Friday/Saturday NBA Playoffs Discussion

eggnoggin

Pretty much a regular
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA PLAYOFFS - SECOND ROUND
Friday, May 8th (BOS/ORL, HOU/LAL 1-1)
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>05/08
4:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>717
718</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> BOSTON
ORLANDO</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>189
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>189
4½ </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>189
4½ </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>189
4½ </TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>05/08
6:35p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>719
720</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> LA LAKERS
HOUSTON</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>1½
195 </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>1
194½ </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>1
194 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA PLAYOFFS - SECOND ROUND
Saturday, May 9th (CLE, DEN 2-0)
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>05/09
2:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>721
722</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> DENVER
DALLAS</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>209½
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>209½
4 </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>209
4 </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>209
4 </TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>05/09
5:00p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>723
724</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> CLEVELAND
ATLANTA</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:
Over Under numbers

Boston-Orlando

Joe DeRosa 30-38
Scotty Foster 46-26
Leon Wood 34-32

LA-Houston

Sean Corbin 37-30
Ron Garrettson 34-40
Steve Javie 30-39

Not the guys you wanted to see if you're betting the Magic though. Rough crew.

BIAS ALERT, BIAS ALERT

Isn't 5 a pretty high number for the Magic to be laying without Rafer Alston? I know he isn't great but he is much better than Anthony Johnson. Rondo should terrorize Anthony Johnson. It's not a great spot for the C's coming off a blowout win, but the pure matchup in this one favors Boston. I think Boston comes out and gets it done.

BIAS ALERT, BIAS ALERT

Isn't 5 a pretty high number for the Magic to be laying without Rafer Alston? I know he isn't great but he is much better than Anthony Johnson. Rondo should terrorize Anthony Johnson. It's not a great spot for the C's coming off a blowout win, but the pure matchup in this one favors Boston. I think Boston comes out and gets it done.

lol at putting the bias alert in green. Well played. I felt the line opened up a bit bigger that what I had expected and often times that is precisely what should tip you off to the right side. The fact that it's coming back down makes we even more cautious. Personally think is the time of the series where all those OT games with Chicago start catching up.

Seabass,

I am sticking with my theory of Orlando here and the C's on Sunday. It's funny that the line has stayed steady or even risen since the suspension. I agree Rondo will be a pest but AJ is no slouch. he is a steady veteran and like LTE said he will be playing at home, which is huge.

BIAS ALERT, BIAS ALERT

AJ is generally pretty good with the ball and over his career isnt prone to turnovers.

No one is expecting AJ to win the game, but he can hit the open jumper if given space.

Personally, I think it works out pretty well. Hedo has struggled with Rafer at the helm. Hedo should have the ball more in his hands now and be able to create and be a little more effective.

Regarding Saturday, I dont think I can lay the points with Dallas. Nugs too impressive of late, but I could see Denver + being a massive square play.

Hawks ML gotta hit game 3 or game 4 right??

Regarding Saturday, I dont think I can lay the points with Dallas. Nugs too impressive of late, but I could see Denver + being a massive square play.

Hawks ML gotta hit game 3 or game 4 right??

Well, Joe Johnson doubtful at this point plsu the injuries to Horford and Marvin.

Can't see much happening here. Great HCA but just so little firepower right now.

If he is smart, and I think he is, Rajon Rondo will attack AJ as much as possible to get him in foul trouble. He did it a few times in the Chicago series where he was aggresive and got Rose into foul trouble. Then if AJ has to sit, who's the 3rd string PG? I don't even think they have one. They might have to go to Lee who's a 2 guard or go with the point forward Turkoglu. Either way, they are going to be hurting IMO.

looks like Lee is in tonight, but coming off the bench.

Rookie guard Courtney Lee will return to the Magic on Friday night in Game 3 against the Celtics. Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy confirmed after the team's morning shootaround that he would return to the team after surgery last week to repair a fractured sinus.
Lee will be forced to wear a protective mask, and will come off the bench for the time-being.

Back