that's okay by me until I get any decent tips...

Going with a 3-4 exacta box. Same deal with next pick-3 .... 3-4 with 6-8-11 with 8 singled in the 6th race...

what does this mean?

3-4 with 6-8-11 with 8 singled in the 6th race...

I'm on thegreek and they have the race....

Is it a trifecta box?

I see the exacta box...but theres no horse 11 in the 6th race

just 6 Tide Runner and 8 Wildcatfan...

Sorry Scourge...

That's a Pick-3 bet.

I used horses 3 and 4 from the fourth race
Horses 6, 8 and 11 in the 5th
And horse 8 singled in the sixth

In the third, I singled the '7' in the Pick-3 that ran through races 3, 4 and 5.

So I am alive in that with the 6, 8 and 11.

The 6 will pay $218.60, the 8 will pay $149 and the 11 will pay $147.80. Not bad indeed, to have three shots in here...

Got it?

In the fourth, I lose the exacta but had the winner in my Pick-3s.

Gonna roll along and use 6,8,11 with 1,8 with 5, 10 and 11.

So if you wanted to bet a Pick-3 starting with Race 5, Scourge, the horses listed above are the ones I'm betting...

I kinda get what your saying but I just put $10 on 8 Wildcatfan, cause I went to Zona. thats the extent of my horse betting knowledge.

You should check out my tennis thread Rex, no more plays today but I'll have some good ones tomorrow.

This still looks confusing after reading it.

The Pick-3 is a bet where you try to pick the WIN horse only in three straight races. A 'rolling' pick-3 allows you to place bets on the same horses in later races if you lose an early one.

Say I win the first race, and lose the second (like today)... the third race is irrelevant for the first pick-3 bet, but you can reference back to those horses placed on your first ticket and use the same ones for races 3, 4, and 5 if you so desire.

The 11 is going to be tough to beat in this fifth race but if you can do it, you will be rewarded handsomely. I really like the 6 (Bees), who is 13-1 as the horses come onto the track.

The 8 (Way Sassy) is my choice to complete that tri (see my pick-3 horses lol) but the 7 has been getting a lot of attention at the window.

Mike (Tim's friend) also likes the 9, currently at 17-1, but wasn't too enthusiastic about this race...

The seven scares me most, with all that early money...

BEES!!!

$20.20 to win, $8 to place, $6.20 to show.... BOOM!

$2 Pick 3 pays $218.60!!!

$2 Exacta 6-8 pays $96.80!!!

WHOO HOO....

Allright, next Pick-3 is in as the 8 horse comes through in the 6th... Wildcat Fan at the line...

That pick-3 pays $166.40!!! YAY....

Next one is rolling, just need the 5, 10 or 11 for a monster (5 for $177; 10 and 11 for $370 and $386 on $2 bets).... payout....

OK for the Pick-3 starting with the seventh and ending with the feature, using 5-10-11 with 3-1 with 4-5-10-12....

Lot of horses but I can afford it the way the day is going.

Also have a EX, TRI and SUPER box in the 7th with 5-10-11-12.

Why not?

what do you like in the 8th? just got home to get $50 across on the 8 in the 6th and grab a beer got something to shoot with....any thoughts?

THIS pick-3 pays $370.40, after it runs 10-4-8. Never had a shot at the exotics in that race but at this point, who cares???

Using 3-1 with 4-5-10-12 with 7-10-6 in the Pick-3 starting with the 8th...

GL!

thats what i am thinkin gonna have to put the 3 on top and try some of these exotics 3/1,5,2/1,5,2,9

Using 1-3 with 1-3 with 2-5-9 in the TRIS in the 8th

1-3 with 1-3 with 2-5-9 with 2-5-9 in the SUPER...

Of course, a 1-3 Exacta box...

And put another Pick-3 together with 1-3 with 4-5-10-12 with 6-7-10... what's $80 more???

well I am done for the day off to meet a few for some drinks you goin out there at all this weekend rex?

I will be going out tonight for a little bit though... Gonna watch the baseball games, got both road teams parlayed with OVERS and in straights as well....

Using the '4' as my key WIN horse...

Also got an EXACTA with 4-5-10-12 with 4-5-10-11-12 ($6 ticket costs $96)

TRI with same four on top of same 5 and same 5 ($2 ticket costs $96)

SUPER same four over same 5 over same 5 over same 5 ($2 ticket costs $144)

Wide-open race and I could be throwing cash away if one of these other capable horses I threw out (9 being prime example, also the 3)... hits the board in top-2 or 3...

Also got 4-5-10-12 with 5-7-10 in the late double... $6 ticket costs $72...

Well just got carried out there. Good ol' Bobby Baffert sticks it to me again, ha ha ha.

Hell of a day for Espinoza.

Think I'm done for the day. GL fellas, will try to come in with the National Pick-4 tomorrow and especially thoughts on the two big KEE stakes...

Well poop CATSFAN.

Was going over our totals with the guy on the stage, see if we needed to make any changes on some of these non-TV games in the college football...

Sorry to miss your post, and I didn't even see the race. Used 5-7-10 as my three horses in the late double so those woulda been the three I played. Can't say I had a favorite out of those three, guessing I had more value with the 7 than the other two....

Whaddya know, 10 wins it at 7-to-1. DAMN...

Will check that thread...

scourge said:
I kinda get what your saying but I just put $10 on 8 Wildcatfan, cause I went to Zona. thats the extent of my horse betting knowledge.

You should check out my tennis thread Rex, no more plays today but I'll have some good ones tomorrow.

Wildcatfan won!

I'm rolling now 10 for 22!

In regards to tennis, I love capping it because only 3 factors come into play the respected players and the surface. Thats what I use for the matches and its a good time of the year because alot of the good players are playing for ATP ranking points in order to qualify for hte Shanghai points championship and they need wins.

Back