Friday NBA

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
71-47-6 +37.15 units

Well, Thursday night was quite interesting. A live home dog in New Jersey certainly a good play but thats just one of those games. Detroit was solid and they did exactly what I expected them to do off two horrible losses. A splits a split but I can't help but be pissed that I lost 60 bucks when I could have won 1200.

First, a few thoughts on Detroit and Orlando. This line is off. Now, I haven't checked the true opener yet but 4.5 is a lot of points. That means that if game was in DET the line would be 1.5 Again, I need to see the true opener before I can come to a true conclusion. Detroit will be fine off the B2B. As Rogino says they have a nice long break after this game and a maximum effort should be put out. The guard situations is a huge plus for Detroit. The only thing I worry about is Dwight Howard manhandles us inside. Thats a problem. Value lies with Detroit though.

The game BoDogKilla and myself really looked at a lot together was Miami @ Denver. I use pinny and no line has come up still. He had a 8.5 at the Greek I believe. Seems high? Of course. Its there for a reason. I also pointed out in Eames thread today how much I like it. This is a throwaway game for the Heat. Expect Denver to run away with it in second half.

One confirmed play right now. The Utah Jazz on road at Minnesota. You all know I don't play on/against Minnesota often. They are like a curse to me. I am 1-0 on their games this year with the Laker win a few weeks back. I will bite again tonight and take the Jazz. Better team grabbing a point on road. Seriously. Your talking about a top 4 seed in West vs a non-playoff team. I love how Utah rebounds too. Thats why they are such a hard opponent. I honestly thinkl this is legit and not a trap. Will only paly a unit though

Utah -1 -106

(sold 2 points from +1 to -1)

hey BAR glad to be with two of your plays. (Utah and Denver)
I think that orlando can pull it off. Frontcourt dominance IMO.
Are you gona play detroit?

Prolly lay off either way. The frontcourt edge for Orlando is huge. I just wonder why the line is 4.5 It should be more like 2 IMO.

OK then I'll push through with my magics play. If you were playing the pistons I probably would have layed off the magics pick.

I see improvement in Minny play last days. Mike James is becoming factor. I like UTA is rested in this spot. I have to decide yet. GL mate

LAL under and DET +4,5 still my best

GL with my Jazz tonight. I think you're going to get a dogfight over in Minny with the Jazz pulling out a 4 or 5 point victory. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Nice deal with the hometown team yesterday B.A.R.
That Jersey game makes me want to break something..like carters legs.
Gl tonight. On the Jazz as well
'an_horse' 'an_horse' 'an_horse'

like you guys I'm still feeling the sting from the nets not covering last night but still went 3-2. So far I like Utah and Den for tonight. GL:cheers:

hi bar!!!....utah stood out for me as the play as well....this may be the only game i play....gl man....what did you play in nfl yesterday?....lets beat the books this weekend

hey BAR,
Your season record looks awsome man...great time reading your posts as always...
Not fond of your Utah play tonight..I agree, but Minnesota is an off and on team...and Utah is way better at home.

Went for Suns -5 @ +100...

No way this awfull celtic defense can stop hot Suns, filled with confidence and stamina.
Stoudemire,Diaw and Thomas should have a great game here, and all the back court should be pilling up 3's...
Suns have a deep bench, no injuries...they sould be high-flying in that spot.

GL man.

Denver -9 -103 2 units

back in a few minutes(played that at 9:15 am...not sure if line has changed or not)

Is Billups banged up for tonights game, any word out of hockeytown on his status for tonights game?

Good shit man... Working up the strength on the Denver chalk play lol

I copied this from another site,
DALLAS -- Late in the fourth quarter Thursday, Chauncey Billups limped off the floor holding his right hamstring. He returned after a time-out but was impeded by the pain the rest of the game.
Afterward, he sat in his chair in the locker room, his hands on his head, a giant roll of gauze around the muscle.
He didn't look happy about the prospect of injury at this point in the season.
"I couldn't move," he said of the final moments when he stayed in the game, a 92-82 win. "I just couldn't move. Shot clock was running down, and I couldn't get by."
Billups said he hoped the pain would subside by tonight's game against Orlando. If not, the team's short on point guard options. Reserve guard Lindsey Hunter isn't with the team as he recovers from a sore Achilles tendon.
That leaves backup Ronald (Flip) Murray and rookie Will Blalock as options to fill Billups' role if he does sit, a prospect that seemed unlikely Thursday night.
"I know I didn't pull it too bad," Billups said.

Billups tweaks hamstring, could sit tonight

Friday, December 08, 2006 By A. Sherrod Blakely

Next game: Tonight at Orlando, 7 p.m. Channel 20
DALLAS -- The Detroit Pistons got a much-needed 92-82 win over the Dallas Mavericks, but it may come at a cost: not having Chauncey Billups tonight.
Late in Thursday night's game, Billups tweaked his right hamstring and was visibly in pain as he played out the final three minutes with the injury.
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1 src="http://ads.mlive.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_jx.ads/www.mlive.com/xml/story/S/SPPT/@StoryAd"></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--if (parseFloat(navigator.appVersion) == 0) {document.write('<IFRAME WIDTH=468 HEIGHT=60 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 HSPACE=0 VSPACE=0 FRAMEBORDER=0 SCROLLING=no BORDERCOLOR="#000000" SRC="http://ads.mlive.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads/www.mlive.com/xml/story/S/SPPT/@StoryAd"></IFRAME>');}--></SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>There were a number of possessions in the last couple of minutes where Billups wasn't able to turn the corner on offense, and struggled mightily to stay with him man defensively.
"I couldn't move. I just couldn't move," said Billups, who had 12 points and 11 assists along with a season-high five steals.
Billups was asked afterward if he thought the injury would keep him from playing against Orlando tonight.
"I don't know," he said. "I hope not. I never had a hamstring (injury), I know I didn't pull it too bad. But I could feel it's short right now."
If Billups is unavailable, expect Flip Murray to replace him in the starting lineup.
Detroit's center-by-committee approach has featured some solid play defensively. However, it was Detroit's big men off the bench contributing on the offensive end that was among the many unexpected contributions Detroit got in Thursday night's win.

Dale Davis, who has provided a solid defensive presence for Detroit, had a season-high six points - all in the first half - along with four rebounds and a blocked shot. Antonio McDyess continues to find his shooting touch, scoring eight points on 4-of-9 shooting from the field. And starting center Nazr Mohammed, whose minutes resemble those of a sixth man, had eight points on 4-of-5 shooting.
"We just was able to take what they gave us," Davis said. "Guys hit me with some passes and I was able to score."
The Pistons are still a perimeter-oriented team, but more performances like Thursday from Detroit's big men will force teams to pay closer attention to the Pistons' frontcourt scorers.
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1 src="http://ads.mlive.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_jx.ads/www.mlive.com/xml/story/S/SPPT/@StoryAd"></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--if (parseFloat(navigator.appVersion) == 0) {document.write('<IFRAME WIDTH=468 HEIGHT=60 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 HSPACE=0 VSPACE=0 FRAMEBORDER=0 SCROLLING=no BORDERCOLOR="#000000" SRC="http://ads.mlive.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads/www.mlive.com/xml/story/S/SPPT/@StoryAd"></IFRAME>');}--></SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>"We'll see," Davis said. "We were all pretty aggressive."
It took quite a while for ex-Piston Jerry Stackhouse to get over the hurt of coming so close last June to winning his first NBA title.
"I could almost touch it, and smell and see it and feel it and then all of a sudden, it don't happen for you," Stackhouse said. "It's disappointing, but like anything, time heals the wounds."
... Pistons guard Lindsey Hunter, who is out indefinitely with a sprained right ankle and sore Achilles, did not travel with the team. ... Orlando's Dwight Howard turns 21 today. ... The Orlando Magic's home court has a new name, the Amway Arena. ... Ex-Piston Jerry Stackhouse was scoreless on Thursday. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, it was only the third time the former All-star has played at least 18 minutes and did not score a point. The last time it happened was on May 2, 1999, when he was with Detroit and the Pistons were playing Philadelphia.
A. Sherrod Blakely can be reached at sherrodb@aol.com, or you can check out his weblog at www.mlive.com/pistons/weblog/.

they have a few days off after tonight, thinking they see if he can go,, probably not play too much if any ,cause they have 4 more days to rest and heal. they don't play again until the 13th

Good point.

(btw--I deleted all those ads in copy-paste but they reappeared..lol)

I never play against teams with game day injury announcements...

that being said

Washington -3 -110

HUNTDOG said:
I might have some drunken jamesons picks for later.

Just hjad me some John Jameson on the rocks...lol....get a nap in and be back for the games:cheers:

Smooth as shit bitch

Hey, why the fuck does mlive do that shit with ads?...damn near impossible to copy n paste..lol

Utah is shaping up as fade play as well as Washington. It's hard to imagine the Sixers playing any worse, and I think no AI actually helps here.

The oddsmakers are telling you who to bet in Denver. I made Denver -8, but It think the situation calls for a play on the Nugs.

Prolly gonna roll with UNDER in Boston/Phx

Good shit smh...

I totally agree the line in Denver tells you the play on the game

yes...denver is an obvious play...terrible spot for miami....you gotta get the balls early on chalk tho...cause it rises faster than my baby mama's yeast infection

Well, I fuckin knew Detroit was the play but didn't have the stones to play the Stons. Of course an 'injured' Billups goes for 31 points on 11-16..awesome performance. Detroit showed Orlando in last 2 minutes how to win a ballgame..impressive to say the least.

Wizards have climbed back in and taken control. God I hope they win or i'll really be kicking myself.

bar do u have the nba ticket?? Im excited to get to watch my 2 fav teams in a few

That 34 point 3rd quarter by Minnesota was killer. A 7-2 start to 4th doesn't help either. Still a chance but I huess there was a reason line was low...hmmmm

Dude we knew Detroit would come to play. We said it last night, that was a total over-compensation on the spread cuz of the bad spot. Fuck me.

Same here man. Even the under looked great with these two. Scared myself away. Ah well....lets go Wiz

Bad night son. I knew I was due for a loss sometime soon but I totally wasnt expecting it when we had the same plays. But thats life. now the bounce back will take place again. Vicious cycle of gambling.

B.A.R. said:
Detroit showed Orlando in last 2 minutes how to win a ballgame..impressive to say the least.
very impressive indeed, flawless execution of their HC sets.

Killa said:
Dude we knew Detroit would come to play. We said it last night, that was a total over-compensation on the spread cuz of the bad spot. Fuck me.
having watched the 3Q in that game, i think it would have been a bloodbath and dd victory for orlando if billups hadn't gotten on fire, the rest of the guys were lagging around for the most part in that quarter, IMHO

Back