Friday Pucks

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
Last night was a weird one, quite the roller coaster for my remote control, as it saw the wall a few times ... felt real good going into the start, couple games are in a go either way mode, then 6 goals in St Louis second period and then back to normal in the 3rd... it happens, just weird... anyways, all yesterdays news. Going to be relatively quick today.

Sides 20-19 +2.19unit
Totals 33-33-7 +0.37unit
YTD 53-52-7 + 2.56 unit

Atlanta / NY Rangers over 6.5

Teams scoring a combined 7 goals a game overall at 3.6 and 3.4 respectively. PP units at about 20% for the year, PK low to mid 80's for both. H/A splits Goals increase to about 3.75 each a night, PP / PK about the same. Rangers giving up 3.6 a night, Thrashers givingup 3.2 a night in their last 5. Over 6-2 NYR road game, 5-3 Thrashers home games.

Nashville +142

Like the price on a game that pits 2 teams who IMO are evenly matched. Both are on win streaks heading into tonight. But I like the way Nashville has gone on the road into real tough road arenas and come away with W's. I think this game will be a special teams battle, and Detroits PP unit is just awful, so edge to the Preds. Preds score more, Wings play better defense.

Edmonton / Columbus under 6

Both teams are at under 3 a night. Edmonton is not playing good hockey and not moving the puck through the neutral zone. If you saw them get ZERO shots in the first period vs the Wings on Wednesday you will know exactly what i meant. Its evidenced by them only getting 25 on net a night in the last 5 and for the season for that matter. They are scoring under 2 on the road where they sit at 1-5. From what I saw out of the CBJ game last night it wasnt a physical battle and a slow paced game, not worried about weary legs on D.

Thats it. Might add one more later.

GL Everyone:cheers:

I am going to play nashville, I still dont have a feel for totals. GL bro

eames - :26_6_7:

nick - glad you like it too. Not going to be aseasy to shut down Nashville as it was with Edmonton thats for sure. GL:cheers:

GL, Santa. I backed VAN yesterday intending to chase with Minny to see in that 1st Duck regulation loss. But the more I look at things, the more I think Calgary can manage that tonight. So its the Flames for moi. GL

BC - I didnt get to watch a single minute of the game last night in Vancouver, but from what I saw Luongo got rocked and that set the tone, I think CGY is a good side tonight too coming off a win vs Dallas.

In fact... you convinced me by being on it yourself... Im a stubborn SOB sometimes. lol

Adding

Calgary +112

NOt going against Ducks...yet. Cal in a good spot...with some emotion from last year's elimination for the Cup race....good call...get 'em!

Santacapper said:
BC - I didnt get to watch a single minute of the game last night in Vancouver, but from what I saw Luongo got rocked and that set the tone

Santa, I listened to that game, and both the actual comments from the VAN crew, and the feeling overall I got, is VAN pretty much quit when all their early running achieved nothing - couple of golden chances missed, incl. a hit post - then against that run of play the Ducks scored off a Nuck skate, and VAN pretty much quit. I think these guys will be good fade material off tough wins (their prior game of course that hard fought Dallas win). Whether Salo's return should alter that opinion, I doubt it.

2 goals in 19 seconds after Ducks hit the post and have numerous PP chances. I think this is finally their first regulation loss. Flame defense too solid to fuck up this, surely.

BC - yeah, I was reading the Van papers this morning and it was saying pretty much the same thing you mentioned about quitting. Coach called out Luongo too. Interesting turn of events. Will sure take that start though... and for the GS

Back